The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

demolisher48

Journeyman
means all the users are having throttling issues?? pls clarify.
even so i think i am gonna go for it..

5-5.5 hrs :-D

Yesterday I played almost 2 hrs of assasins creed 2 at full settings at 60fps on BATTERY !!!
How is that even possible. I thought it was plugged in but I didnt switch on the plug !! So after 2 hrs the laptop went into hibernation and its then I realised. Shouldnt the fps be dropping on battery or something ?

:mrgreen:

well where is he saying that he got lag?
and i think if you experience throttling play using battery not adapter.

sj2202

Broken In
Hello everyone,I am really interested in buying this laptop(i7) version but the current "Throttling" issue is making me wary. :-?

I looked around a bit about this problem and I may have found something.

If you see the notebookcheck review of the Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE

Review Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

(I know its not the same model but the specifications and the issues are the same),
under the headings "Temperature" and "Energy Consumption", it is mentioned that the throttling issue may be due to the presence of the weak 90W PSU.

I guess everyone here has the 90W PSU.

Another thing that got my attention was that on the samsung india website,

NP550P5C-S02IN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

Under the "Power" heading,there are 2 PSU's present-120W(i7) and 90W(i5).
But I dont think that anyone got the 120W PSU. :-?
So if we use the 120W PSU,will it make a difference?.. :|

demolisher48

Journeyman
Hello everyone,I am really interested in buying this laptop(i7) version but the current "Throttling" issue is making me wary. :-?

I looked around a bit about this problem and I may have found something.

If you see the notebookcheck review of the Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE

Review Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

(I know its not the same model but the specifications and the issues are the same),
under the headings "Temperature" and "Energy Consumption", it is mentioned that the throttling issue may be due to the presence of the weak 90W PSU.

I guess everyone here has the 90W PSU.

Another thing that got my attention was that on the samsung india website,

NP550P5C-S02IN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

Under the "Power" heading,there are 2 PSU's present-120W(i7) and 90W(i5).
But I dont think that anyone got the 120W PSU. :-?
So if we use the 120W PSU,will it make a difference?.. :|

i am also planning to buy this laptop corei5 version. & i told that already so they can try running it on battery
& the throttling is due to cpu not gpu i think

pratyush997

Inactive
If we play on battery ..it will be seriously affected!!! resulting in increasing wear levels..
where can I get 120W???
How many are facing this issues?

sj2202

Broken In
i am also planning to buy this laptop corei5 version. & i told that already so they can try running it on battery
& the throttling is due to cpu not gpu i think

I am really confused out here.
I want to buy the laptop and that too before 31st july(to get the 2 year warranty).
But I know I should wait and let this get solved first. :-?

demolisher48

Journeyman
I am really confused out here.
I want to buy the laptop and that too before 31st july(to get the 2 year warranty).
But I know I should wait and let this get solved first. :-?

same thing goes for me but the dealer here is just giving 1 year warranty :(
but my colg will start again from august so i want to buy it in july... dont worry just go for it.

If we play on battery ..it will be seriously affected!!! resulting in increasing wear levels..
where can I get 120W???
How many are facing this issues?

well i am just saying to try it so you can check if there's any fps drop then we might know the cause

moreover issues in other laptops with similar problems were later corrected by updating the bios.so it will be handled later

abhishekmaha

Broken In
har did not experience any lag while playing on battery...none of the users have had any problems like that...har mentioned this problem only later...i dont have time to finf the post

daksh

Journeyman
Oh dear antisocialbrat, your antics are very antisocial . I have faced no problems with my i7 sammy too . None whatsoever without cooling pad. ALL laptops with gt650m are heating up , its not a samsung issue , is it too hard for you to understand ? When a 2500$ MBP heats up , whats this 1000$ laptop ? Let Nvidia release proper drivers then see. And nobody has experienced over 90degs . Dv6 goes to 100 . :| Throttling happening at 90+ is a driver issue as nvidia hasnt released any other drivers for this other than beta. Doesnt dells i7 go over 80 degs? Oh or is it not stretched enough coz of its gpu and screen res .

With U3(Just received) no load temps are around 38-40 . Will play MP3 after dinner and let you all know .

demolisher48

Journeyman
just found a solution which you all can try nVidia 8600m GT Downclocking Fix - YouTube

i found a solution you all can try nVidia 8600m GT Downclocking Fix - YouTube

trader007

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

Buying the Core i7 version of this Laptop in Mumbai. MRP is Rs.62990. Way more expensive than other Cities in India.

Anyways , getting it for Rs.60k. Delivery tomorrow.

This is by far the BEST VALUE in the Market considering Specs.

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Oh dear antisocialbrat, your antics are very antisocial . I have faced no problems with my i7 sammy too . None whatsoever without cooling pad. ALL laptops with gt650m are heating up , its not a samsung issue , is it too hard for you to understand ? When a 2500$ MBP heats up , whats this 1000$ laptop ? Let Nvidia release proper drivers then see. And nobody has experienced over 90degs . Dv6 goes to 100 . :| Throttling happening at 90+ is a driver issue as nvidia hasnt released any other drivers for this other than beta. Doesnt dells i7 go over 80 degs? Oh or is it not stretched enough coz of its gpu and screen res .

With U3(Just received) no load temps are around 38-40 . Will play MP3 after dinner and let you all know .

Let bygones be bygones.

The guy is probably still weeping at home thinking about why he didn't wait longer before buying the 15R SE thread. :lol:

No issues here either. And I've seen temps around 90 on the 15R too posted by some users here. And that system can't even run games at max settings.

Honestly dude, you aren't needed here to spam this thread with your crap.

So please if you will, piss off. :-x

Top Bottom