The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

gamer0704

Broken In
nice idea :razz: but im going for i5 version :D but if we buy from same shop, you can get i7 version for 55k and me i5 for atleast 46k :razz:
how is your payment mode? mine would be by CASH.

Hey, I am going for i5 too.
I am ok with cash.

if the interest amount is negligible, then can opt for emi.

BTW which shop are you planning?
My office is near ruby hall clinic.

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Ok for some very very strange reason I can't upload the pictures.
Here's the Flickr link for all those who want see the snaps.

P1000635 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Man, those are awesome snaps. I guess flipkart should take few of your photos, they have put such crappy one on their site.

Btw, isnt there Nvidia logo on the right palm rest ? (Or have they changed their logo and I cant recognise it).

What was the MRP of the i7 one, without bargain ?

rider

as Kratos
Man, those are awesome snaps. I guess flipkart should take few of your photos, they have put such crappy one on their site.

Btw, isnt there Nvidia logo on the right palm rest ? (Or have they changed their logo and I cant recognise it).

If you see properly their is a logo of nvidia optimus in the middle.

OP
har

har

In the zone
sorry man was a lil busy, the main reason I wanted to do a clean install was because W7 was installed on a 500GB Partition(C drive), I always like to keep C drive below 200GB n also i like doing clean installs:oops:........
as far as the drivers are concerned even i was confused when I saw many types of drivers.....but don't worry the only software you need to download is "easy software manager" its a 12.33 MB file in the software section of " support for NP550P5C"......

if you're doing a clean install make sure you only format the drive where Windows is installed DO NOT FORMAT the Samsung recovery drive, which is about 22GB...all drivers are stored there ..... basically we just need to reinstall W7 from the given Recovery disc, all drivers can be loaded using "easy software manager" ....I still haven't finished :)

have you done a clean install before??

I didnt have any partitons !! Only a single 950gb space !!

There is only nvidia optimus sticker :-?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I didnt have any partitons !! Only a single 950gb space !!
So did you partition it?? The dealer Bought from partitioned it before I got there but he installed W7 on a 500GB partition and made two other partitions of 225GB each...

pratyush997

Inactive
Ok for some very very strange reason I can't upload the pictures.
Here's the Flickr link for all those who want see the snaps.

P1000635 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Got it for 57k
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

partitioning now
Purely Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
U really got some cool skills

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
@everyone who liked the pics: thank you ! yes flipkart does have crappy pics!
:razz:
@har and @rider : did you see the 3dmarks I posted?
:|
@dan : I have only 1 partition of 900GB !!!
what to do? I really want to do a clean install cuz the booting time is almost a minute
:-?

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyz sorry for offtopic but lenovo y580 also has backlit keyboard and opt. Of 32 gb ssd+1 tb hdd ....though looks average, sammy looks cool
should we have another thread about the lenovo lappy

rider

as Kratos
^^^Link 1
Link 2
Link 3(PDF)
Link 4(Shop online)
Check all out!!!!
I'm seriously impressed with this lappy
:rofl: This is not the indian laptop model.
I know about this laptop earlier, and discussed this couple of times.. I think this will possibly not launch in india, if it does it would be 75k+ for sure as per US MRP.

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@dan : I have only 1 partition of 900GB !!!
what to do? I really want to do a clean install cuz the booting time is almost a minute
:-?
yea 900GB is the default partition...ok this is what I did

1. Insert the Recovery Disc, restart the system and press F12

2. Select Time zone and select "Custom Install ", DO NOT SELECT Recommended Install.

3. Now you'll probably see a 900GB Partition, a 22GB samsung partition, and a 100MB Partition.

4. click on "Drive options (advanced)" there you must format and then delete the 900GB partition. there will be a pop up asking are you sure n all, click ok.

5. Now click "new" and create a partition by entering the size of partition in MB, be sure to multiply by 1024MB. i.e if you want 200GB Partition, Multiply 200 x 1024 =204800 MB

6. Once you've made the partition's click next, Windows 7 will be installed on the "Primary" partition .

Now after windows is setup, just install "easy software manager".

P.S= if you don't have another PC, download and copy "easy software manager" to a pendrive/hardisk beforehand, because you wont be able to connect wifi on the samsung lap without installing intel's wireless driver.

DO NOT Delete the 100MB or 22GB Partition.

oh and windows doesn't allow more than 4-5 Partitions, if you still have unallocated space use "Easeus Partition master"

hope this helps.

Last edited:

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
^^^Post 'em soon!!
Here are they:
*img32.imageshack.us/img32/3416/12072012038.th.jpg
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/9423/12072012041.th.jpg
*img846.imageshack.us/img846/2118/12072012039.th.jpg
*img443.imageshack.us/img443/4662/12072012040.th.jpg
*img685.imageshack.us/img685/4151/12072012042.th.jpg

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^^Link 1
Link 2
Link 3(PDF)
Link 4(Shop online)
Check all out!!!!
I'm seriously impressed with this lappy

yea I saw this lap before I got the Samsung, its there only in the US :-x, n like Rider said it'll probably cost 75K plus if launched in India. for different brands, if we had the choices in configurations as those in the U.S, we'd be spoilt with choices :p....but sadly they ignore us:-(

Use Easus partition manager, it is better option.

but we can't partition a drive that has windows 7 installed in it....right??

abhishekmaha

Broken In
This is the cheapest config of the Y580 that I could find...It's not seen on their US site...So if anybody has any foreign relatives,...:|:|

Enhance your IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 209937U - Dawn Grey: Weekly Deal | Lenovo | (CA)

rider

as Kratos
yea I saw this lap before I got the Samsung, its there only in the US :-x, n like Rider said it'll probably cost 75K plus if launched in India. for different brands, if we had the choices in configurations as those in the U.S, we'd be spoilt with choices :p....but sadly they ignore us:-(

but we can't partition a drive that has windows 7 installed in it....right??

No, you can I partitioned my C: drive to 100GB with this.

This is the cheapest config of the Y580 that I could find...It's not seen on their US site...So if anybody has any foreign relatives,...:|:|

Enhance your IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 209937U - Dawn Grey: Weekly Deal | Lenovo | (CA)

The actual retail price is $1,499 and the online price is $1,299 and they are providing a special coupon till limited offer of $650.00 that makes the price so low of $849.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
No, you can I partitioned my C: drive to 100GB with this.

Yea you're right, but I wanted to do a clean install, so partitioned it that way..:p

btw how many Partitions do you think a 1TB drive needs besides the C drive??

Top Bottom