The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Currently, I have shortlisted Denmark (got acceptance from there). Now I'm just waiting.
Scandinavian countries do have a....landscape. I guess I can finally get those cool wallpaper like pictures now xD

Wow..soo you will get to shoot lot of landscapes I suppose ;) cant you get masters in Switzerland :D

Wow..soo you will get to shoot lot of landscapes I suppose ;) cant you get masters in Switzerland :D

I don't know. There is an university which will declare result later this month. Let's see if I'm accepted.
I don't like US at all, specially because of the diverse views on Indians there. Europe is more or less cool with it (or so was my experience in Switzerland/Italy).
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION], I hope so. Time to buy a third party wide angle lens!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Looking forward to the images from wherever you wind up (best of luck). We've had tons of awesome stuff from all over the place now ...

A couple that i've been shooting during my travelling

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1613/24846170323_0ab40ee45f_c.jpg
Peace by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1562/25524142795_850433e961_c.jpg
Frames by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Nice landscapes everyone, [MENTION=8169]Krishnan[/MENTION]du: awesome snaps.
Here is one from me panorama, taken with Tokina 11-16

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1519/24946030964_21e9066055_z.jpgVarsoli beach Sunrise by Kapil Juvale, on Flickr

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
*farm2.staticflickr.com/1460/25616236365_d02a23f376_c.jpg
Birds Eye View Of Phuentsholing Town by Krishnandu Sarkar, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1695/25590402976_77ef3eff31_c.jpg
Dochula by Krishnandu Sarkar, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1712/24986126934_100b4ff582_c.jpg
Black Necked Cranes by Krishnandu Sarkar, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1585/25690685552_be1a4dd536_c.jpg
Some Unknown Flower At Punakha Dzong by Krishnandu Sarkar, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1581/25181142844_faa78fb4e5_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1681/25716529501_9222db8342_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1582/25811691765_7d7f9cabeb_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1694/25185194203_cc42123895_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1715/25785697636_b072062ae6_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1656/25785686026_8bf7e763bf_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1686/25716703401_9211789cd4_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1588/25716691451_470ab842e8_c.jpg

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1716/25785894696_a6e09950e2_c.jpg
A Kid In Thimphu by Krishnandu Sarkar, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Again I find pretty much all of them are underexposed.
I guess, you're not touching any of them in post. It's SOOC images. I don't know what metering you use, how about increase EV by 1/3-2/3 and see if you can see the difference. And I am under an impression that you don't like to PP your images. Then how about spend some time tweaking some of the settings in your camera. Like contrast, sharpness, wb, metering etc...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah those are great shots but under exposed.why..?
Are u using negative ev?

Nope. I have shot all those in Aperture Priority and EV set to 0. May be due to Hoya UV Filter?

- - - Updated - - -

Again I find pretty much all of them are underexposed.
I guess, you're not touching any of them in post. It's SOOC images. I don't know what metering you use, how about increase EV by 1/3-2/3 and see if you can see the difference. And I am under an impression that you don't like to PP your images. Then how about spend some time tweaking some of the settings in your camera. Like contrast, sharpness, wb, metering etc...

Yes, you got it right. I really don't like to PP my images because I don't understand much about the after effects, whether the picture is looking good or not by changing the settings. But if you are talking about EV, I find Lightroom Auto-Tone is making the corrections. But somewhere I feel those are overexposed. What do you think? Below are some samples of same photographs.

*i.imgur.com/L3BuNfs.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VHG6lNk.jpg

*i.imgur.com/2OgSHPJ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/GAQ2WGw.jpg

*i.imgur.com/GAQ2WGw.jpg

*i.imgur.com/2ginkRl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/MUEoYP0.jpg

[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] [MENTION=322194]adityagupta[/MENTION] Does these looks good to you guys? Then I'll use Auto-Tone in Lightroom CC from now on. Actually I see various tutorials on Lightroom CC on youtube and internet. But at the time of PP, I can't figure out how much tuning is needed on particular settings to make it look good.

BTW, I come across various free presets for Lightroom in internet. Are those good enough? Or it's better to Auto-Tune?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
May be due to Hoya UV Filter?

Yes, you got it right. I really don't like to PP my images because I don't understand much about the after effects, whether the picture is looking good or not by changing the settings. But if you are talking about EV, I find Lightroom Auto-Tone is making the corrections. But somewhere I feel those are overexposed. What do you think? Below are some samples of same photographs.

Does these looks good to you guys? Then I'll use Auto-Tone in Lightroom CC from now on. Actually I see various tutorials on Lightroom CC on youtube and internet. But at the time of PP, I can't figure out how much tuning is needed on particular settings to make it look good.

BTW, I come across various free presets for Lightroom in internet. Are those good enough? Or it's better to Auto-Tune?
What's the use of UV filter?

You don't have to become an expert overnight, watch/read tutorials when you have spare time/interest. Slowly you will get the hang of it and you will start to see the difference. For a start, use auto tone/preset and keep it as starting point and slide up/down from there to your taste.

No it doesn't look good (NO OFFENSE), and yes it's overexposed. (See once you start you will start to see the difference ;) ) Among the photos, try PPing that landscape and the kid shot.

I haven't used any 3rd party presets, so no idea about it. I don't use auto tone either, it's better we do the changes ourselves.

BTW, please refrain yourself from posting big size images. 640px or max of 800px is good enough for web sharing. One it takes time to load, two have to scroll and view the picture (can't see the whole picture in one shot). Forum auto resize based on the width, not height. To explain it further, my screen res is 1440x900. That 900px is not fully available, browser menu bar, title bar, forum tabs, windows task bar takes some of the pixel and leaving me about ~680px, any thing more than that I have to scroll and view.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Presets are a great way to understand what effects we can give with lightroom and what settings to change for it. However many pics are made or broken in the camera, things like composition, light, focus can't be changed later.

Keep reading about composition and light, rule of 3rd, golden hour, blue hour, symmetry. Try out the presets and see what they do. Then post what you learn here and we can all learn from it.

Top Bottom