The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Hey guys i bought the i7 version of this laptop 5 days ago. I am having serious throttling problem in BF3 and Arkham city at full settings whether it's on power supply or not. This beast is able to run BF3 butter smooth on ultra until throttling starts after the first 10 min. I have tried underclocking cpu to 65% but its of no use. I am using the updated beta drivers for the gpu. Does anyone have a solution? Is a cooling pad helpful at all?

P.S- I think the people who are not reporting any throttling are not playing demanding games at ultra settings because my laptop never throttles while playing FIFA 12.
I played bf3, and faced no throttling. Don't put every setting on ultra (remember this is a laptop, not a gaming rig), use auto configure graphics in bf3.......

arani

whiz kid
sorry if this has been answered before but how do i check the battery wear level and set the battery charge level to 80% ?

for battery wear level, use the CPUID-HWMonitor software. And for setting the max battery level to 80%, press fn+F1 to open the Easy Settings > General > Battery Life Extender > ON

vipulgreattt

Broken In
HI guyz ....are guest Sammy owners registering in TDF just to solve their Throttling issues??

he come here after 5 days of purchasing laptop just to solve the throttling problem :rofl:

:shock: So what? Isnt that the purpose of a forum. New people join it for different reasons, and also give their inputs and thought on products. Why question new arrivals then ??:???:

@ tv1993.. Yes throttling problem is an issue with demanding games at high settings. There are may be a few exceptions.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
RON i used U2 cooling pad. I m worried abt battery wear level too.
strange thing is tht there is sound frm dvd drive whn strt using any application or aftr booting up laptop (not during booting up)

@pratyush >> dude u r ryt. But if thts a intense multimedia laptop thn too heating shuld b addressed....as of there are many intense graphic applications too. Heating and getting a 50C reading while normal browsing is not OK acc. to me.

Wht shuld I do for battery....already set max charge lvl to 80% and switch turbo mode only while gaming..... infact its showing wear lvl only aftr I set it to max 80% as I hv used it for gaming few days bck too.....god knows why is it happening ryt now. Wht shuld b remedies to it. ??

BTW i have not faced any FPS drop till today.
Same thing happened with me twice, that sound was from optical drive i guess...my battery wear level went to 16% but now again it came to 0% thanks to pratyush :razz: and 55C during normal browsing is normal. don't worry about it. i don't use turbo mode...i changed CPU max to 60% and play skyrim at 30-45fps :)

tv1993

Broken In
I played bf3, and faced no throttling. Don't put every setting on ultra (remember this is a laptop, not a gaming rig), use auto configure graphics in bf3.......

Hey i turned of anti-aliasing and put anti-aliasing post to low. this didn't affect the graphics quality at all and it finally stopped throttling. I also updated the intel chipset driver from samsung website so that might have helped.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
sorry 4 being such a noob. for a clean install all that is needed is the dvd that came wd the laptop ryt?

yes insert the dvd, boot up your laptop and start installation. and after installing fresh, delete windows.old folder from C-DRIVE. :)

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Guys, I have been busy with college lately, so I was not able to follow the thread.
I got my laptop (the one with the i7 processor) a week ago, but I did not have time to test it. :-(
Now that I tried playing FIFA 12 for almost an hour at 1600X900 and high settings I received FPS ranging from 80 to 140 in normal operation. I was kind of surprised as I thought that the maximum FPS should be 60 to match with the monitor refresh rate. I tried to configure Vsync, but could not find any mention of it in the NVIDIA control panel.
But the main problem is that after every 15-20 minutes the FPS would drop to 20-25 FPS :cry: for 10-15 seconds and then again go back up, even though the maximum CPU temperature was only about 85*C and GPU was about 70*C.
Another thing that I found that every time I tried top resume FIFA 12 from minimized condition, it crashed!! This problem does not occur in my desktop and my friends laptops, so I am pretty certain that its an issue with my laptop itself. :-?
What should I do about these problems?
Are any new drivers out yet?
What is the version of NVIDIA drivers that you guys are using? :|
Another thing that I noticed that the blacks appear to be quite grayish, so is the any way to increase the screen contrast (not brightness), and can any of you say exactly which USB port is powered?
Thanks guys... :)

sriman

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys, Purchased the NP550P5C-S02IN model last evening at Spencers Plaza in Chennai, Solid Laptop!

But while setting up the machine I noticed that in the Bios settings, the Purchased Date is strangely mentioned as 26-6-12. On probing further, the Samsung Easy support center bloatware also gave me the same information under the system information tab. I'm pretty confused now.. Am I being taken for a ride by the seller? coz the laptop is not even a day old. Or is this normal? Please Help!:-(

demolisher48

Journeyman
Lenovo Z Series Z580 59-339355 or Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN... which 1 to buy??...both available below 60k... specs-wise samsung is better but reading the thread...n abt the problems of heating...i am confused...
P.s- i play games for arnd 3-4 hours daily..

well what a coincidence i have samsung np550p5c and my roomie has lenovo z580. both are really nice.. Z580 remains cool unlike samsung. the screen is glossy in 580 which i prefer much than matte coz the color looks good

sorry 4 being such a noob. for a clean install all that is needed is the dvd that came wd the laptop ryt?

yes thats a win7 dvd so thats all needed after that use the recovery option to install drivers

abd the thing is that my gpu is throttling at 85c not cpu.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Guys, I have been busy with college lately, so I was not able to follow the thread.
I got my laptop (the one with the i7 processor) a week ago, but I did not have time to test it. :-(
Now that I tried playing FIFA 12 for almost an hour at 1600X900 and high settings I received FPS ranging from 80 to 140 in normal operation. I was kind of surprised as I thought that the maximum FPS should be 60 to match with the monitor refresh rate. I tried to configure Vsync, but could not find any mention of it in the NVIDIA control panel.
But the main problem is that after every 15-20 minutes the FPS would drop to 20-25 FPS :cry: for 10-15 seconds and then again go back up, even though the maximum CPU temperature was only about 85*C and GPU was about 70*C.
Another thing that I found that every time I tried top resume FIFA 12 from minimized condition, it crashed!! This problem does not occur in my desktop and my friends laptops, so I am pretty certain that its an issue with my laptop itself. :-?
What should I do about these problems?
Are any new drivers out yet?
What is the version of NVIDIA drivers that you guys are using? :|
Another thing that I noticed that the blacks appear to be quite grayish, so is the any way to increase the screen contrast (not brightness), and can any of you say exactly which USB port is powered?
Thanks guys... :)

that crash problem is with game itself....i listened from many friends when they minimize it and when try to open it crashes

:shock: So what? Isnt that the purpose of a forum. New people join it for different reasons, and also give their inputs and thought on products. Why question new arrivals then ??:???:

@ tv1993.. Yes throttling problem is an issue with demanding games at high settings. There are may be a few exceptions.

its no problem man i m just saying! :razz:

avj

Broken In
Hi Guys, Purchased the NP550P5C-S02IN model last evening at Spencers Plaza in Chennai, Solid Laptop!

But while setting up the machine I noticed that in the Bios settings, the Purchased Date is strangely mentioned as 26-6-12. On probing further, the Samsung Easy support center bloatware also gave me the same information under the system information tab. I'm pretty confused now.. Am I being taken for a ride by the seller? coz the laptop is not even a day old. Or is this normal? Please Help!:-(

most probably could be a used one. Or did u enter this date by mistake when u first turned it on??

pratyush997

Inactive

What the FAQ???..was the box when u bought sealed or not??

hi to All Sammy owners Join this group ......
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN/S01IN Notebook Owners!!

Top Bottom