the Samsung Galaxy R discussion/troubleshooting thread

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
hi all! can anyone tell me how to access the messaging (Text message) )options on my new Galaxy R? specifically how to see the Drafts folder and where to find it? i am newly shifted from java based phones- nokia and i am unfamiliar with android and samsung..... i have acccidentally saved something in drafts i think because a messge thread shows as "Draft" in red...even though i did not intentionally save anything, how to rectify this?
Thanks for the help people
just delete the text in the message box

mafzalr

Right off the assembly line
My samsung galxy r GT-I9103, powers off by its own(this action repeats many times).
this is not any battery low power off as it shows this even in half battery.............
anybody please solve this for me......

red dragon

Master troll
It is sleep of death(sod)

Usually kernel dependent.

Does the phone restarts on itself? Or just doesn't wake up after screen lock?
Are you using Dolphin hd browser?
If yes, uninstall it, see if things improve.
Please keep this topic updated, this thing is interesting.
Are you guys on stock kernel and stock voltage?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything on stock. Actually after installing Dolphin HD hasn't seen this problem yet. Phone doesn't restart, I had to do a battery reset to bring it back.

red dragon

Master troll
Strange.. I had some restarts with dolphin on GS2.
Asked the devs, but they could not help as I could not reproduce it and could not provide them with a logcat..

But they told me some users were having this.

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
It is sleep of death(sod)

Usually kernel dependent.

Does the phone restarts on itself? Or just doesn't wake up after screen lock?
Are you using Dolphin hd browser?
If yes, uninstall it, see if things improve.
Please keep this topic updated, this thing is interesting.
Are you guys on stock kernel and stock voltage?
its does not wake after screen lock.
ya was using it have uninstalled it lets see if there are any changes

red dragon

Master troll
Pldase do report back.
If possible upload the stock kernel somewhere or gimme a xda link for the stock kernel.
Will look for a faulty script.
May get an SGR for a small review soon:)

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
which casing are you people using

Pldase do report back.
If possible upload the stock kernel somewhere or gimme a xda link for the stock kernel.
Will look for a faulty script.
May get an SGR for a small review soon:)
took a backup with clockwork but m not able find it any where on device :(

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Does anyone else have this problem?:

When I pull out the earphones while the phone's screen is off, the phone doesn't seem to register it. So if I unlock the screen then make/receive a phone call, you can't hear anything in the ear-speaker thingy... you have to enable the loud speaker .

To fix this, either I have to put in the earphones again while the screen is on, then pull it out while screen is still on. (or restart the phone)

Odd eh?

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR

When I pull out the earphones while the phone's screen is off, the phone doesn't seem to register it. So if I unlock the screen then make/receive a phone call, you can't hear anything in the ear-speaker thingy... you have to enable the loud speaker .

To fix this, either I have to put in the earphones again while the screen is on, then pull it out while screen is still on. (or restart the phone)

Odd eh?
ya i had encountered this problem once on default earphone provided by samsung
but never on my Skullcandy

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO

Odd eh?

Yes ! same thing happened for me 3 times. When I pull out earphone, the phone still belives that earphone is attached to the phone. When anyone calls, the voice will not come through phone's calling speaker. But when I put back ear phone, we can hear them in headphone. Again if I pull the earphone everything will become normal.:confused:

Another prob is that whenever I put my phone in a pouch and keep in the trouser pocket and do things like wearing shoes etc. the phone will restart itself:banghead:

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
Yes ! same thing happened for me 3 times. When I pull out earphone, the phone still belives that earphone is attached to the phone. When anyone calls, the voice will not come through phone's calling speaker. But when I put back ear phone, we can hear them in headphone. Again if I pull the earphone everything will become normal.:confused:

Another prob is that whenever I put my phone in a pouch and keep in the trouser pocket and do things like wearing shoes etc. the phone will restart itself:banghead:
maybe the power button gets pressed

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
But is you press the power button for long, it shows phone options and does not switch off !

oh ya that too
i face this problem once but that time i had put pressure on the phone

Sorry, I just checked the phone holding power button for long. After holding for 7seconds, it switched off and still holding the button, it switched on.

So now found out that the pressure on power buttons for 7 sec will switch off and again switch on by itself as the button is still being pressed. :lol:
I THINK, THIS IS THE RESTART PROBLEM FACING BY SGR OWNERS.

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
Sorry, I just checked the phone holding power button for long. After holding for 7seconds, it switched off and still holding the button, it switched on.

So now found out that the pressure on power buttons for 7 sec will switch off and again switch on by itself as the button is still being pressed. :lol:
I THINK, THIS IS THE RESTART PROBLEM FACING BY SGR OWNERS.
no such thing in my phone

What the F
Samsung Galaxy R is discontinued, so says Samsung outlets

Top Bottom