pranavgoel

Broken In
guys have a look at LENOVO Y580 laptop its specs r awesome
i7, 1tb,6gb ram,1080p screen,GTX 660m 2gb ddr5

and all that for 63k
and without a doubt Lenovo is better than samsung in laptops

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Woha it seems all I had to download was the "easy software manager" to install the driver's, Samsung has made a partition with all the driver's in it....:p

@pranavgoel that's Killer specs dude...

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Ok for some very very strange reason I can't upload the pictures.
Here's the Flickr link for all those who want see the snaps.

P1000635 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Got it for 57k
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

partitioning now

Ashish247

Journeyman
Ok for some very very strange reason I can't upload the pictures.
Here's the Flickr link for all those who want see the snaps.

P1000635 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Got it for 57k
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

partitioning now
B-E-A-U-T-Y..!! :-D
You've some photography skills man ..:cool:

sachin73

Broken In
Hey guys, from next month onwards, I will join my college, so will need a laptop.

I have been following laptops from sometime now (more than 6 months to be sure), when I was fixed to buy the Hp dv6 6165tx, but then came the announcement of ivy bridge and came the hp 7010tx, but its reduced gpu was a great turn off (not to mention that I loved its new design), so I was much confused for the two as one has better gpu but older configuration while the other had better configuration but much weaker gpu.

And then I came the Inspiron SE series which made me quite happy and then I started following TDF. Its been a time now since I had been following all the threads and now since my decision time is approaching, I decided to make account here so that I can ask for suggestion from all the geeks around here according to what I need.

So, well there is no doubt that Samsung 550p is a sure buy at the moment, but what I was wondering that should I finally decide on it or wait for any further HP announcements ? Seeing the present market, I dont think HP will sit quietly and again I dont think people will opt for it when there are so much better system like this and dell one around. There is no time limit for butying a laptop but again will the new hp one be worthy of waiting for and is there any chances that they will provide something better or equal to 650M ?

And last question, I personally love backlit keyboards. And I am sure I would be using laptop mainly during night with dim light or no light. So, if I opt for this one, I wont get backlit keys (right ?). So any suggestions for it ?

same question from me hp dv6 7xxx series,sammy 550,dell 15r se or wait for new models oh hp with better graphics...:-?:-?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
guys have a look at LENOVO Y580 laptop its specs r awesome
i7, 1tb,6gb ram,1080p screen,GTX 660m 2gb ddr5

and all that for 63k
and without a doubt Lenovo is better than samsung in laptops

did you look at the US website n say 63k? or did some local dealer quote 63K?

shaggy

B-E-A-U-T-Y..!! :-D
You've some photography skills man ..:cool:

Thank you!!!
:lol::lol:

@Dan : which drivers should I download from the samsung site for a clean install??
there are 20 tyoes of atheros lan drivers!
similarly there are about 5 varieties of each driver!
what do they mean by win32/64 and win 64??

heres the link
Support for NP550P5C
:-?:-?:-?

pratyush997

Inactive
same question from me hp dv6 7xxx series,sammy 550,dell 15r se or wait for new models oh hp with better graphics...:-?:-?
For better grafix Lenovo y580 w/ GTX 660 2GB DDR5 can smoke any other ...Not sure about the price it Should be around 63k as pranavgoel Said

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
And last question, I personally love backlit keyboards. And I am sure I would be using laptop mainly during night with dim light or no light. So, if I opt for this one, I wont get backlit keys (right ?). So any suggestions for it ?

Only Dell, apple & Vaio provide in India AFAIK.

Why can't am able to upload any pics in TD . Can't able to change avatar or upload pics to the threads even after decreasing the size, i have tried in other browsers also(every time its says unable to save). Any idea friends. Sorry for the offtrack question.

Its due to some problems caused while the upgradation of forum to vB 4.2.

how to do a clean install?????
:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Full format with OS install.

shaggy

Thank you!!!

@Dan : which drivers should I download from the samsung site for a clean install??

heres the link
Support for NP550P5C

@dan???

shaggy

3DMARK06 SCORES :

sm2.0 : 6214
HDR/SM3.0 : 6649
CPU Score : 5406

Resolution : 1024x768 (Custom-set, default was 1280x800 but I changed it! :razz:)

AA : none

Driver : 304.79 beta

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Even i am from pune and want to buy this one.
How about putting an order for 2 to get some additional discount?

nice idea :razz: but im going for i5 version :D but if we buy from same shop, you can get i7 version for 55k and me i5 for atleast 46k :razz:
how is your payment mode? mine would be by CASH.

@shaggy awesome pics yaar, have u edited it a little bit in some software? congrats, which version i5 or i7? did you played any game on it? :D

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Thank you!!!

heres the link
Support for NP550P5C

how to do a clean install?????
:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

sorry man was a lil busy, the main reason I wanted to do a clean install was because W7 was installed on a 500GB Partition(C drive), I always like to keep C drive below 200GB n also i like doing clean installs:oops:........
as far as the drivers are concerned even i was confused when I saw many types of drivers.....but don't worry the only software you need to download is "easy software manager" its a 12.33 MB file in the software section of " support for NP550P5C"......

if you're doing a clean install make sure you only format the drive where Windows is installed DO NOT FORMAT the Samsung recovery drive, which is about 22GB...all drivers are stored there ..... basically we just need to reinstall W7 from the given Recovery disc, all drivers can be loaded using "easy software manager" ....I still haven't finished :)

have you done a clean install before??

Last edited:
Top Bottom