The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys if any of you are planning to get 5 series, I'd suggest wait a bit. I think Samsung may launch new series S03 and S04 sometime soon. I found it accidentally.

See here : -
*gyazo.com/03141cc12e011539347431af144f4116.png

To find yourself, go to searchModel and type NP550 in the box and click search.

They haven't updated the website yet with those new models, but these models are in their database. I tried searching on the internet but no info is there about the newer models, so who knows what new features they might include in the newer ones. (I am hoping for a 17 incher and Full HD :) )

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Hi guys,

I have almost zeroed in on buying this laptop either today or tomorrow.
I live in Mumbai.

I was confused between 15r SE and NP550.

Pls can someone answer my following queries:

1. 15r SE comes with an HDMI cable in the package, what abut the NP550?

2. How good is Samsung service as compared to Dell's ?
p.s. by service i meant the support and quality of customer care and warranty related comparisons.

3. The backlit kb in 15r se is another thing thats keeping me from buying NP550 but the 650M in NP550 is keeping me from buying 15r SE !!! Pls Help me.. What do i do? I am stuck in the middle of these two laptops....:lol:

4. Are NP550 drivers and preinstalled apps available in a packaged DVD or in their website? coz, i will b installing W7 Ultimate in it and i will need these drivers

5. How about a comparison of battery life of both the laptops:
i) playing 1080p HD movie 3 hrs long
ii) GTA IV, COD BOps for 2~3 Hrs

I have been researching for almost 2 months now and i am tired... pLs help me guys...:|

look dude this is beast is far better then dell inspiron 15r se if you see the best model of 15se is 62,999 which is giving full hd display but this beast have 1600x 900 display which is the best and jbl speakers and light weight and good looks too and dell after sales servise is best then anyone else...samsung service is not so bad too someone in this thread got replaced the lappy with new one they are good and you can forget about backlit keyboard we can compromise it for 650m and jbl and etc battery life of this beast is amazing 5.5 hours many owners are getting on medium brightness this is a bang for a buck!! you will not satisfied with inspiron 15se for even 63k too this beast you can get for 57 k or 58k top most you will save money too and feel good too :D
this lappy is just facing some temps and throttling issues which will be get fixed soon when nvidia release there official drivers :) :twisted::lol::-D:-D:-D:-o

Guys if any of you are planning to get 5 series, I'd suggest wait a bit. I think Samsung may launch new series S03 and S04 sometime soon. I found it accidentally.

See here : -
*gyazo.com/03141cc12e011539347431af144f4116.png

To find yourself, go to searchModel and type NP550 in the box and click search.

They haven't updated the website yet with those new models, but these models are in their database. I tried searching on the internet but no info is there about the newer models, so who knows what new features they might include in the newer ones. (I am hoping for a 17 incher and Full HD :) )
oh wow great news :D THIS should be having gtx 660 gpu may be lets hope for the best :D :clap2::hyper::hyper::hyper: great news mate :D

hey guys.. look this i called the bsnl customer care 10 mins beforeto change my net plan which is before 256 kbps only i tested 3 times the speed i got all different speed 1 mpbs , 800 kbps , 700 kpbs lol :D they are working i guess :DScreenshot by Lightshot

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if those models are going to exist later, then its a ****ing good news ;) why? we can hope a backlit keyboard or with GTX 660M OR 1.5TB hard disk...don't know but im expecting those two models to be better than there counterparts :D

@ujjwal superb speed ;) and i know what you are going to do with that speed ;)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
if those models are going to exist later, then its a ****ing good news ;) why? we can hope a backlit keyboard or with GTX 660M OR 1.5TB hard disk...don't know but im expecting those two models to be better than there counterparts :D

@ujjwal superb speed ;) and i know what you are going to do with that speed ;)

just searched google for those 2 models S03 AND SO4 not a single post found shocked LOL
dude its only 8 gb @ 4 mbps ( throttle ) and after that 512 kbps :( its a bsnl 900 uld plan i want a better plan lol wants to download some movies and all :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^even i searched it, disappointing results...but im hoping because this is an asian market, so may be India can expect which USA can't ;)

imrock

Broken In
Hey guys, I finally bought the i7 model for 57k with bag!! The salesman there mailed my invoice to get the additional 1 yr warranty as it was the last day:razz:!! But i am a little disappointed by its performance, i mean it takes 10 seconds to open up the webcam app, 6-7 seconds to open manage by right clicking my computer and the overall performance isn't THAT i7 fast, my 6 yr old dual core gave just about similar performance..

