The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

demolisher48

Journeyman
hey i also want to buy this laptop
can anyone tell me where can i buy this in chandigarh or delhi
& also what is cost of the laptop and how is the build quality..
also should i buy a cooling pad

OP
har

har

In the zone
The temps are okay. The new dv6 have been reported to run close to 97 degrees. Ivy bridge is always around 7-8 degrees hotter than sandy bridge :-x. And this is after 2.5hrs intensive gaming. Else for 1 hour or so temps are at 85 degrees.

And the funny thing is the laptop surface is absolutely cool. No temp at the palmrest or anything. Only the vent side is hot.

Ashish247

Journeyman
The temps are okay. The new dv6 have been reported to run close to 97 degrees. Ivy bridge is always around 7-8 degrees hotter than sandy bridge :-x. And this is after 2.5hrs intensive gaming. Else for 1 hour or so temps are at 85 degrees.

And the funny thing is the laptop surface is absolutely cool. No temp at the palmrest or anything. Only the vent side is hot.

Thanx for the info :) The temperatures earlier got me a little worried.:|

Ordered the Vaio lappy but dealer is delaying the lappy day by day. Today he called me to inform me it will take 1 more week :evil: :punch::pullhair:

So i ditched him :machinegun::bandanafighter::sniper:. Told cancel my order:ban:

N now i feel some what good :clap2: i don't know why !!! i think am not up to Sony :wink:, Before reading this thread i have ordered . After reading this thread am regretting my decision everyday but dealer make my way clear .

Now its Samsung time :doublethumb:. So what its my 9th Samsung product.

So friends tell me where i can get i7 one here in Bangalore in Good price?
Today am going to Forum Mall , Koramangala to check the price. Please tell me is there any other dealer who can get me the product in good price.

If any one interested then u can tag along. (My No-9916990301)

OP
har

har

In the zone
Ordered the Vaio lappy but dealer is delaying the lappy day by day. Today he called me to inform me it will take 1 more week :evil: :punch::pullhair:

So i ditched him :machinegun::bandanafighter::sniper:. Told cancel my order:ban:

N now i feel some what good :clap2: i don't know why !!! i think am not up to Sony :wink:, Before reading this thread i have ordered . After reading this thread am regretting my decision everyday but dealer make my way clear .

Today am going to Forum Mall , Koramangala to check the price. Please tell me is there any other dealer who can get me the product in good price.

Great decision :razz:
You wont regret it :-D

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In

Well, the only thing I'm worried about is Sammy's poor screen quality ...that's the only thing that makes me incline towards the Super bright IPS display of the VAIO...and btw according to this thread: Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

GT640le can be easily overclocked to 950mhz :O(bios tweak) and thus performing slightly better then gt650m itself...with the temps remaining under 75 c (3dmark11).

Some users have reported a battery life of 6-6.5 hrs on stamina mode...so that's another thing to consider.

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
^Almost all Vaio GPUs are underclocked, thus having some potential to OC.

Overclocking the core clock from 500mhz to 900mhz while maintaining decent temps can't be considered as having "some" overclocking potential, my good sir.

Edit: Even the memory clock was overclocked from 1000mhz to 1165mhz

cremator

Broken In
Has anyone managed to buy this laptop in Chennai ? Have been trying unsuccessfully to buy but very few dealers have it and they are charging above the going rate..

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
A dealer here is recommending NOT TO GO FOR SAMSUNG..
and get a HP over this beast
Personally, I myself love HP quite a lot. But since HP is ignoring its customers and isnt upto the mark as its competitors are, I dont think there is any more logic of being loyal to it. And in no manner Samsung's product is a "no". Thats absurd.

Can anyone explain me in simple words what is blue ray drives??? >_<
As DVD drives are to DVDs, same goes with Blu-ray drives to blu-ray discs.
Here is what you need

Google is your friend, man.

Ashish247

Journeyman
Does the i7 heat a LOT more than the i5? Is it a cause of concern while gaming?
And is the in-game performance of i5 better or cooler?

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Problems :
1. FIFA 12 crashes if I jump to Windows while playing it.
2. Max Payne 3 does not run in a fullscreen mode in resolutions below 1600x900, although the Fullscreen option is set to on.
3. FIFA 12 ultra - Max temperature reaches 91*C

At 1st I thought the first 2 were due to my BETA Driver, but its not, the default supplied driver is giving me same problems.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Does the i7 heat a LOT more than the i5? Is it a cause of concern while gaming?
And is the in-game performance of i5 better or cooler?

Gaming performance will pretty much be the same. Temp is a bit higher but nothing significant.

Problems :
1. FIFA 12 crashes if I jump to Windows while playing it.
2. Max Payne 3 does not run in a fullscreen mode in resolutions below 1600x900, although the Fullscreen option is set to on.
3. FIFA 12 ultra - Max temperature reaches 91*C

At 1st I thought the first 2 were due to my BETA Driver, but its not, the default supplied driver is giving me same problems.

91*C is normal for ivy bridge laptops. Dont worry :|

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Yooo! Finalized deal w/ a local dealer for this lappy for 58k ......
So is this price good?

Yeah anything below 60k is a good deal but get a cooler along with it.

Gaming performance will pretty much be the same. Temp is a bit higher but nothing significant.

91*C is normal for ivy bridge laptops. Dont worry :|

I'm more worried about the 1st two problems

Top Bottom