The RPG Thread.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think for RPG age doesn't matter much, unless you are looking for shiny graphics. Anyway, Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate is on its way. And there's also talks of Baldur's Gate III.

Alok

Adventurer
^^ currently playing Witcher 2 but,
you know i still play Diablo II and LOD.
Last playthrough :last night:-D
man i'm addicted to it.and no, not a recent addiction , its a long and continuous duration.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Witcher 2 and Fable 1 best RPG i played.Witcher 2..i dont like some things..Like you cant jump when you want :(,Sometimes Combat system is not good

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition up for pre-purchase with 10% discount:-

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows contains the following enhancements:

New Adventure: The Black Pits
New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
A new collection of player character voice sets
Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
Over 400 improvements to the original game
Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows will be available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-purchasing will allow you to preload the game, so you can access it immediately after release.

The game will be availbale on 18 September. Some screens:-

*www.baldursgate.com/images/pc/screen01.jpg

*www.baldursgate.com/images/pc/screen02.jpg

*www.baldursgate.com/images/pc/screen03.jpg

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@Anorion: Nice find.

I want to see first hand how big daggerfall really is. Any leads?

I mean, is it abandonware or something?

Piyush

Lanaya
try Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - great game ;-)
yea :)
Baldur's Gate, anyone? ;)
gonna try it this time
Any idea about area of Chernobyl in STALKER?
The area of Chernobyl aka "zone" is the core of the game series
the game zone is cruel .It wont let you believe that you are the hero in this game, it will pose as many as difficulties on your path as possible.
To add more to it, wicked monsters, hostile factions, deadly anomalies and scarce resources.

Yes I have to agree on that but if you playing it after fallout or something then you require some mods for favorable gameplay.
I havent tried any Stalker-like mod for Fallout, if any.
But Fallout and STALKER are totally different.
The layout and representation of post apocalypse world , for an example.
The world of Fallout isnt much of a problem , mutants are a piece of cake (except deathclaw, though a sneak expert can take down a deathclaw with single shot of anti-material rifle) and the people are friendly.
Where as, in the zone, world is cruel, monsters are PITA to kill (depending upon the area you are in , for example, fighting a Controller in open =100% DEATH) and people do cut-throat-business

My List of fav RPGs

-->Witcher 1 (havent played 2 yet)
-->Elder Scrolls Series
-->Fallout series
-->STALKER series
-->Kingdoms of Amalur
-->Dragon age origins

Top Bottom