The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Got my laptop.

One word:Awesome :-D

And I did a veeery stupid thing: I forgot the power adaptor at the dealer :hammer: Its at 95% charge but cant do benchmarks . My dad will pick up the adaptor today so I will get it by 7pm. But still I am an :censored:

Will post pics. Will get up at 2am and do all benchmarks and stuff hopefully :)

Congratulationssss!!!!
:razz:
it cost you 50.5k in total??? Including VAT???
Thats awesome!!!
One question though, does the finishing feel plastic?

rider said:
I ordered my laptop last november coz they were providing around 5k bucks cashback. Instead of 5k cashback they refunded my 54k after weeks. Boycott!! flipkart
I'm not pre-paying flipkart for anything again..
:-x

I don't think i will go with Acer or Asus .
Already checked with Dell as i started a thread with this.
HP Envy 15 Is cool but its i5 processor , i7 was the 2nd Gen, n cost is also near to Sony.
But this Samsung one is the clear winner but only in Gaming aspect other wise like Rider said

vaio model is better for:
weigh just 2.0 kg overall, build quality, display, reliability, quality and brand image.

I think i will pass Samsung this time n go for Sony.

My friends calls my room as Samsung Showroom coz every electronic product i brought is of Samsung. I don't want One more to my Samsung collection.

Thanks all for suggestions.

And thanks a trillion to Rider . U r a life saver man.

Next week i will get my Lappy i will review it soon.

shaggy

HP Envy 15 Is cool but its i5 processor , i7 was the 2nd Gen, n cost is also near to Sony.
But this Samsung one is the clear winner but only in Gaming aspect other wise like Rider said

weigh just 2.0 kg overall, build quality, display, reliability, quality and brand image.

My friends calls my room as Samsung Showroom coz every electronic product i brought is of Samsung. I don't want One more to my Samsung collection.

happy buying then!

rider

as Kratos
The Screen is just superb !!
And absolutely no reflections :) I can work easily even with a tubelight on behind me !!
And 1600*900>>>>>>>>>>>1366*768 :-D

I got it for 50.5 k including mouse,tax etc.

Congrats! har for your new laptop :mrgreen: the screen has 300nit luminescence so very bright, use full brightness in sun. And yes 900p is better but the overall the samsung panel display is more responsible for the quality, it is not only about resolution.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
I don't have GTX 680 yet . Planning to buy.

@ Rider
R u saying if we keep gaming aside then Sony is the batter option ! (Mobility , Display aspects ).

I called my dealer again n he says he don't have the Samsung one, But its available in couple of other showrooms .

So the main question is shall i go with Sony (as gaming is not much of my concern) OR i cancel my order and go with Samsung ?

Plz help this final time friends. :-? :-?

Sony is good for the IPS Panel - of course one of the unique on its kind of display, but also look for 1333MHz ram and 640M LE (LE is 20~25% lower than normal 640M). It is not a VFM in my opinion... So, if you understand teh value of IPS panel display, then only go otherwise, you will think that you are not getting the right one. Everyone has a VFM concept by their own choices, so think 10 times before you buy anything...

rider

as Kratos

Your welcome, arun :cool:

sakii

\m/ \m/
I was also looking for this Lappy in bangalore but wasn't able to find in any showroom except "The Laptop Store" who is quoting around 52k.
Do you know any shop where they have displayed this laptop?

My opinion is to wait till "Binary world" gets this as they sell comparatively cheaper.
I too have been quoted same rate in MP so tht may b due to VAT.

Got my laptop.

One word:Awesome :-D

And I did a veeery stupid thing: I forgot the power adaptor at the dealer :hammer: Its at 95% charge but cant do benchmarks . My dad will pick up the adaptor today so I will get it by 7pm. But still I am an :censored:

Will post pics. Will get up at 2am and do all benchmarks and stuff hopefully :)

U did serious crime :p

The Screen is just superb !!
And absolutely no reflections :) I can work easily even with a tubelight on behind me !!
And 1600*900>>>>>>>>>>>1366*768 :-D

Plz decode 1600*900>>>>>>>>>>>1366*768

OP
har

har

In the zone
Congratulationssss!!!!
:razz:
it cost you 50.5k in total??? Including VAT???
Thats awesome!!!
One question though, does the finishing feel plastic?

:-x

Yep 50.5 k including everything :-D

Yep its plastic all right but the finish is really good. My dad thought it was metallic until he came and touched it. Even on looking close,you think its metal lid :-D

Congrats! har for your new laptop :mrgreen: the screen has 300nit luminescence so very bright, use full brightness in sun. And yes 900p is better but the overall the samsung panel display is more responsible for the quality, it is not only about resolution.

Yeah,screen is just too awesome. And the speakers are just WOW !!

I too have been quoted same rate in MP so tht may b due to VAT.

U did serious crime :p

Plz decode 1600*900>>>>>>>>>>>1366*768

I am an idiot :p I mean who forgets the adaptor. I am just glad I didnt forget the laptop :-D

I mean the screen is much much better than the normal 1366*768 laptops I have used. No glare :razz:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I'm not going to buy a laptop any soon, but i don't know why i'm excited about this machine.
HD+ resolution with a GT650m at sub 50k, so pleasing to hear. Samsung has a clear winner here.

OP
har

har

In the zone
I will post windows experience ratings and stuff when I get the adaptor this night. 3dmark06 by tmrw morning and then its gaming fps and temps tmrw.

BTW I am going to give 100GB for Windows partition. Is that OK ?

rider

as Kratos
I will post windows experience ratings and stuff when I get the adaptor this night. 3dmark06 by tmrw morning and then its gaming fps and temps tmrw.

BTW I am going to give 100GB for Windows partition. Is that OK ?

Yes, 100 GB partition for windows 7 is perfect. Use easeus partition manager.

aarvi

Broken In
hey guys
i'm new to this forum....:)
@har
i'm also looking in to this lappy....but i have to know how good is the jbl 2.1???could you make a video showing off them????it wud be a dealbreaker for me...and many....

OP
har

har

In the zone
Avoid using windows disk manager, it can't make 100 GB partition for C: drive and more than 3 drives.

Thanks. easeuas did it brilliantly.

This laptop is the best even for non gamers !! For one its the best high res matte screen available sub 65k.

And the speaker's--Damn they are a better point even than the screen. They are damn loud and has very good quality. I played the sherlock holmes movie and the sound was a treat. Much better than even external laptop speakers people buy.

Brilliant buy :-D just brilliant :cool::cool:

shaggy

har said:
Thanks. easeuas did it brilliantly.

This laptop is the best even for non gamers !! For one its the best high res matte screen available sub 65k.

Can I swap the 5400rpm hard drive for a 7200 one?
@rider and @har : watsay?

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

I am relieved that the screen is good enough. :-D

Can you please give us the warranty details.
I hear that Samsung gives 2 years international warranty, but my question is that whether it is on-site warranty and does it have accidental coverage??? :-?

And do you happen to remember whether the power adapter was 90 Watt or 120 Watt?

Top Bottom