The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
well that would have to be me :p....I had 2 i5's and now the i7, but the gpu temps on all three varied:-?, this was indeed a weird problem.

Broken In
Yup. May be a cooling system issue. But I would go anyway. Reduce the CPU clock while gaming and play the game in GT650M... at 50k there is nothing near this lappy with the screen, sound, looks. Nearest ones are some Dell SE with 7730hd or gt640m at the price 53/54k, still far inferior. Dell is selling gt650 with 1gb gddr5 at 63k. Now, your call buddy.
If not happy you can return anytime, I guess, like Dan4u did.

17R S.E has 2GB DDR5!!!!!! not 1gb.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@dan4u: usually i get 55-60fps in NFSHP2010 but while throttling it drop to 38-42, but the problem is I can easily see the lagging.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal007: oh man, don't say like this, pehle hi time kharab chal raha hai. I'll wait for drivers. if problem still persist then exchange.
And I am playing in 1600*900

dexbg

Journeyman
I'll be damned if I dont pick up the S01IN this Weekend .. :D

Havent been this excited since I was gonna purchase the Moto DEFY .. :p

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@dan4u: usually i get 55-60fps in NFSHP2010 but while throttling it drop to 38-42, but the problem is I can easily see the lagging.

I would recommend you try a few other games, if possible try gta iv or crysis. and it might be a problem with the game itself, did you install the latest patches for nfs hp? i believe its version 1.0.5.0.
and usually if it throttles, the fps should be way below 20, in your case its 38-42 fps, so I doubt its a throttling issue.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@dan4u : this is my first PC with graphics card. so I dont have original game. Waiting for FIFA13. And i have only few games fifa08,nfsmw and devil may cry 3 SE(I didnt play on this laptop). In nfsMW too i could see the lagging,frames drop from 65 to 30-35. but I have 'ebay motors Grid' original Demo and in high setting i didn't see any lag.

aaronlivera

Broken In
soo awesome laptop.... got the laptop on 30th.... couldn't say it here .. lack of internet that time..... lol.... i brought the i7 ver for 57k the shop man said 61k at first then at last he came till 58.... then i wanted to buy one monitor for my old billing comp... brought that and at last in the bill he i juz asked him for lil more discount so he made it 57k for laptop and for the monitor 6k....

got a 8gig pendrive and a local hdmi cable as goodies....

the sound is super awesome with the tip said by pratush...

was playing COD black ops till now....

but still am wondering will COD MW3 work in this...???

dexbg

Journeyman
soo awesome laptop.... got the laptop on 30th.... couldn't say it here .. lack of internet that time..... lol.... i brought the i7 ver for 57k the shop man said 61k at first then at last he came till 58.... then i wanted to buy one monitor for my old billing comp... brought that and at last in the bill he i juz asked him for lil more discount so he made it 57k for laptop and for the monitor 6k....

got a 8gig pendrive and a local hdmi cable as goodies....

the sound is super awesome with the tip said by pratush...

was playing COD black ops till now....

but still am wondering will COD MW3 work in this...???

MW3 will runs pretty well on this .. even BF3 due to the beefy i7

aaronlivera

Broken In
well this lappy gets hot .... din see any throttling and all although for 1 hour gaming in COD Blackops.... after one hour i din feel like gaming cos feels like somethings gonna melt(dint see the temp though).... so i juz let it cool down for a while... then i game again,..... only the vent is very hot all the other parts is cool.... i keep the laptop on thermocol leaving the vent out in an ac room....

must try COD MW3....

Top Bottom