The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

a bit better dafaq they replacing mobo n ram ..later if issue ain't solves ...will kick his ass

Dear pratyush997,

Pl. give me contact number of Samsung Service Centre in Lamington Road, Mumbai.
I want to visit Service Centre to replace my Lappy's LED screen as it's having bright white spot on screen.

... Thanks & Regards

Last edited:
Can anyone give me contact number of Samsung Service Centre in Lamington Road, Mumbai ?
I want to visit Service Centre to replace my Lappy's LED screen as it's having bright white spot on screen.

... Thanks & Regards

pratyush997

Inactive
Dear pratyush997,

Pl. give me contact number of Samsung Service Centre in Lamington Road, Mumbai.

... Thanks & Regards
No Name Contact/Address Phone/Fax
1 Express Digital System Navyug niwas,shop no.6,167-Limington road,opp.minerwa cinema,Grant road(E) (P) 30308282
2 Samsung Service Plaza SHOP NO 8 & 9, A1 KHIRA NAGAR,OPP.,BATA SHOWROOM,S.V.ROAD,SANTACRUZ (P) 66772000,66772001/11,9867570534
3 Classic Systems B-2/ F7-8,Ist Floor,Lokmanya Tilak Market,,Sec-1,Vashi,Opp. Apna Bazar (P) 30308282
and here <<was it difficult
Try here too

Dear pratyush997,
Thanks for reply.
Tired of contacting them. Nobody is lifting the calls.
I found Samsung's support is very bad when compared to HP.
I decided to visit personally.

Thanks & Regards

Harshith_22

Right off the assembly line
i brought this lappy on 13th aug...everything was fine with the screen....and nw around 13 pixels are dead in the middle of the screen....its really annoying because i do a lot of progremming nd those pixels are really irrtating:evil:.....So can i get the Display replaced?????...nd the lappy otherwise is brilliant...:razz:

Ashish247

Journeyman
i brought this lappy on 13th aug...everything was fine with the screen....and nw around 13 pixels are dead in the middle of the screen....its really annoying because i do a lot of progremming nd those pixels are really irrtating:evil:.....So can i get the Display replaced?????...nd the lappy otherwise is brilliant...:razz:

This may help
I find it very ironical that Samsung, one of the brands renowned for manufacturing LCDs, has issues with screens in laptops. This is the 3rd incident i guess.

Last edited:

xpert007

Broken In
Buy U2 , I made the mistake of buying U3 and it doesnt fit .

does u2 gets fit to 15.6" lappy or iit is small. is it made for 14" laptops or it works fine with 15.6"

how much temp. decrease u noticed during using it with samsung np550p5c i5 version.....while using u3 how come u3 doesnot fit ??

pratyush997

Inactive
does u2 gets fit to 15.6" lappy or iit is small. is it made for 14" laptops or it works fine with 15.6"

how much temp. decrease u noticed during using it with samsung np550p5c i5 version.....while using u3 how come u3 doesnot fit ??
U2 fits perfectly.. bro.

ankan

Broken In
Some benchmarks comparing the laptop with my desktop PC.

desktop (intel core 2 quad @3GHz, nvidia 9800GT 512 MB):
--------------------------------------------------------
1. 3Dmark vantage, resolution: 1280x1024,
P-mode settings:
GPU score: 5292
CPU Score: 11479
Overall score: P6116

same res, X-mode settings:
GPU score: 3872

2. Unigine Heaven benchmark, DX10 mode, 1280x800:
4X AA: fps 23.7, score: 596
No AA: fps 35.1, score: 883

3. Stalker CoP benchmark (DX10 mode, 1280x1024 resolution, HDAO, ultra, everything else set to max):

Benchmark NoAA 2XAA 4xAA
Day: 35 15.7 6.3
Night: 33.2 15.0 5.9
Rain: 34.8 15.5 6.2
Sunshafts: 16.8 10.3 5.1

Laptop (NP550P5C-S01/i5 version):
---------------------------------
1. 3Dmark vantage, resolution: 1600x900,
P-mode settings:
GPU score: 7299
CPU Score: 10060

same res, X-mode settings:
GPU score: 5993 @ stock clocks
GPU score: 6421 @ memory overcloced to 1050MHz

2. Unigine Heaven benchmark, DX10 mode, 1280x800:
4X AA: fps 34.5, score: 869
No AA: fps 43.4, score: 1094
Note: although the fps was more, the Unigine benchmark felt more jerky on Laptop. Likely a driver bug.

