The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Guys in the "easy settings option" there's an option called "Battery Life Extender" its description says "sets the Maximum Battery charge Level to 80 % to extend battery Lifetime" any thoughts on this?? So can I switch this On, and Game with AC power while the battery is still in the lap??
This is actually an advance technique of li-ion battery charging, charging up to 80% rapidly, extends battery life and it is set to most good charger of battery especially on high range devices, no connection with gaming by any mode. In brief, please switch it on, may reduce backup time but ensures long battery life.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
ok guys so anyone else wants to buy in a group then message me :D u know the dealer again contacted me...i said i have few friends and ready to buy this laptop :D
what im thinking is if he quoted 48.5 to me for one laptop, then we can sucessfully get atleast three laptops at 45k :p

but he said he don't have any emi option...only credit card and cash is accepted :-?

PM me now...

Ashish247

Journeyman
Sure man.. I am planning to buy from lko.. :-D
Do you have any current quotes from dealers??
Gmail- ravi.obra123@gmail.com

Yep. I talked to 3 dealers. 1 told me @ 58k the second one at 60k and third one didnt have it.
Where are you now? and when are you planning to buy?
and which one?
and I've sent you an invite on gmail.

Guys please stop gaming on battery, its better to play on AC supply, if you care about good life of your precious laptop.

I actually want some clarification on using laptops on battery or ac. What's better? to use on ac or battery? Using the ac supply even when the battery is fully charged is harmful for the battery? Can we use the laptop continuously for 7-8 hrs on ac ?

Funny

Broken In
Guys please stop gaming on battery, its better to play on AC supply, if you care about good life of your precious laptop.

Um.. So do you suggest taking out the battery while gaming on AC power?
Also if I game on AC power for long time, the battery becomes 100% and still keeps on charging. So is it recommended to keep on AC power when battery is 100%?

daksh

Journeyman
Guys my i7 one is here :D:D I got it for 56.7k me and my friend gunnerkanishk bought it together .. Its amazing . I have fifa 12 Max Payne 3 and BF3 with me will install asap and post benchmarks and review . Ill be out of station for 2 days hence after Monday ill post a good review and game benchmarks . Will most probably buy arkham asylum (Completed city on 360) and post its benchmarks too . What software should i use for benchmarking ? And I have made one 500gb partition for data etc and OS partition is 400 gb , should I do anything else ? And ill post pics asap .

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Hey guys, I haven't been following the thread recently, so can any one please tell me what is the power adapter that comes with the i7 version, 90 Watt or 120 Watt?
And Shaggy, can you give details of your purchase as I also plan to but from Eastern Logica, Chandni Chowk. I would like to know the price for which you got it and if any accessories were provided for free (bag, pendrive, headphones, etc.)...

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Guys its available at flipkart for Rs 52778/- overpriced as usual.........flipkart's loosing its charm these days:|

Thats not over-priced. Actually whatever price flipkart quotes, be it offers or cashback, it deals with the MRP printed on the box/case of the items. But in big cities and big dealers, we dont care about the MRP, but there are places where the sellers stick to the MRP without any bargains. And so for those people, flipkart offers are a worth shot.

This is actually an advance technique of li-ion battery charging, charging up to 80% rapidly, extends battery life and it is set to most good charger of battery especially on high range devices, no connection with gaming by any mode. In brief, please switch it on, may reduce backup time but ensures long battery life.

What you mean by rapid charging upto 80% ? Like continuous charging or something like that ?

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Guys my i7 one is here :D:D I got it for 56.7k me and my friend gunnerkanishk bought it together .. Its amazing . I have fifa 12 Max Payne 3 and BF3 with me will install asap and post benchmarks and review . Ill be out of station for 2 days hence after Monday ill post a good review and game benchmarks . Will most probably buy arkham asylum (Completed city on 360) and post its benchmarks too . What software should i use for benchmarking ? And I have made one 500gb partition for data etc and OS partition is 400 gb , should I do anything else ? And ill post pics asap .
Can u just let me know if the charger provided is 120 W or 90 W?

rider

as Kratos
Um.. So do you suggest taking out the battery while gaming on AC power?
Also if I game on AC power for long time, the battery becomes 100% and still keeps on charging. So is it recommended to keep on AC power when battery is 100%?

No, hell no!! Don't take out battery your laptop can be damage by fluctuations.
generally use laptop in battery completely until computer hibernate for general work.
Plug charger till full charging then unplug it. And use power supply while gaming.

Yep. I talked to 3 dealers. 1 told me @ 58k the second one at 60k and third one didnt have it.
Where are you now? and when are you planning to buy?
and which one?
and I've sent you an invite on gmail.

I actually want some clarification on using laptops on battery or ac. What's better? to use on ac or battery? Using the ac supply even when the battery is fully charged is harmful for the battery? Can we use the laptop continuously for 7-8 hrs on ac ?

Follow above quote! And use laptop bindaas!! I use continuously for weeks without turning off even at night. Do you switch off mobile when you are not using? same use laptop like mobile phone, charge only when warning comes up or hibernate.

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Please guys don't ask again and again, read older posts I cleared about this.

Dude YOU don't own the laptop, that's why I was confirming from the owner itself...

And anyway you were wrong...Daksh just said he got a 90W psu with his i7 config "It's 90w only . Specified on the laptop box ."

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys in the "easy settings option" there's an option called "Battery Life Extender" its description says "sets the Maximum Battery charge Level to 80 % to extend battery Lifetime" any thoughts on this?? So can I switch this On, and Game with AC power while the battery is still in the lap??

Doing it extends charge cycle, thus recommended.

rider

as Kratos
Dude YOU don't own the laptop, that's why I was confirming from the owner itself...

And anyway you were wrong...Daksh just said he got a 90W psu with his i7 config "It's 90w only . Specified on the laptop box ."

No, dude I owned a core-i7 laptop and generally all 45W core-i7 comes with 120W power adapters.
if it comes with 90W what is the problem?

Last edited:
Top Bottom