The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Gaming on hot gpu's is nithing new. My old 4870 in my desktop used to hover around 85 to 90 and after a few months it used to reach 110 :eek: and then bsod. It turned out that there was some blockage in ventilation. I changed up and temps came back to normal. Thus i'm worried if same thing happens in this. Its a lappy thus cleaning up wont be easy like a desktop.

Does the samsung has vents on the bottom or side?

OP
har

har

In the zone
Check out the review link above.It explains.

See this thread,even new dv6 heats up like hell.
Dv6t Ivy Bridge Temperatures

I suspect its hp's and samsung's power management that plays foul. Use windows power management.

The samsung user with i5 model is pretty happy. Maybe its the i7 that gets hotter.

I think the temps are normal. You can wait for my review. Only 2 days more :D

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Lets hope my build stays out of manufacturing till then :p come on dell, you can take a few more days. ;)
Push the laapy to limits using crysis on max for an hour and also run the heaven benchmark.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Hey, Germany gets only a 1366x768 even for their i7 models...I really hope Samsung likes India....

Two more days!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::wah:

Not a big problem for me...If I buy Samsung, I get the i5...

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Hahaha, nice. lets see if your lappy gonna cry or come out happy ;)

I checked out the pics. Thank god the vents are on side. If they were on bottom then it would have been unbearable on a lap cuz of temps.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Hahaha, nice. lets see if your lappy gonna cry or come out happy ;)

I checked out the pics. Thank god the vents are on side. If they were on bottom then it would have been unbearable on a lap cuz of temps.

Nothing is gonna happen for heavens sake. Stop scaring people.

The frst post of the following thread will answer everyones question:
NVIDIA GT 650M Benchmarks - Page 5

Good drivers now available for it.

I've pasted the discussion for everyone's benefit. Does that violate forum rules ?

"Originally Posted by Miloy04
Hey Cakefish, thanks for all the good work on the benchmarks that you've done. I'm on the verge of buying the samsung laptop that you've used for these benchmarks and I have a few questions about the gt 650m and i5 3210m:

1. is there any CPU bottlenecking at 1366x768 or lower resolutions that you can detect?
2. does the i5 3210 balance well with the gt 650m? (related to the first question really).
3. How hot does the gt 650m/i5 3210m get during average gaming sessions (of 1-3 hours) ?
4. what is the build quality of the laptop like?"

1) Nope, I haven't. In games, performance always improves when I overclock the GPU, hence the i5-3210M is definitely not bottlenecking the 650M

2) I think so, an i7 for this GPU doesn't make sense unless you need the extra speed for other tasks besides gaming. Only a tiny minority of PC games are CPU dependant. This CPU is definitely powerful enough not to bottleneck the 650M.

3) Absolute max I have recorded is 78 degrees while testing Furmark which is the most intensive application you're gonna find. In actual games it hovers in the high 60's, occasionally hitting 70. The laptop chasis itself stays cool however, during gaming sessions (see below).

4) I'm content with the build quality. I've come from a Sony VAIO E series and I can safely say that this has comparable quality. The fan however, is much quieter and the laptop's keyboard/palmrest stays surprisingly cool during heavy loads. It looks attractive in my opinion (I have the silver one) and has really fantastic speaker system for a laptop with the integrated subwoofer. The keyboard and trackpad are perfect, can't complain about any aspect on this regard, they are responsive, smooth and comfortable to use. Battery life is also far, far superior to my old VAIO, due to more efficient Ivy Bridge/Kepler parts and Optimus.

OP
har

har

In the zone
i7 model has 8gb ram instead of 6gb,i7(duh !!) and a bluray player instead of dvd-rw :razz:

sakii

\m/ \m/
i hd talk wid guy frm samsung who is taking awl bulk orders fr MP. :)

acc. to him two yr warranty offr is a special offr till 31st july and it def. 2gb nvdia 650m.
abt resoultion....he will tell. me xact detail tomm. but he ws sure abt HD display.
Mind it guys.....1yr extra warranty exclude battery....and dere is no complete accidental cover. We cn hv option of renewing warranty at later point of tym.
So I hope... HAR nw u hv to do awl sort of benchmark test evry thng in nxt week.

far

Keep Going!
Hey, I phoned those Compusoft Systems people too....Its in Coimbatore....they said they have no model available and that we can only order online...VAT adds up to 52k and odd...not too much...

@far If you find any supplier in Chennai, please let me know...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

(

sure ...dude...will let you know... i went around few shops today..even samsung autorized dealers dont hv the np550 in stock yet..let alone local shops...but they said they can arrange for it next week....

will see..

abhishekmaha

Broken In
How many days for delivery does it take? I need to book it before the offer runs out...Is anybody buying from Compusoft Systems website or is everybody purchasing directly from the shop?

Thanks for the help, far:-D:-D

sakii

\m/ \m/
i thought. thts available....coz tht person told me....he can get me 1 within 2dys of ordering. Any one wants. in MP. tell me.....may b i can hlp...tomm. i will ask him iff he can get some arrangemnts fr othr states too....but I m not commiting.
will let u knw.....coz 2dys m travelling so no frequent updates :(

abhishekmaha

Broken In
i thought. thts available....coz tht person told me....he can get me 1 within 2dys of ordering. Any one wants. in MP. tell me.....may b i can hlp...tomm. i will ask him iff he can get some arrangemnts fr othr states too....but I m not commiting.
will let u knw.....coz 2dys m travelling so no frequent updates :(

thanks for the help!!:mrgreen:

Top Bottom