The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
hey dan4u i had almost made my mind on buying sammy i5 version..but the last reply's of urs had made me totally worried..is the lagging problem occurs in low resolution also..because i dont mind palying mp3 or other latest games in bit low resolution..??

I tried playing mp3 at 1366x768, medium settings, even then fps dropped after 15-20 mins...n after that it dropped every few minutes...very irritating:-x....but it seems there are user's who aren't facing any issues, like har n shaggy...so I don't know, maybe a certain batch has problems

demolisher48

Journeyman
I tried playing mp3 at 1366x768, medium settings, even then fps dropped after 15-20 mins...n after that it dropped every few minutes...very irritating:-x....but it seems there are user's who aren't facing any issues, like har n shaggy...so I don't know, maybe a certain batch has problems

hey dan buddy i found a solution mate played alan wake for 2 hrs straight without throttling now trying dead space2 on 1600x900 high settings hope it works

very beautiful graphics

pratyush997

Inactive
^^ idk, I asked them if it could be a problem with the adapter, but they said that's unlikely.....I guess a faulty PSU could be the reason, or else I find no reason why fps should drop only when plugged in...n also like I said earlier this is my second np550, both had the same problem.....games like nfs hp, hawx 2 worked fine (even when plugged in), its was only the demanding one's (mp3, gta iv, bf3) that had issues.....
So for i7 :-It should be just psu fault!!
cuz games like GTA iv,MP3,Skyrim requires more cpu power than NFS,etc..
and 90W psu is a way to less for 45W i7 and charging battery simultaneously ..........Donno know abt i5

dx1

Broken In
i guess all of u having this issue should inform the CC (global one's)...u can expect such issues to be resolved in the next BIOS, driver updates....

dan4u

Took Off!!!
So for i7 :-It should be just psu fault!!
cuz games like GTA iv,MP3,Skyrim requires more cpu power than NFS,etc..
and 90W psu is a way to less for 45W i7 and charging battery simultaneously ..........Donno know abt i5

90w is pretty standard I guess, cc told me 90w is more than enough. and look, if you have "occasional fps drops" i.e in an hour of demanding games, fps drops 2-3 times then you're fine......else if you have "constant fps drops", i.e in an hour of demanding games, fps drops after 15-20 mins and then it keeps on dropping every few minutes, then you have a problem.

n guys there is a new BIOS version, the old one is P03AAA n new one is P04AAA....I think it the new BIOS helped reduce temp a bit, but not the throttling when plugged-in:-x

demolisher48

Journeyman
hey dan you try it too in the time being..
step 1: go to control panel
step2 : go to power options
step 3:tick on samsung optimized
step 4:change plan settings then change advanced power setting
step 5:click on processor power management & then minimum processor state
step 6:adjust the plugged in to 50% or 60% i did 50
step7:go to maximum processor state plugged in 70% or 60%
use this profile & run games on normal mode no turbo
just try & tell me if it works for you too dan

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ lol, mines with the cc, so I can't check if it works....dude try GTA IV or mp3 if possible n let us know.......this method was told by someone else in this thread, I tried it n set min 50% n max 90%, but it didn't work....maybe if it were 70 it would've worked....dunno

demolisher48

Journeyman
i have neither of them but alan wake is very demanding too earlier it worked on them can you post link for the new bios?

wheres the new bios?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
i have neither of them but alan wake is very demanding too earlier it worked on them can you post link for the new bios?

wheres the new bios?

its there in samsung support website, under firmware, download the bios updater and run it, it will automatically search for new BIOS version, and you can choose to install or not.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

same here. I played NFS HP 2010,in starting it gives 60fps,but when temp reach 80c(just after 15-20mins) the frames drop down to 43-48fps but only for few secs,like 5secs then again 55-60fps,but the frames keep falling down after every 6-7mins. and i could easily the lag/stutter.

closertohell

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I have almost zeroed in on buying this laptop either today or tomorrow.
I live in Mumbai.

I was confused between 15r SE and NP550.

Pls can someone answer my following queries:

1. 15r SE comes with an HDMI cable in the package, what abut the NP550?

2. How good is Samsung service as compared to Dell's ?
p.s. by service i meant the support and quality of customer care and warranty related comparisons.

3. The backlit kb in 15r se is another thing thats keeping me from buying NP550 but the 650M in NP550 is keeping me from buying 15r SE !!! Pls Help me.. What do i do? I am stuck in the middle of these two laptops....:lol:

4. Are NP550 drivers and preinstalled apps available in a packaged DVD or in their website? coz, i will b installing W7 Ultimate in it and i will need these drivers

5. How about a comparison of battery life of both the laptops:
i) playing 1080p HD movie 3 hrs long
ii) GTA IV, COD BOps for 2~3 Hrs

I have been researching for almost 2 months now and i am tired... pLs help me guys...:|

Top Bottom