The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

magnet

Youngling
Check in shops on Lamington Road.

Off late i have made couple of visits to lammy and i found out most of the shops are now here just to fool you and loot you.One can buy stuffs from neighboring states cheaper and even after paying octroi and free shipping via blue dart.

Half of the shops fool you and say a very less quote of model which you trying to search.And once you say you'll pay they will give some other model.Similarly like y580 they will give z580.

I believe searching for in individual showroom of hp or samsung is good for getting same model.Though no idea whether prices are low or high.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
^The guy who buy product should be smart enough to troll dealer ...atleast they can't change the midel no. Printed on the boxxx.....

magnet

Youngling
^The guy who buy product should be smart enough to troll dealer ...atleast they can't change the midel no. Printed on the boxxx.....

Problem in mumbai is none of they have boxed on shelves.Once you ask the routine start calling on intercom and then quoting extra on it.Also once the box arrives at their shelve you have to buy even though its dealer mistake.And if one doesnt buy or people who say i want to see the box first to verify specification they simply dont entertain you.

And other lappy only shops quote horrible rates and one can easily make out why not a single customer are there in the shop.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Problem in mumbai is none of they have boxed on shelves.Once you ask the routine start calling on intercom and then quoting extra on it.Also once the box arrives at their shelve you have to buy even though its dealer mistake.And if one doesnt buy or people who say i want to see the box first to verify specification they simply dont entertain you.

And other lappy only shops quote horrible rates and one can easily make out why not a single customer are there in the shop.

True Indeed. Its quite dificult to dodge them their...... chances of fraud are at maximum. That's why I left an idea to chkout Lamington road for this laptop. It is risky there.......!!!

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Since everyone is playing Max Payne 3 I'm asking this, does MP3 support fullscreen for 1366x768 ?
Cuz its running in a smaller window in mine.
Only 1600x900 is running fullscreen
:(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^i think there is some setting in nvidia control panel...its about some scaling option if you want to play it in below native resolution with full screen. there should be some image scaling option.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
In Dx9 it should come on full screen but if in DX11 it comes not, try alt+enter...

alternatively, in the target command line (icon>properties>taget) try to add -fullscreen after a space, this is a force fullscreen mode on all Rockstar games...

For all MP3 players, there is a patch released on 6/6/12 that fixed the aspect ratio(fullscreen) and disable mouse acceleration on choice. You people can apply that too...

Last edited:

shashvataditya123

Right off the assembly line
i have the i7 version.
max payne 3 at 1600x900 resolution...everything "very high" with direct x 10. of course with direct x 10 i don't have the option of tesselation and MSAA. but at the above mentioned settings it gives me a constant fps of above 30. so any sort of lag is never seen ;-)
oh! and max payne 3 is just too ****ing good a game :)

pratyush997

Inactive
^^cool trick will do it when I get mine today evining
edit-

Yo got my sammy w/ bt mouse and hdmi cables@57.5! Sadly couldn't find cooling pad and gta 4

Last edited:

ujjwal007

Lost in games
^^cool trick will do it when I get mine today evining

Yo got my sammy w/ bt mouse and hdmi cables! Sadly couldn't find cooling pad and gta 4

Buddy chck flipkart for those gta 4 is available for just 374 inr and so many nice colling pad are available :) and also for how much u got?? I5 or i7? Congratz :D i will get mine this week :D and post benchmarks for gta. 4 and other games ty :):-D:mrgreen:

pratyush997

Inactive
^^thanks bro...I bought i7 version
edit-
Hi guyzzz in the box its written that the lappy has 2 gddr3 vram ! So can we consider it as ddr5??????

Edit-i got lappy for 57.3k

Last edited:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
In Dx9 it should come on full screen but if in DX11 it comes not, try alt+enter...

alternatively, in the target command line (icon>properties>taget) try to add -fullscreen after a space, this is a force fullscreen mode on all Rockstar games...

For all MP3 players, there is a patch released on 6/6/12 that fixed the aspect ratio(fullscreen) and disable mouse acceleration on choice. You people can apply that too...

Can u post the link?

^^thanks bro...I bought i7 version
edit-
Hi guyzzz in the box its written that the lappy has 2 gddr3 vram ! So can we consider it as ddr5??????

Edit-i got lappy for 57.3k

NO..vram is DDR3 not gddr5..
only dell 17r SE has that.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Err...I have a question. Does this laptop have USB 3? Flipkart only shows 2X USB 2.0 o_O

It has usb 3 ports right?

aarvi

Broken In
Err...I have a question. Does this laptop have USB 3? Flipkart only shows 2X USB 2.0 o_O

It has usb 3 ports right?
it has 2 usb 3.0 ports.....n...2 usn 2.0 ports......and also it is to be noted that flipkart has gone out of stock......:):)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay thanks :)

Planning on buying this actually :D but a bit worried by the temps(though all ivy bridge lappies run hot but still) -_-

Last edited:

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In

Planning on buying this actually :D but a bit worried by the temps(though all ivy bridge lappies run hot but still) -_-

That's exactly what I'm worried about too... Although, going to Nehru Place tomorrow to have a look at it personally. (Also the new vaio S series)

There is not heating issue in the laptop. I played Wicher 2 for 4 hrs with: LED TV (Connected Through HDMI Cable) and XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Attached , still the temp. was under 70C. So i don't fell any heating issue is there.

Otherwise u can buy a Cooing pad If u want .

Cooler Master Notepal X2 - 1.5K
Cooler Master Notepal Infinite - 1.6K
Rates r from SP Road, Bangalore.

Top Bottom