The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
What is a good place to post photos like this, to build a portfolio for a budding photographer.

I have no experience in this, and I'm asking for a friend.

Thanks

@izzikio_rage @Gen.Libeb @sujoyp
You'll find that a lot of pros have good profiles on facebook and Instagram which they update regularly. They usually will have their own site as well with some of their best work.

What is your friend planning to shoot? Weddings? Events?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You'll find that a lot of pros have good profiles on facebook and Instagram which they update regularly. They usually will have their own site as well with some of their best work.

What is your friend planning to shoot? Weddings? Events?

He wants to do travel photos, some blog type thing. But before that, he needs some kind of exposure.

What would his best course of action ?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
For travel insta is absolutely amazing. Tell him to start posting immidiately and build up a following. Have many friends who did this themselves and are now doing paid work for people who found them on insta

toofan

Technomancer
_DSC1050.jpg
D7000 + 200mm Ais Nikon Lens.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@toofan such a nice shot! If I'm not wrong, that's probably grass and it's a moth!
Which would mean, you've got your hands on some powerful macro gear!

What do you think of cropping the top a bit? Or left that intentionally?

toofan

Technomancer
@toofan such a nice shot! If I'm not wrong, that's probably grass and it's a moth!
Which would mean, you've got your hands on some powerful macro gear!

What do you think of cropping the top a bit? Or left that intentionally?
Thanks. Rhitwik, its common yellow butterfly. Thats is intensionally done, to add another anchor point to the image.
No, this is shot with a AIS 200mm macro lens which has 1:4 macro magnification I guess. And very cheap to own used. But full manual lens.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Some pics i took from mussorie

All taken from op7 pro no edits

most are from wide angle. one is from zoom

*i.imgur.com/r4IX8ow.jpg

*i.imgur.com/eY8BjbD.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qM7grnY.jpg

*i.imgur.com/J5V1vgk.jpg

*i.imgur.com/cIDHFcO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/iEM2uCg.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kfZYHS9.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qYrG3lE.jpg

*i.imgur.com/04G5Iif.jpg

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Don't know how many people are active on this thread. Remember we started this whole deal of weekly challenges to hone our skills we could try that again since we are all locked up anyhow. What sa? @sujoyp @rhitwick others

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
What effect is that streaking lights in the sky?
They are called star trails, if you shoot a long enough shutter speed or stack images shot over a long enough time then the earth rotation moves the stars relative to earth over time causing them to form these trails

In this case
140 shots, Over 1 hour
30sec shutter speed each
F/7, ISO 200

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are called star trails, if you shoot a long enough shutter speed or stack images shot over a long enough time then the earth rotation moves the stars relative to earth over time causing them to form these trails

In this case
140 shots, Over 1 hour
30sec shutter speed each
F/7, ISO 200

I read about this in Physics but I always thought taking such shots involve some photo editing tool to mix multiple photos & apply some form of filter.:)

kaz

right here
IMG_20200328_235804.JPG

Shoot on 7T using GCAM astro mode. It keeps the moving objects well in focus unlike long exposure shots.

IMG_20200328_235458.jpg

Top Bottom