The RPG Thread.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I was talking about repairing stuff to be specific. After playing fallout and elder scrolls series its hard to no repair game

Piyush

Lanaya
Well I was talking about repairing stuff to be specific. After playing fallout and elder scrolls series its hard to no repair game
S:SOC didnt have the repair system
but the 2 games after that had the required thing
also each adn every major mod included this feature as without repairing stuff, it was damn difficult to survive in the zone
^^You can repair ins Stalker Clear Sky and Pripyat AFAIR.

yup

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obsidian started Kickstarter of their next game, titled Project Eternity (I hope the name is not a pun ;)):-

Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment — Kickstarter

Those who are fond of old school RPG can get the game as an early bird for only 20usd. But beware, estimated delivery time is April 2014 and you have 31 days to ponder over.

Elsewhere, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition got delayed till November 30. Good thing is that the pre-purchase benefit will probably run longer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dungeon Gate : this is newly released RPG game :
Dungeon Gate - Wild Games Studio « Dungeon Gate – Wild Games Studio

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can't say which game's rip off is Dungeon Gate but the description of this game looks nice .. so if it can get some good review it's going to be on my try and play list.

The main selling point behind Dungeon Gate is the player’s ability to drain and duplicate the DNA of any NPC they meet, be it a mighty ogre, a terrifying lich, or a simple chicken

Players step into the role of a young man named Dysan who, as mentioned earlier, possesses the unique ability to steal and copy the DNA of any creature he meets. Shape-shifting into different forms gives Dysan access to a variety of different attacks and spells and he can use these abilities not only in combat but also in puzzle-solving as well. Wild Games Studios also hints that shape-shifting into certain forms could drastically alter how the game’s story plays out

Sounds great to me ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
If implemented well game would be good or it would be more of a mess than good game. Some creatures highly overpowered and some very underpowered.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Anyway, you guys played NetHack or its GL version Falcon's Eye. A really hardcore text based RPG, but really interesting.

Downloads : NetHack - Falcon's Eye

Info : Falcon's Eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit : Just came to know that an updated version called Vulture's Eye (renamed to Vulture) is available : *www.darkarts.co.za/vulture

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
never heard of this game but just look at the recommended system specs of the NetHack :

Recommended:
- Pentium 90 or better processor
- Windows 95 or higher
- DirectX-compatible video card capable of at least
1024x768 resolution in 256 colors
- mouse
- DirectX-compatible sound card with General MIDI support
for music
- 16 Mb memory
- 12 Mb disk space

at 5.6MiB it's small indeed but needs some getting used to with the interface.

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy I don't know if I would play this game or not. Kinda different I must say. Can't say whether in positive manner or negetive.

Top Bottom