The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
ok guys, I played NFS-Hot pursuit for an hour yesterday, the fraps reading I got is Frames: 278 - Time: 5257ms - Avg: 52.882 - Min: 59 - Max: 61

the fps dropped to 19fps on two occasions but it came back up in a few seconds, to sum it up nfs was smooth. The Max temp reading for cpu was 87c and for gpu 90c.

Now coming to max payne, played for nearly 2 hrs, it was smooth for about 30-35mins then the frame drops started again, in GPU-Z I had clicked on the log to file, from the log file what I understood is that every time the gpu temp reaches 89-90 it clocks down itself i.e from 950.2 to 465 and then when temp goes down it goes back up to 950.2......I'll have to try out a few more games to make sure its not a gpu overheat problem.

ankeshdave

Game On !!
ok guys, I played NFS-Hot pursuit for an hour yesterday, the fraps reading I got is Frames: 278 - Time: 5257ms - Avg: 52.882 - Min: 59 - Max: 61

the fps dropped to 19fps on two occasions but it came back up in a few seconds, to sum it up nfs was smooth. The Max temp reading for cpu was 87c and for gpu 90c.

Now coming to max payne, played for nearly 2 hrs, it was smooth for about 30-35mins then the frame drops started again, in GPU-Z I had clicked on the log to file, from the log file what I understood is that every time the gpu temp reaches 89-90 it clocks down itself i.e from 950.2 to 465 and then when temp goes down it goes back up to 950.2......I'll have to try out a few more games to make sure its not a gpu overheat problem.

These numbers are when you were using Maxed out settings on Max Pyne 3 and using the cooling Pad right ???:confused: :neutral:

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
These numbers are when you were using Maxed out settings on Max Pyne 3 and using the cooling Pad right ???:confused: :neutral:

yep on High settings( not very High), the cooling pad reduced the temp by about 2-3 degrees, and its not reasonable to expect to play max payne3 in all high settings, its one of the most demanding games out there, and that too at 900p. I'll try out a few other demanding and less demanding games like crysis and hawx 2, will post results then.

demolisher48

Journeyman
the throttling might be because of adapter or the bios..... & you can also use a program called throttlestop. also try to set your lappy to performance mode maybe
& is everybody with core i5 having this problem as i am also buying this

sakii

\m/ \m/
Is this because you did a clean install of Windows 7?

^^ Tell me wht this throttling problem has to do with Clean windows copy.....Its overheating of hardware or improper ventilation system issue AFAIK.

yep on High settings( not very High), the cooling pad reduced the temp by about 2-3 degrees, and its not reasonable to expect to play max payne3 in all high settings, its one of the most demanding games out there, and that too at 900p. I'll try out a few other demanding and less demanding games like crysis and hawx 2, will post results then.

90C isnt mindboggling....!!!

Bro....u played 1-2 yr old game and facing this issue...on GT650M (which we r purchasing to be able to run current games without hiccup nd even upcoming games.... Isn'nt it heart breaking thing.

YUP....plz do it soon.
I hv tried to search for this issue...and finding were like....it was reported sammy laptop r facing this issue in diff. countries too CHECK THIS THREAD. 1 guy got his motherboard replaced.
Not only samsung but GT650M users are facing throttling issue.

the throttling might be because of adapter or the bios..... & you can also use a program called throttlestop. also try to set your lappy to performance mode maybe
& is everybody with core i5 having this problem as i am also buying this

THROTTLESTOP is not giving desired result .... some users in different forum used but no satisfying result.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Is this because you did a clean install of Windows 7?

nope, I don't think that can be the issue, I installed all the drivers and also installed the beta driver for the 650M, I thought it might be because of the beta driver, so uninstalled it and installed the stock driver again.

pratyush997

Inactive
not just by samsung but many laptops with powerful gpu face this problem..

Dafaq When I bought HP pavilion Tx 1000----It died due to Overheating,Worst ventilation and gpu problem manufactured by nVidia!!!!Even macbooks were affected !!!
nVidia refunded 2000$ to anyone who had the problem...So called nVidia settlement!
and in this case too!!
Maybe poor ventilation and Who will be responsible for this overheating???

demolisher48

Journeyman
Dafaq When I bought HP pavilion Tx 1000----It died due to Overheating,Worst ventilation and gpu problem manufactured by nVidia!!!!Even macbooks were affected !!!
nVidia refunded 2000$ to anyone who had the problem...So called nVidia settlement!
and in this case too!!

maybe later drivers may solve the issue
lets see if i will have this problem too

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
The issue is on the samsung is a combination of cpu and gpu placing structure problem and also added for turboboost that is causing the problem. I minimized one i5 this model yesterday by applying the power settings but it is just minimized not fixed. The VGA driver can't recognize GT650M as a 'GT650M' and thus not applying the right power management.

I suggest all 'to be owners' to wait a bit till it is not get solved. Kind of built and proper driver problem i think. For all owners as of now, It will get fixed by couple of weeks, don't panic please, it will not solve any problem...

ankeshdave

Game On !!
and in this case too!!

I hardly think they will refund that in india ... max to max a replacement but that too will not solve the problem

^^ Tell me wht this throttling problem has to do with Clean windows copy.....Its overheating of hardware or improper ventilation system issue AFAIK.

90C isnt mindboggling....!!!

Bro....u played 1-2 yr old game and facing this issue...on GT650M (which we r purchasing to be able to run current games without hiccup nd even upcoming games.... Isn'nt it heart breaking thing.

YUP....plz do it soon.
I hv tried to search for this issue...and finding were like....it was reported sammy laptop r facing this issue in diff. countries too CHECK THIS THREAD. 1 guy got his motherboard replaced.
Not only samsung but GT650M users are facing throttling issue.

THROTTLESTOP is not giving desired result .... some users in different forum used but no satisfying result.

Yup i read that other thread i thing most of them are facing this problem one of them even got a replacement from samsung (relaced the MoBo). The issue is even with 1-2 year old games (though playing time is longer).

I found the link for Samsung Np550p5c-S01INon samsung website there is Bios (March release) drivers (12th july release) visible

Did samsung made a Boo-Boo with this ???

Feeling skeptical about the this now :sealed::punch::pullhair:

Last edited:

sakii

\m/ \m/
The issue is on the samsung is a combination of cpu and gpu placing structure problem and also added for turboboost that is causing the problem. I minimized one i5 this model yesterday by applying the power settings but it is just minimized not fixed. The VGA driver can't recognize GT650M as a 'GT650M' and thus not applying the right power management.

I suggest all 'to be owners' to wait a bit till it is not get solved. Kind of built and proper driver problem i think. For all owners as of now, It will get fixed by couple of weeks, don't panic please, it will not solve any problem...

Yup....need not to panic...!!!
I have read too tht...its placing structure issue...with CPU getting hot in turbo mode...making GPU hot too.... ( simple placing issue). Soiff this is a big issue...warranty wil be helpful anyway.

May b samsung if not having a proper solution can call back laptop to fix or refund ( refund is hardest possiblity in INDIA).

But calling CC will be no harm yaar....do tht..let thm know ur issue.

Problem is for me >> As I have to buy a laptop (hightime now) I am locked onto this i5 version. Deeply I knw I wont be getting loads of tym to play games but I will game for sure. Mostly it will be web surfing and movies. Should I go for it or not. This weekend PUNE is the place for me.

PS: where r tech expert lyk rider during such scene :-o

Top Bottom