The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ShyamS

Broken In
It's Fan Airflow you need to look. The more you have the more good. I have NotePal Infinite EVO (Sliver/Black) - Cooler Master it have 120 CFM the double of what X3 have since EVO has 2 fans. My VIAO used to shut down due to over heat after getting this cooling pad it controls the heat.

Ashish247

Journeyman
It's Fan Airflow you need to look. The more you have the more good. I have NotePal Infinite EVO (Sliver/Black) - Cooler Master it have 120 CFM the double of what X3 have since EVO has 2 fans. My VIAO used to shut down due to over heat after getting this cooling pad it controls the heat.
I think x3 will be better as it is suited to the airflow in np550p i.e. cool air in from below and hot air out from sides. Infinite evo, from that link, shows hot air flows underneath the laptop which will not suit np550p as it needs cool air from below.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
@pratyush: be gentle bro. When your laptop will come back?
Could Anyone suggest me a laptop cleaning kit with price? Can I use that to clean my mobile screen?

I got this - Buy HP Cleaning Kit For Computer ND200PA
It can be used to clean any type of screens, TV, Laptop, Mobiles etc.

-----------------

BTW How come Notepal U3 isn't even listed at coolermaster.in(Indian site of Coolermaster)?

pratyush997

Inactive
^^But it works ri8 opposite.. :p

I got this - Buy HP Cleaning Kit For Computer ND200PA
It can be used to clean any type of screens, TV, Laptop, Mobiles etc.

-----------------

BTW How come Notepal U3 isn't even listed at coolermaster.in(Indian site of Coolermaster)?
U3 is way tooooo big for 15"er...u2 fits perfectly.. :wink:

I think x3 will be better as it is suited to the airflow in np550p i.e. cool air in from below and hot air out from sides. Infinite evo, from that link, shows hot air flows underneath the laptop which will not suit np550p as it needs cool air from below.
Whatsoever..lappy got rule to pull air from bottom and throw from either side or back(AFAIK in Gaming lappies)..and all cooling pads throws air to bottom of lappy ...

Evo is "Mother of cooling pads"

drkrack

Broken In
is this a dead pixel ??
Forget the arrow, it is pointing wrongly...
look at white spot near 4 o clock position in screen

I need help...

dead pixl.jpgdead pixl2.jpg

somebodysme

Journeyman
I am going to buy 550P i7 version this week, which cooler I should get.
U3, U2, X3, X2 I am pretty confused.

ShyamS

Broken In

It's not just that mate the base is aluminum so it aborts the heat and the fan keep the base cool. My lap never cross 43 :)

daksh

Journeyman
It's a very common lcd defect and can happen to anyone. Don't worry. First try rubbing the pixel with a warm handkerchief gently.
If it doesn't bother you or can't be seen during normal use then just ignore it.

drkrack

Broken In
It's a very common lcd defect and can happen to anyone. Don't worry. First try rubbing the pixel with a warm handkerchief gently.
If it doesn't bother you or can't be seen during normal use then just ignore it.

Okay
It does bother me
After seeing it, it's difficult to ignore.
Should I ask for a replacement for the screen?
How long i will have to live without laptop?
It's a excellent laptop otherwise...
I'm simply loving it...

sj2202

Broken In
Whatsoever..lappy got rule to pull air from bottom and throw from either side or back(AFAIK in Gaming lappies)..and all cooling pads throws air to bottom of lappy ...

All cooling pads do not throw air to the bottom of lappy pratyush.
You should seriously read the previous article which I told you to read. Tip: Buying a laptop cooler? Make sure you get the proper type! | dotTech
It clearly says that "If you happen to use the wrong type of cooler for your laptop, the cooler is actually hurting your laptop instead of helping it because obviously it is interfering with the cooling mechanism built into the notebook."

Or you can read this wikipedia link Laptop cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Read the second paragraph under active coolers.

P.S-Please don't get hyper on reading this.Try and understand what I am saying.I may be completely wrong(about U2) but I may be right too(in general).

EDIT:- I was wrong about U2,It blows cool air to the bottom.
Got confused due to the image posted on coolermaster.in. :oops:

The image showed that the hot air is sucked in,but it is actually showing the "Aluminum finish surface that allows fast and efficient heat dissipation"
See here(scroll towards bottom and see the image under product highlights) *www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Configurable-R9-NBC-8PBK-GP/dp/B002NU5V4A

Sorry for any inconvinience.

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^ I'm using the notepal X2 it works fine, the U2 has adjustable fans i.e you can keep the fans anywhere along the body of the cooler, the X2 and U2 are Coolers that push air towards the bottom of laptop, the np550 exhausts air from the side.

alpha34

Broken In
Ya.... I got u2 and I placed one fan at bottom ie where air is sucked in and other at hard disk area cuz it heats up lot..... Thanks for the cooler pad link guys it really helps in getting clear picture of how cooling pad works :D
And guys I played bf3 under high settings for 30 min and cpu temp were 85 and gpu was 82 is it normal temp for this Game :confused:

sj2202

Broken In
^ I'm using the notepal X2 it works fine, the U2 has adjustable fans i.e you can keep the fans anywhere along the body of the cooler, the X2 and U2 are Coolers that push air towards the bottom of laptop, the np550 exhausts air from the side.

Ya....I came to know about that recently.
Got confused due to the image present here NotePal U2 - Cooler Master
BTW....how much temp. difference are you getting? :)

Top Bottom