3. Stalker CoP benchmark (DX10 mode, 1600x900 resolution, HDAO, ultra, everything else set to max):

Benchmark NoAA 2XAA 4xAA
Day: 45.6 24.9 13.1
Night: 41.7 23.1 11.8
Rain: 43.8 23.9 12.5
Sunshafts: 25.4 16.9 10.4

Conclusions:
- In all the benchmarks I ran, the GK107 based GT650M is signicantly faster than G92 based 9800GT
- The gap increases with Antialiasing turned on which is amazing!

Due to ddr3 memory GT650M should actually perform worse at high AA/resolution settings because
9800GT has exactly twice the memory bandwidth as GT650M.
Both use DDR3 memory @900Mhz but 9800GT has 256 bit wide memory bus vs 128 bit wide for GT650M.

benchmarks I ran can be downloaded from:
download from Guru3D.com

ShyamS

Broken In
Just finished installing Windows 8 on this laptop. Everything is working just great .. Just had to download the few drivers from Sammy's site

sj2202

Broken In

I have said it a few times earlier and I'll say it again.
U2 is not suitable for this laptop at all!!
The laptop has its vents on the side,which means that it pulls the cool air from the bottom and blows hot air from the side.
And if you see the pics on coolermaster.in page NotePal U2 - Cooler Master
You'll come to know that U2 does quite the opposite.
Instead of blowing cool air to the bottom of the laptop,it tries to suck hot air from within,which is useless in this case as there are no vents at the bottom!!
That is the reason why U2 does not perform as it should.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

pratyush997

Inactive
I have said it a few times earlier and I'll say it again.
U2 is not suitable for this laptop at all!!
The laptop has its vents on the side,which means that it pulls the cool air from the bottom and blows hot air from the side.
And if you see the pics on coolermaster.in page NotePal U2 - Cooler Master
You'll come to know that U2 does quite the opposite.
Instead of blowing cool air to the bottom of the laptop,it tries to suck hot air from within,which is useless in this case as there are no vents at the bottom!!
That is the reason why U2 does not perform as it should.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
afaik Cooling pad throws air to the bottom of lappy so does U2...it faqin throws air, not pulls air lol

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush: be gentle bro. When your laptop will come back?
Could Anyone suggest me a laptop cleaning kit with price? Can I use that to clean my mobile screen?

sj2202

Broken In
Hi bro u :crazy: .....afaik Cooling pad throws air to the bottom of lappy so does U2...it faqin throws air, not pulls air lol

hahaha...no I am not crazy.
And you should better research for yourself before you speak. :)
Tip: Buying a laptop cooler? Make sure you get the proper type! | dotTech

pratyush997

Inactive
hahaha...no I am not crazy.
And you should better research for yourself before you speak. :)
Tip: Buying a laptop cooler? Make sure you get the proper type! | dotTech
Sorry for being rude.. :oops: And this cas eof this lappy...hot air blows out from left side and cool air is took in from bottom...and u2 throws air to front i.e to the bottom of lappy..I have u2 ..and it does same.. :wink:

@pratyush: be gentle bro. When your laptop will come back?
Could Anyone suggest me a laptop cleaning kit with price? Can I use that to clean my mobile screen?
Yup u can use it to clean mobile screen
*www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A1%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A3276&rt=nc&_nkw=laptop+cleaning+kit&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

sj2202

Broken In
Sorry for being rude.. :oops: And this cas eof this lappy...hot air blows out from left side and cool air is took in from bottom...and u2 throws air to front i.e to the bottom of lappy..I have u2 ..and it does same.. :wink:
Don't worry....it "faqin" happens sometimes... :lol: :wink:

Ok...you may be right....I am just saying after I saw this link....better check it out.....it's the second pic in the bottom row.
NotePal U2 - Cooler Master

drkrack

Broken In
As per the the article this should be the best laptop cooler for 550p

*www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=6714&category_id=16

:confused::confused::confused:

Top Bottom