The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Ashish247

Journeyman
@ har:- you've got blue-ray, HD resolution, 650m all at 50.5k?!?!:shock:
And I inquired about the laptop among the dealers here in Lucknow. Surprizingly they all have it in stock, the price varied from 57-59k(the i7 version). Looks like a pretty good deal.
One more question, It comes with a genuine windows installed?
and are samsung notebooks good, i mean in general, the quality?

OP
har

har

In the zone
Can I swap the 5400rpm hard drive for a 7200 one?
@rider and @har : watsay?

I guess you can. But remember speed will only increase if you get a 1TB 7200rmp not 500gb or 750gb 7200rpm because the high cluster density of 1tb 5400rpm makes it as fast as say a 500gb or 750gb 7200 rpm

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
I guess you can. But remember speed will only increase if you get a 1TB 7200rmp not 500gb or 750gb 7200rpm because the high cluster density of 1tb 5400rpm makes it as fast as say a 500gb or 750gb 7200 rpm
are you absolutely sure about that?:-?
Then there's no need to go for 7200rpm HDD!
:razz:

OP
har

har

In the zone
Yeah compared to 500gb,1TB has a much higher platter density. So speed of 1tb 5400rpm=500 gb 7200rpm while 1tb still provides twice the amt of data storage.

If you really need speed,go SSD :-D

shaggy

har said:
Yeah compared to 500gb,1TB has a much higher platter density. So speed of 1tb 5400rpm=500 gb 7200rpm while 1tb still provides twice the amt of data storage.

If you really need speed,go SSD :-D
Can I get an SSD fitted in this one?

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Even I have the same doubt? Can we fit SSD in this?

I'm still waiting for samsung website to update this notebook

Does Samsung showroom have these laptops?

Yeah its available in the Samsung official exclusive store for laptops at Nehru Place. The i7 model costs about 57k there. :-D

And since the model number has "IN" as the last two digits, it confirms that it has been launched officially in India.

@Har - did you get a backpack too?

rider

as Kratos

Better to call samsung india technical department and ask all about this laptop.

rider

as Kratos
are you absolutely sure about that?:-?
Then there's no need to go for 7200rpm HDD!

There is not much difference is 5400rpm and 7200rpm HDD speed, you would not realise in real life use. Most of the laptops comes with 5400 rpm because it produces less noise. If you want speed better to opt for SSDs.

OP
har

har

In the zone
congrats @ har....enjoy buddy...waiting for benchmarks :p

I am waiting for my adaptor. Only 1.5hr battery remaining :lol:

There is not much difference is 5400rpm and 7200 rpm HDD speed. Most of the laptops comes with 5400 rpm because it produces less noise. If you want speed better to opt for SSDs.

True. My laptop is tooo silent for my liking. Makes me wonder if its actually working :p

shaggy

Then I guessI'll stick with the 5400rpm.
Thanks a tonne.
I have to check out the SSD options tomorrow then. Exactly 3 shops in Chandni Chowk have it now(they just arrived, not on display), which I'm going to survey and bargain tomorrow.
I'm going to buy this on thursday, and yes, the 'bill' has been sanctioned and signed by my mom & dad.
:-D

OP
har

har

In the zone
Guys please suggest some benchmarking and temperature monitoring software.

Then I guessI'll stick with the 5400rpm.
Thanks a tonne.
I have to check out the SSD options tomorrow then. Exactly 3 shops in Chandni Chowk have it now(they just arrived, not on display), which I'm going to survey and bargain tomorrow.
I'm going to buy this on thursday, and yes, the 'bill' has been sanctioned and signed by my mom & dad.
:-D

Hurray !!!!!! Enjoy :-D

ultimategamer

Broken In
Our forum member hpblaze is selling his 15 day used samsung np550p5c-s02in
for 55k on bangalore olx site.

Samsung - core i7,GT650 geforce,8gbRAM,1TB HDD Laptop. - Bangalore - Computers - Hardware - Whitefield

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi folks ...so i'm going to buy thus lappy ....My father agreed but the prob is that where can I get that thing in jaipur,rajasthan? Anyone live there?
I also have option to get a assembled pc!
Should I get pc or lappy......goddamn confused!
Help me
@ har post gaming benchs and is there any throtling issues till now?

arani

whiz kid
@har

congrats on the new laptop..waiting 4 review :)

p.s somebody please tell me the price of the i5 variant in hyderabad

daksh

Journeyman
Please let us know if you got 90 or 120 w adapter . Also please game for over an hour and let us know if it throttles . I read on the forum which reported throttling that it might be due to the fact that 90w adapter was low for the i7 and hence it dint throttle when gaming on battery . What should I do if I get the 90w adapter ? I am buying the i7 one tomorrow or day after . Thanks

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Can I get an SSD fitted in this one?

Surely you can. Any 3rd Gen HM75/76/77 mobo support 6GBps (SATA III) SSDs (and lower also), I brought a HP 2000-2116TU last week and replaced with a SSD and 8GB RAM, it's a beast now, but that depends on your need of what you want from that laptop...

Also the Optical drive can be the holder for the replaced HDD, that means SSD+HDD but that needs proper consultation...
All options are open and according the Samsung laptop, they should be an ease, however, don't do without proper consultation.

Top Bottom