The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

nilede

Right off the assembly line
Yup. May be a cooling system issue. But I would go anyway. Reduce the CPU clock while gaming and play the game in GT650M... at 50k there is nothing near this lappy with the screen, sound, looks. Nearest ones are some Dell SE with 7730hd or gt640m at the price 53/54k, still far inferior. Dell is selling gt650 with 1gb gddr5 at 63k. Now, your call buddy.
If not happy you can return anytime, I guess, like Dan4u did.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
hey buddy listen no one here is having exact information why throttling occurs my friend pratyush and many other owners never experienced throttling and temps were on high but they are bearable...laptop remains amazingly cool as ron said ( read some above posts and pages ) it can be build fault too but the build quality is very nice as everyone is saying may be some more resources demanding game causing throttling all are hoping it will get fixed when nvidia release new official drivers! i saw even the inspiron 17r se is having a little throttling too and temps are same around 90c there too!! so dont worry about it much if you play on 1600x 900 on ultra setting it may can happen but better to play on just a little lower resolution most of the users are not having much problems now!! even har and other members never had throttling issues just once or two may be...jbl , display , other specs stand out the crowd !! it is VFM!! EVERYONE AGREE!

:agreed:

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Yup. May be a cooling system issue. But I would go anyway. Reduce the CPU clock while gaming and play the game in GT650M... at 50k there is nothing near this lappy with the screen, sound, looks. Nearest ones are some Dell SE with 7730hd or gt640m at the price 53/54k, still far inferior. Dell is selling gt650 with 1gb gddr5 at 63k. Now, your call buddy.
If not happy you can return anytime, I guess, like Dan4u did.
1600x900 is so less for a 17 inches laptop and yeah ur rite insipron 14r se is around 50k too but its still fails in sound, looks, display, power everything wht else you can expect with 50k ? lol gt 650m is => gtx 560m its a awesome card!! yup dan returned lappy 2 times lol and now looking to do it again :crazy::lol:

sherif

Broken In
Got my sammy 31st july itz amazing lappy no throttling and overheating issue so far

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 91

sherif

Broken In
Proud Owner of Sammy S02
WEI
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 7.6
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.9
Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 7.1
Gaming graphics 1696 MB Total available graphics memory 7.1
Primary hard disk 60GB Free (100GB Total) 5.9

nilede

Right off the assembly line
Most likely the performance have to be compromised even with newer drivers. But this sammy is too sweet a deal. I can't resist it.

arani

whiz kid
just bought the laptop..superawesome!!!! \m/

can anybody tell me where o get the latest nvidia drivers???

cremator

Broken In
Guys just finished playing Arkham city on samsung i7 model.. every 20 minutes or so.. game used to freeze for about 5 seconds.. i played in high performance mode and settings at " very high" ( 2nd most demanding after extreme settings), in AC room with no cooler pad.. so obviously this is evidence of throttling right ?
1) can someone please tell me the various software to be run in order to confirm this?

2)Also , to check the temp. the software is HWMonitor right??

3) what software to use to find out the FPS that we get when playing various games?

4) have any of you guys played arkham city? In what settings and did it run smoothly without any throttling?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before.. i only follow this thread on off and the page count has become too high.. may i suggest that the first post be edited to contain links to list of useful software, drivers etc?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
haha:-D no problems at last!!!!!! I did as demolisher said, in samsung optimized set min cpu to 50 and max 70, played crysis 2 at 1600x900, advanced settings for more than an hour:mrgreen: NO Throttling,
fps 35-45, Max gpu temp 83c, cpu temp 87c...........I tried gaming in high performance, cpu temp reached 96c:-o n gpu 89c, there was visible throttling. so guys try as demolisher said, it will reduce temps and also get rid of throttling:wink:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
dan put ur laptop's specification in your signature :D

@sherif WEI is a crap for benchmark, your lappy is far better than those numbers posted :razz: enjoy it.

Guys just finished playing Arkham city on samsung i7 model.. every 20 minutes or so.. game used to freeze for about 5 seconds.. i played in high performance mode and settings at " very high" ( 2nd most demanding after extreme settings), in AC room with no cooler pad.. so obviously this is evidence of throttling right ?
1) can someone please tell me the various software to be run in order to confirm this?

2)Also , to check the temp. the software is HWMonitor right??

3) what software to use to find out the FPS that we get when playing various games?

4) have any of you guys played arkham city? In what settings and did it run smoothly without any throttling?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before.. i only follow this thread on off and the page count has become too high.. may i suggest that the first post be edited to contain links to list of useful software, drivers etc?

do the procedure as dan did, got to control panel---power options---samsung optimized or choose power save mode---change advanced power settings---processor power management---minimum processor state(change plugged in to 50%)---click on maximum power state---(change plugged in to 70%) voila this beauty changes into beast CREDITS-DEMOLISHER

2) HW monitor
3) fraps
4) sorry, haven't played yet.

Last edited:

dexbg

Journeyman
Good Job - @demolisher48

Guys,, whats a good SSD for this laptop ? .. I'm planning to add a 128gig SSD when I get my hand on it :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys,, whats a good SSD for this laptop ? .. I'm planning to add a 128gig SSD when I get my hand on it :D

Samsung 830 series, top of the line, but a bit costly. Then you always have m4. But both have got seller warranty as both are not officially launched in India. If you want something with Indian warranty, go for Corsair Force GT.

Top Bottom