I tried removing some bloatware but it didn't help, the experience index is the same 5.9, i want to benchmark it if there is some defect, also the max usb transfer rate i got from my old usb 2.0 hdd was 26-29mbps, i hv had better results with my friends laptop which was a core 2 duo

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^even i searched it, disappointing results...but im hoping because this is an asian market, so may be India can expect which USA can't ;)

Exactly. Aussie S02 version is i7 with Full HD and 17" screen. Hope something like this here too. :)

closertohell

Right off the assembly line
look dude this is beast is far better then dell inspiron 15r se if you see the best model of 15se is 62,999 which is giving full hd display but this beast have 1600x 900 display which is the best and jbl speakers and light weight and good looks too and dell after sales servise is best then anyone else...samsung service is not so bad too someone in this thread got replaced the lappy with new one they are good and you can forget about backlit keyboard we can compromise it for 650m and jbl and etc battery life of this beast is amazing 5.5 hours many owners are getting on medium brightness this is a bang for a buck!! you will not satisfied with inspiron 15se for even 63k too this beast you can get for 57 k or 58k top most you will save money too and feel good too :D
this lappy is just facing some temps and throttling issues which will be get fixed soon when nvidia release there official drivers :) :twisted::lol::-D:-D:-D:-o

Thanks a lot dude!

But what about HDMI cable? Does it come along with this model? I am going for the i5 version of this model and will order it tonight.
pls can u let me know by tonight?

ratul

█████████████████
just searched google for those 2 models S03 AND SO4 not a single post found shocked LOL
dude its only 8 gb @ 4 mbps ( throttle ) and after that 512 kbps :( its a bsnl 900 uld plan i want a better plan lol wants to download some movies and all :)

well, i have took a plan from a local ISP in delhi near my home, ANI Network, whose giving me airtel connection, been using it for past 3 yrs, and now my net speed is 800kbps (100KBps speed on IDM), unlimited, and i am just paying 600rs per month, previous month, my usage has reached above 100GB (lots of movies and softwares in july), and still i am getting full speed, no FUP in my case.. :p
And he uses some peering for some torrents, so for some torrents i even get 300-400KBps download speed).. :D
Still remember when i started with 128kbps connection 3 yrs ago for same cost... :cry:

Last edited:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
If you can find it locally then why would you wait for around 4 or 5 days to get it from flipkart. Although Flipkart is awesome and they have never let me down, I'd suggest to try to get it from a local shop. If some problem arises then you'd know who's collar to grab ;)

sandy2kr12

Broken In
If you can find it locally then why would you wait for around 4 or 5 days to get it from flipkart. Although Flipkart is awesome and they have never let me down, I'd suggest to try to get it from a local shop. If some problem arises then you'd know who's collar to grab ;)

im from mangalore and i have searched every dealer but couldn't find the np550 model so..flipkart might be the last option left

flipkart provides 65 W AC Adapter is that the right one all others have got ???

ujjwal007

Lost in games
well, i have took a plan from a local ISP in delhi near my home, ANI Network, whose giving me airtel connection, been using it for past 3 yrs, and now my net speed is 800kbps (100KBps speed on IDM), unlimited, and i am just paying 600rs per month, previous month, my usage has reached above 100GB (lots of movies and softwares in july), and still i am getting full speed, no FUP in my case.. :p
And he uses some peering for some torrents, so for some torrents i even get 300-400KBps download speed).. :D
Still remember when i started with 128kbps connection 3 yrs ago for same cost... :cry:

great buddy :D :D you live in delhi you have more advantage because so many local isp services are there tikona , sify and many more they are just amazing you know i live in gwalior hardly there will be any service available instead of these big companies airtel, bsnl , idea, reliance , tata and thats all :( i cant find anything here tikona is in mp but only in jabulpur, bhopal , indore why not gwalior :( it gives 2 mbps unlimited no fup for under 1000rs :shock::shock: i m just pissed i dont have any other option i hate airtel they are *******s i have there service before 2 year i got billed 4000 rs per month when i was out of the town not even touched my net i never paid that bill anyways LOL having bsnl its good we can say :) not bad... satisfied :lol: when i got any problem with net i know someone there so my work done in a day :D otherwise its service is sucks :/ because its a govt company :D i promised to get 4 mbps for 8 gb let see :) wish i could get damn local isp here is some cities like hyd there is an awesome service i think it gives 4 mbps no fup for around 1500 which is damn awesome :-D:-D:-D

Top Bottom