The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
lol thanks demolisher, played crysis 2 on power save mode, max temp 75 :clap2: :D and fps were still the same, one doubt i downloaded free version of fraps, does it have something like 30 fps, because it shows 30 fps constant while playing at hardcore settings, never drop or go above 30 fps :-?

what a great news :D thats wht we wanted :D the build quality is good!! what you played so far?

playing crysis 2 only, such a nice game :D will try skyrim tommorow...the best thing is sound, OMG perfect...i know you want ur lappy soon :D and i don't know how, as soon as i exit game, within minutes temps come to 52C :D

pratyush997

Inactive
So about the SSD-in-Optical drive can 100% done right .. coz only then will I get the i5 version and upgrade with the SSD ?

Will doing so void my warranty ??

Also will the Optical work from USB though a chassis ?? (as a bonus) :D
:facepalm: It shows that at sata 1 HDD is connected. SATA 2 BD-Rom is connected and SATA 3 is Blank!! So that you can Insert SSD and connect it to SATA 3

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Just realized the i5 version has a 6Cell (48Wh), while the i7 version has 6Cell (56Wh). so the battery life of the i5 and i7 version will be similar.

dexbg

Journeyman
:facepalm: It shows that at sata 1 HDD is connected. SATA 2 BD-Rom is connected and SATA 3 is Blank!! So that you can Insert SSD and connect it to SATA 3

Dudeee.. :)

I''m saying there wont be any space to put the SSD inside the laptop .. It has space for just one 2.5" HDD & one Optical Drive.

So I will need to remove something naa .. :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games

lolss

lol thanks demolisher, played crysis 2 on power save mode, max temp 75 :clap2: :D and fps were still the same, one doubt i downloaded free version of fraps, does it have something like 30 fps, because it shows 30 fps constant while playing at hardcore settings, never drop or go above 30 fps :-?

playing crysis 2 only, such a nice game :D will try skyrim tommorow...the best thing is sound, OMG perfect...i know you want ur lappy soon :D and i don't know how, as soon as i exit game, within minutes temps come to 52C :D

awesome man!! :D i want it damn really soon!!!!! will going to tell the dealer tomorrow!! the laptop speed is damn fast too!! i got a very nice tour on pratyush lappy lol

pratyush997

Inactive
^^ lol Thanks

Dudeee.. :)

I''m saying there wont be any space to put the SSD inside the laptop .. It has space for just one 2.5" HDD & one Optical Drive.

So I will need to remove something naa .. :)
The What do u think samsung has provided 3 SATA Ports??
In which 2 are attached to HDD and ODD and the Third one is blank!!
If there would be no space then whats the godamn use of the Third SATA Port?

dexbg

Journeyman
^^ lol Thanks

The What do u think samsung has provided 3 SATA Ports??
In which 2 are attached to HDD and ODD and the Third one is blank!!
If there would be no space then whats the godamn use of the Third SATA Port?

I hope you're right .. but its just that no one has really opened it up to see the secondary HDD bay .. If i'm not wrong.

It would be great to add the SSD :D

Can somebody confirm the extra HDD bay ??

ujjwal007

Lost in games
I hope you're right .. but its just that no one has really opened it up to see the secondary HDD bay .. If i'm not wrong.

It would be great to add the SSD :D

Can somebody confirm the extra HDD bay ??
lol u should go to samsung and ask them to open the lappy and show u man! pratyush told u many times it has and he showed u too LMAO....

dexbg

Journeyman
Okay.. apologies for the derailing ..

Will upgrading with the SSD void the warranty ? cuz I think the RAM n HDD bays are self-serviceable ?

demolisher48

Journeyman
i did

glad i could help

dx1

Broken In
hi guys i am a prospective buyer but i am a little confused with the throttling issue.

Till now i understand the problem is only with i5 users, i7 people have no problem....Right?
The throttling sets in only when on AC Adaptor (strange!), no problems ON Battery....?

After what time does the problem set in 10min, 15 min, 20 min ?....
What's the view of users is it a Driver problem or a larger hardware problem?

As far as I know throttling occurs either due to faulty power supply or high temperature, this laptop seems to have both of these issues. So I dont think it's a driver problem, it is just my personal opinion so I might be wrong.

any user who like to help...:chinscratch:

nilede

Right off the assembly line
Cheapest online is here. But I have never ordered from this site so can't say about the service.
Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN Laptop (Silver)
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Laptop (Silver)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
any user who like to help...:chinscratch:

hey buddy listen no one here is having exact information why throttling occurs my friend pratyush and many other owners never experienced throttling and temps were on high but they are bearable...laptop remains amazingly cool as ron said ( read some above posts and pages ) it can be build fault too but the build quality is very nice as everyone is saying may be some more resources demanding game causing throttling all are hoping it will get fixed when nvidia release new official drivers! i saw even the inspiron 17r se is having a little throttling too and temps are same around 90c there too!! so dont worry about it much if you play on 1600x 900 on ultra setting it may can happen but better to play on just a little lower resolution most of the users are not having much problems now!! even har and other members never had throttling issues just once or two may be...jbl , display , other specs stand out the crowd !! it is VFM!! EVERYONE AGREE!

Cheapest online is here. But I have never ordered from this site so can't say about the service.
Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN Laptop (Silver)
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Laptop (Silver)

it also quoted there 65w adopter wtf? flipkart, fosila etc everywhere it quoted 65w wtg ???

Top Bottom