The RMA Experience Thread

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ friend have recently done RMA and he mentioned that you need to attach some form (printout of RMA form most likely). any idea about it?

mine is the latest one :-(

problem is random restart even after fresh installation of windows. no way can i finish an error scan. restarts halfway. and some grinding sound. will register for RMA today & send it tomorrow.

will i get a replacement? sometimes it works for hours but once restart loop starts, theres no stopping it.
Exact same thing started happening to me. The Win7 would never load, and it would always say that Windows could not start and would literally run for 7-8 hours on repair attempt. I would re-install, run couple of times and then again would go into the darn loop. Finally I did a new install, somehow reached the desktop and ran HD Tools. Got 3 bad sectors right the beginning.

Once you register and activate the RMA for your drive serial, you will get a pre-mailer page which you can print. You can even print that you later form the WD page using your registered phone number/last name combination.

why did u pay 100 bucks the courier service is free....

1.ya pack it in the anti-static bag other-wise they say it voids waranty
2. donno about changing the address..maybe you can change it..
3.ya i guess .. most probable the courier guys won't even turn up according to my experience...
You sure about the anti-static bag. I do not have one. Plus the site does not mention so.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Exact same thing started happening to me. The Win7 would never load, and it would always say that Windows could not start and would literally run for 7-8 hours on repair attempt. I would re-install, run couple of times and then again would go into the darn loop. Finally I did a new install, somehow reached the desktop and ran HD Tools. Got 3 bad sectors right the beginning.

Once you register and activate the RMA for your drive serial, you will get a pre-mailer page which you can print. You can even print that you later form the WD page using your registered phone number/last name combination.

same problem with 160Gb pata & linux live CD. after searching for over 2hrs, i am feeling its the mobo problem. can't flash bios. manually set memory speed to 1066 but no help. after 3-4 boot loops, pc won't even go to BIOS. will test with friend's hard drive 1 last time today.

saswat23

Human Spambot
I had sent my FSP SAGA-II 500W for RMA to Aditya Infotech on 7.11.2011 but they say they wont replace it as FSP only repairs the defective PSUs. They also said only Corsair gives a replacement not FSP. The date of return was 16.11.2011 but i havent received it yet.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
You sure about the anti-static bag. I do not have one. Plus the site does not mention so.

Ya i am sure check this link from WD where the packaging information for the same is given..
WD Support / Warranty Services / End User / Packaging and Shipping Instructions

Sent Corsair Value Select 2gb ddr3 RAM via courier on saturday to kaizen infoserve Mumbai on 12/11/2011 , they recieved on 16/11/2011.

I get RMA'ed RAM sealed pack RAM on 21/11/2011

Now thats some after sale service :). Never got a RMA so fast in my life :D

Congo..:)

^^ friend have recently done RMA and he mentioned that you need to attach some form (printout of RMA form most likely). any idea about it?

mine is the latest one :-(

problem is random restart even after fresh installation of windows. no way can i finish an error scan. restarts halfway. and some grinding sound. will register for RMA today & send it tomorrow.

will i get a replacement? sometimes it works for hours but once restart loop starts, theres no stopping it.

if there is a grinding sound and if its coming from the HDD give it for replacement as if can be an indication that its failing ...

tkin

Back to school!!
Does WD provide the box in which the hdd should be packed? If not then WD provides the crappiest RMA process ever, why the hell should a customer have to look around for Anti static bags or foam packaging for shipping a HDD? And where the hell are we supposed to get them?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
What the hell yar. Where will I get an anti-static bag from.

Hell.

Ico, you have any spare..?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Does WD provide the box in which the hdd should be packed? If not then WD provides the crappiest RMA process ever, why the hell should a customer have to look around for Anti static bags or foam packaging for shipping a HDD? And where the hell are we supposed to get them?

well when I got my Seagate HDD in RMA process it was packed in a cheap box & inside was sponge which looked like paper box (which is used for carrying eggs) :grin:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least, WD's RMA packaging is far better.

What I did was simply used the jacket that comes with the HDD and used a spare Athlon64 CPU box for packaging. But yeah, most people generally throw them away. :(

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!

lol that's a problem that even i have faced....
but luckily found an anti static bag and packed it in a old mobile phone box....

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for late reply..

I RMAed first time and waited for WDs couried to arrive but it did not.... So had to send it my self....

And 100 rs is OK.... Even if the service center is in Mumbai and I personally go there to give the product then it would have cost me the same...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H was giving problem (random reboots & later no display). sent it for RMA to Gigabyte through Accel Frontline on 27th November. replacement came by 1st week of December but i deliberately didn't collect it cause of exam. dad collected the mobo today & to my surprise its a brand new (sealed) Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 (rev 3.1) with socket AM3+ i.e. Bulldozer ready & 2 USB 3.0 slots at the back (will run some benchmark tomorrow). delighted. excellent service :razz:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
my motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H was giving problem (random reboots & later no display). sent it for RMA to Gigabyte through Accel Frontline on 27th November. replacement came by 1st week of December but i deliberately didn't collect it cause of exam. dad collected the mobo today & to my surprise its a brand new (sealed) Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 (rev 3.1) with socket AM3+ i.e. Bulldozer ready & 2 USB 3.0 slots at the back (will run some benchmark tomorrow). delighted. excellent service :razz:

congrats sammy, nice to hear of excellent GBT service.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

great example of after sales service and congrats ;-)

Top Bottom