The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I know, usually i get clean shots at ISO 800. but with the amount of cropping i did to get this the noise became very noticeable in the second one. The first is at ISO 125 that came out ok

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I was saying about premium ones...one can always get the cheap ones starting from 300Rs set above :D
yes I need a macro flash...but I wanted feedback from someone who actually used it...never saw anybody using it
Yup, now i also see the need for a ring flash and even a dedicated macro lens.

HTBR

Broken In
*farm2.staticflickr.com/1441/24292958806_691a618158_b.jpgTerminator T-800 Battle Damaged by Baidujya Saikia, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1635/24292957126_fecb394c9c_b.jpgTerminator T-800 Battle Damaged by Baidujya Saikia, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1495/24292954816_76f7b64319_b.jpgTerminator T-800 Battle Damaged by Baidujya Saikia, on Flickr

digit.sh

Journeyman
Came here after a long time :)
Happy new year guys :)

Here are two photos I took recently:

D610 + 50mm :
*c2.staticflickr.com/2/1473/24021256336_ec7d6e3cf3_b.jpg
Winter evening stroll

And another with X-E1 + Zeiss(CY) 50mm
*c1.staticflickr.com/1/622/22303559036_e6be9e2310_b.jpg
My lazy cat :)

Guess which camera I like most? :)

Last edited:

digit.sh

Journeyman
XE-1 shot is soo nice...lovely

Fuji XE1 is my favorite camera. Its a pleasure to use :) I am saying this after using many APSc and full frame Nikons! To get the most out of these DSLRs, I have to process from RAW(correct the WB, color, brightness, midtones etc), which takes time. Fuji just nails it. Everytime! Fuji's sharpness(with good lens, ofcourse), color are something to be seen! Unfortunately, X lenses are not available and costly!

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guess which camera I like most? :)
I don't know...
You're using non native mount for your XE 1. Does it mean that you like XE 1 more? I would guess so, after all I am blindly guessing.

With this kinda gear, I would expect photographs much better than these. No offense.

digit.sh

Journeyman
I don't know...
You're using non native mount for your XE 1. Does it mean that you like XE 1 more? I would guess so, after all I am blindly guessing.

With this kinda gear, I would expect photographs much better than these. No offense.

Yeah the Fuji X-E1, already said that in previous post :-o
No offense taken :) You are right. These gears are capable of producing much much better output. I am far from using their full potential and I know that. Lack of time you know! But hopefully, I shall be able to take better photos when we shall be traveling in Rajsthan next month :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
do you carry both D610 and XE-1 all the time...which one are you taking for rajasthan ...I think there dynamic range of D610 and need of wide angle lens will be more useful

digit.sh

Journeyman
do you carry both D610 and XE-1 all the time...which one are you taking for rajasthan ...I think there dynamic range of D610 and need of wide angle lens will be more useful

No. Not both. I take D610 mostly. Dad prefers X-E1 because its compact, has dial and great manual focus assist and really really easy to use. And "all the time"? I hardly get time for photography outing :-( Apart from some portrait sessions with friends and family, I managed to go out only a few times, that too in university campus only!

You are right. D610's DR will help. But Fuji is not much behind. We will take both. Dad XE1, me D610. Yeah, I need a wide angle lens. I wanted to get a 16-35 f/4 but right now, short on fund and even if I have fund I hesitate, cause my inner voice says "you will not get time for photography! Don't invest so much" :-? So, this time at least I have to do with Fuji and 18-55mm's wide end(this kit lens is great in terms of sharpness and color), which will give me 27mm approximately. Could you suggest any less expensive(but good) wide zoom for FX? Open to third party lenses.

Btw, I am worried about Rajsthan's dust. Any tips? I keep kenko multicoated filter attached to both the lenses all the time. In last outing, both have gathered dust on surface and its difficult to clean. I tried an air blower, didn't help much! Some dust went away, most remain. I heard Rajsthan is very very dusty. It worries me.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=113218]digit.sh[/MENTION] dont get too wide ..if budget is an issue then even 24mm is fine...going for ultra wide without any testing/experiment before may put you in problem.
Also in rajasthan if you want to avoide dust, then dont change lens anywhere other then hotel room...front element can be protected by filter.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I live in rajasthan... Its not that bad. Enjoy the shoot, clean the cam regularly with a lenspen or soft cloth and don't change lenses in dusty areas. Thats all there is to it

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I am also in Rajasthan. It's not that entire Rajasthan is a desert.
BTW if you are looking for a wide angle lens you can get a Samyang or Rokinon 14mm prime. It will be a manual lens but one of the sharpest.

digit.sh

Journeyman
[MENTION=113218]digit.sh[/MENTION] dont get too wide ..if budget is an issue then even 24mm is fine...going for ultra wide without any testing/experiment before may put you in problem.
Also in rajasthan if you want to avoide dust, then dont change lens anywhere other then hotel room...front element can be protected by filter.

Sujoy, I am not taking 16-35 to Rajsthan. No fund right now. Also, I have to give a second thought(and maybe many more) before investing so much. I considered 16-35 because its a zoom. A zoom gives lot flexibility. But cost is a big issue. Had there been a great glass(like 50mm G) 24mm prime under 20k, I would get that in a flash.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also in Rajasthan. It's not that entire Rajasthan is a desert.
BTW if you are looking for a wide angle lens you can get a Samyang or Rokinon 14mm prime. It will be a manual lens but one of the sharpest.

Thats a very good lens. But its too wide(on FF) to my taste. I would prefer a prime in the range of 20-24mm or a zoom. Nikon's 20mm 1.8 is, I heard simply spectacular! But costs 50k or maybe more here! Anyway, whichever I decide to get, I can't get before this trip.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Sujoy, I am not taking 16-35 to Rajsthan. No fund right now. Also, I have to give a second thought(and maybe many more) before investing so much. I considered 16-35 because its a zoom. A zoom gives lot flexibility. But cost is a big issue. Had there been a great glass(like 50mm G) 24mm prime under 20k, I would get that in a flash.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a very good lens. But its too wide(on FF) to my taste. I would prefer a prime in the range of 20-24mm or a zoom. Nikon's 20mm 1.8 is, I heard simply spectacular! But costs 50k or maybe more here! Anyway, whichever I decide to get, I can't get before this trip.
Yeah 14 mm is just sigh of the legendary 12-24. Shooting the milky way will be a breeze with that ;)

Top Bottom