The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
can someone exactly tell the issue with this machine?
is throttling really a driver prob. or a design issue related to faulty cooling system?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
can someone exactly tell the issue with this machine?
is throttling really a driver prob. or a design issue related to faulty cooling system?

No one can be sure until and unless a driver update comes. But personally I don't think this would be a driver issue, rather a design issue.

pratyush997

Inactive
The main reason of fps drops must be faulty drivers cuz the pic clearly shows that Bios version is INVALID!!
Pic is in Spoiler!
*img.techpowerup.org/120804/nvidia_20120804_142551.png

ujjwal007

Lost in games
The main reason of fps drops must be faulty drivers cuz the pic clearly shows that Bios version is INVALID!!
Pic is in Spoiler!
*img.techpowerup.org/120804/nvidia_20120804_142551.png

1+ i m thinking ditto wish it was not a design issue oh boy!!

Theodre

In the zone
I too wish it to be a driver issue :( I will get the i5 version in a few days and don't want to hear a disappointing problem before it's in your hand :| :-? :)

Theodre

In the zone
yup buddy :/ me2 but getting i7 ones!!! this is a beaaaaaaaaaasssssssttttttt!

Chose the i5 version because i need a beast at the same time a bit of battery!! Am not into the gaming :D Which is why i chose the i5 ;)

But may play hi-end games after getting this though :D

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Guys , this lap is really awesome.

(comparing to 15r se(my 1st lap): )
Awesome screen :anti reflective,HD+ res,super bright
I will later compare JBL vs SkullCandy (15r se) ..but sub woofer with this one really makes the difference.
Feels lighter to carry n to keep on lap.
Havn't started gaming yet.

Selling my 15R SE (for no loss) and buying this 550p is(as of now) the smartest and VFM deal i ever made. :mrgreen:

Heard there is an upcoming offer of 3 yrs warranty with this lap by near 5th of this month.:razz:

BTW Is win 8 worth it??IS it good ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom