the Samsung Galaxy R discussion/troubleshooting thread

red dragon

Master troll
Sorry, I just checked the phone holding power button for long. After holding for 7seconds, it switched off and still holding the button, it switched on.

So now found out that the pressure on power buttons for 7 sec will switch off and again switch on by itself as the button is still being pressed. :lol:
I THINK, THIS IS THE RESTART PROBLEM FACING BY SGR OWNERS.

No!
It is normal. GS2 switches off after pressing the power button after 10 seconds.
It is actually pretty cool feature.
You do not need battery pull after every hang or crash.
Nowadays almost every phone does this.
Lumia in 10 seconds, 4s in 15 seconds.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon

Master troll
Why do you want to upload it?
You were not having SOD right?
You were unable to find the recovery md5 image.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon

Master troll
With root explorer go to /system,misc.
Search for a folder called init.d,copy the content and upload that only.
It is a few KB file only.

BE CAREFUL...Do not mess around with any file in the system folder,unless you are absolutely sure.

Sent from Galaxy S2

sivakbio

Right off the assembly line
i had bought this phone 2 weeks ago and i am new to android too...i had been trying to connect phone through wifi for internet( bsnl teracom type II adsl modem).what i experienced was wifi connects and i can see the network and it shows 58 mbps linkspeed. when i try to browse the internet i am unable to do it.please give me some suggestion or settings for successful connection...thanks in advance

sumansherlock

Broken In
i had bought this phone 2 weeks ago and i am new to android too...i had been trying to connect phone through wifi for internet( bsnl teracom type II adsl modem).what i experienced was wifi connects and i can see the network and it shows 58 mbps linkspeed. when i try to browse the internet i am unable to do it.please give me some suggestion or settings for successful connection...thanks in advance

Hope this will help you
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONxggaH6tmc

Google

Pratik

My samsung galxy r GT-I9103, powers off by its own(this action repeats many times).
this is not any battery low power off as it shows this even in half battery.............
anybody please solve this for me......

my phone is month old and this auto switch off wierdness has happened thrice. Even I am finding the reason for the same.

The is one more hardware defect i found. Its related to earphone pin.Here is what i experience in my phone:
The earpiece connector once inserted remains damn tight. And sometimes when we remove that, the ear speaker of the phone remains inactive (which ideally shouldn't happen). To solve this i have to reinsert the connector and take it out back or have to restart the phone.
Sometimes even by just rotating the (inserted) earpiece jack changes the volume of the media (but this is very rare).

Does anyone of you seen trace of this kind of defect in your phone ? kindly confirm...

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
my phone is month old and this auto switch off wierdness has happened thrice. Even I am finding the reason for the same.

The is one more hardware defect i found. Its related to earphone pin.Here is what i experience in my phone:
The earpiece connector once inserted remains damn tight. And sometimes when we remove that, the ear speaker of the phone remains inactive (which ideally shouldn't happen). To solve this i have to reinsert the connector and take it out back or have to restart the phone.
Sometimes even by just rotating the (inserted) earpiece jack changes the volume of the media (but this is very rare).

Does anyone of you seen trace of this kind of defect in your phone ? kindly confirm...

My phone is 36 days old and at the begining even I faced similar problems, phone switches off & restarts by its own. This was happening when I put phone in the pouch and the pouch in the trousers. May be due to bending or walking, the on-off button presses for 7-8 sec and it will switch on and off. You also please Experiment by holding on/off button for 7-8 sec and it will switch off. But still holding the button continiously will switch on. Now I am not facing this problem.

On putting the earphone, 2-3 times, I was not able to talk when calls received. But the people on the otherside can listen me. This is because, even after we remove earphone, the phone assumes it is still plugged. This problem solve by putting earphone and removing several times and this problem is not there for me. You also please try putting earphone and removing gently. If the problem still persisting visit Samsung service center.

turn off data. if ads still appear, then you can't do anything. those are part of apps. nothing rooting can do here.

Even if we turn off the data, the ads will appear. They are preinstalled and we have to live with it......

rahil

Facing the deep sleep problem, the mobile just refuse to come out of the stand by mode. The screen only activates on removing the battery and putting it back in and switching on the set. In the begining it happenned at random about 3 to 4 times a day. Later it became a routine & now the screen refuses to switch on. Swipe to open works and the buttons below the screen illuminate but the screen refuses to work.
Have shown it on two occasions to the service centre but they have return it on both times saying that there is no problem at it behaves well at that time.
Any help available or any suggestions?

sudeshkjain

@ santa maria
This seems the problem in my galaxy R also. Yesterday I listened music by plugging galaxy r earphone and then removed it. Today I got a call from my friend but I am unable to hear his sound. I corrected this problem by rebooting the device.

How to solve this problem?

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
@ sudeshkjain: My phone had this problem initially. Actually when you plug in the earphone and then remove, the phone still thinks that the ear phone is still hanging. The other caller can hear our voice but we cannot hear them.

In that case, just plug in the earphone and remove 2-3 times gently and the phone again becomes normal. No my phone does not have this problem.

@Rahil: Deep sleep is common in SGR, mine had this problem initially and now it is not there. (though last week, when morning alarm rang, the phone was in deep sleep) In case if you face this problem, just press the on/off button for 8-9 seconds until the phone restarts. Hope this problem will go as the phone ages.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Does anyone else have this problem?:

When I pull out the earphones while the phone's screen is off, the phone doesn't seem to register it. So if I unlock the screen then make/receive a phone call, you can't hear anything in the ear-speaker thingy... you have to enable the loud speaker .

To fix this, either I have to put in the earphones again while the screen is on, then pull it out while screen is still on. (or restart the phone)

Odd eh?
my friend tells about this exact same problem with his Galaxy R.

His phone also suddenly hangs every other time, the touch buttons or home button won't work, he has to press power button to make it work again. It happened 4 to 5 times a day.
When he uninstalled AVG Anti-virus, the problem had suddenly disappeared and having no problems with hanging now.

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
Short term ownership details: It is exactly 89 days since I own Galaxy R and it is performing like a charm.

Earlier, when I bought this phone on 31/12/2011, I faced deep sleep for 5-6times and when removed ear phone, was not able to hear calls for 2 times. Then the phone was restarting itself for about 5-6times. But since Feb'12, the phone does not have any kinda problems. :)

My SGR got 12 google play applications running, few on 8GB SD Card. The battery can hold juice for a day with good amount of browsing, music and calls.

The most impressive is that I can watch 1020p HD clips through MX Video player. Plugging a pendrive and watching movies is a great option.

Internet browser Opera has saved my time and data aswell, its terrible fast on GPRS/EDGE.

SGR owners, Please do share your experience/performance with your mobile.

Top Bottom