The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Ashish247

Journeyman
@ashish247 --Jbl 3 speakers,bd-rom-default 1080 panel.

U think this config is inferior....
Hmmm.. already edited the speaker and cd/dvd/bd take out the screen as well.... and the price difference increased from 5-7k to 6-9k (someone posted 67k). Still I am no hardcore gamer.. all new games will run fine on sammy.. wont they?

Okay, 3DMark 11 performance of GTX 660 is 2330. That is just 10% better than GT 650M.

As I said 10-12%.:)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Yea, that lenovo laptop is a real gaming laptop as it is of GTX (extreme) series not GT series of multimedia laptop.

yep know that, GT 650M is the highest model in the multimedia/gaming series n GTX 660M is the starting model in the Ultimate/extreme series.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Hmmm.. already edited the speaker and cd/dvd/bd take out the screen as well.... and the price difference increased from 5-7k to 6-9k (someone posted 67k). Still I am no hardcore gamer.. all new games will run fine on sammy.. wont they?

As I said 10-12%.:)

The difference between gtx660m and gt650m isnt very large. Go for samsung if you want to save a few bucks. lenevo for hardcore gaming.

Ashish247

Journeyman
The difference between gtx660m and gt650m isnt very large. Go for samsung if you want to save a few bucks. lenevo for hardcore gaming.

I think I will :). I have had bitter experiences with Lenovo customer service. Don't know about Samsung guys but their cellphone service was quite good :p

dan4u

Took Off!!!
btw @har n @shaggy and others who got the 550p, what battery backup are you getting.....yesterday, in power saver mode, with wifi on, brightness 50%.....even after 2hrs 30 min i had 50-55 % battery left :shock:....I'm guessing it'll give 5 hrs under normal usage.....that's way better than my old dv6 lap....

rider

as Kratos
Gtx series was meant for gaming. But all gtx are not better than all Gt. I agree its better but I don't see a hiatus between the two.

It is because GT 650M is the most powerful model of geforce GT series, and just this year they have two models with so less difference.
67k is still too much for just little better gaming experience. Whats the price of base model of lenovo with GTX 660M.

btw @har n @shaggy and others who got the 550p, what battery backup are you getting.....yesterday, in power saver mode, with wifi on, brightness 50%.....even after 2hrs 30 min i had 50-55 % battery left :shock:....I'm guessing it'll give 5 hrs under normal usage.....that's way better than my old dv6 lap....

What was the model number of your last dv6 model?

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Just called up a few shops @ Nehru Place( including the Official Lenovo store) regarding the availability of Lenovo Y580, and it seems they have no freakin' idea about it... The only model they know of is Z580, which I think is the 'Indian' version of Y580 :lol:

(Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z580 (59-339355) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
had a conversation with a local dealer he quoted 48.5k for I5 version of samsung :D i guess if i purchase 2 laptops with a friend...i got here..he also wants this laptop and he his from pune too :D then we can easily get it for 46k :D awesome deal na :razz:

rider

as Kratos
had a conversation with a local dealer he quoted 48.5k for I5 version of samsung :D i guess if i purchase 2 laptops with a friend...i got here..he also wants this laptop and he his from pune too :D then we can easily get it for 46k :D awesome deal na :razz:

superb deal!! go grab it little chicken.

Just called up a few shops @ Nehru Place( including the Official Lenovo store) regarding the availability of Lenovo Y580, and it seems they have no freakin' idea about it... The only model they know of is Z580, which I think is the 'Indian' version of Y580 :lol:

(Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z580 (59-339355) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook)

If the model is not available in nehru place, that truly means it is not available in anywhere in india. As I can see the Z580 cost is 65.5k with GT 630M, I don't think GTX 660M is available for 67k.

So is the lanovo lappy good for long run!!
again stuck b/w this 2.

The new Y580 laptop is not even available in nehru place, may be you shopkeeper is confused about this model, Z580 is available in that price range.

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
So know I've got to decide b/w Sony Vaio SVS15116GN (78k) and Samsung NP550 (57k).

According to a Sony Vaio S series Owners' lounge thread, vaio's battery life is a meager 2.45-3 hrs...Can anyone please confirm Sammy's (i7) battery life (normal use with wlan/low brightness)???

Top Bottom