The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
A lazy winter morning sunrise :)
*farm2.staticflickr.com/1472/24092164821_3fdfcd1af2_c.jpglazy morning by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=143263]HTBR[/MENTION] - Great pics again.

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] - cool pic but the bottom half is all black & it feels underexposed..

sujoyp

Grand Master
humm let me try a crop and some editing :)

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/--cjp1-rlsv4/Vos1Fs4DbaI/AAAAAAAASdI/C6pvbMRWBCQ/s800-Ic42/lazym2.jpg

bottom half will never get much exposure...else the sky colors will be lost

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, You have discussed about buying camera, lens, tripod and all. What about filters? Do you have any? Are you interested in buying some? With filters you can get both the sky and foreground properly exposed. Just a thought to consider...

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] ...I have very little knowledge about filters. and I have a CPL ..I sometime use it for blue sky.
for the above shot it need a GND ..graduated ND filter with half blackish and half bright ...

I have no plans to get those costly filters..most of the effects can be done in PP..except CPL and running water

sujoyp

Grand Master
true, an optics is always better..but good filters cost too much which dont have any tint and diffraction effect on pics...I cant imagine myself getting a set of ND filters for 8k ... people who are good at landscapes should get these :)
I would rather get something to improve my macro photography ;)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
it was disabled monkey
I don't know whether you're brave enough to go this close or the monkey is kind enough to let the camera with you. :)
Is it in camera result or post? Too much sharpness/contrast.
I cant imagine myself getting a set of ND filters for 8k... people who are good at landscapes should get these :)
I would rather get something to improve my macro photography ;)
Wow!!! That's a lot of money.
You have macro lens. Ring flash should be the next one...

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I was saying about premium ones...one can always get the cheap ones starting from 300Rs set above :D
yes I need a macro flash...but I wanted feedback from someone who actually used it...never saw anybody using it

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yes, it is post, went for HDR

the monkey was kind enough to approach, but normally I get recklessly brave, and keep taking photos from shorter and shorter distances till whatever Im shooting finally gets disturbed.
this one let me in really close. I could have gone closer but would have to switch to macro. It's temple town, Omkareshwar, and the tourists continually feed the animals so they are not at all shy. Good place to get hanuman langurs from up close with temple ruins as backdrop.

*i.imgur.com/fMQthwS.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
this one let me in really close. I could have gone closer but would have to switch to macro. It's temple town, Omkareshwar, and the tourists continually feed the animals so they are not at all shy.
IQ of this one is better, hope not much PP done.
It's not about shyness. Monkey would find it curious and grab the camera from your hands and run away. :) At least that's what I thought when I was close to monkeys.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] nice monkey...but this is not close enough :D

- - - Updated - - -

just saw the monkey on previous page...he looks angry...and yaah its close :)

beingGamer

In the zone
Took this with LGG2
Post processing on same, using Aviary app

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160106/31fd7316678c94c40a668428c3f9dfe7.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=265475]beingGamer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] ..both your compositions are good..

Anorion the angle of shot is great.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Trying to sort through all the photos I've clicked over the past week or so. This is from the Sujoy inspired photowalk :p

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1593/23661882064_4b5c2795a7_c.jpgLike a drop of dew by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1509/23663275973_aaed1b8710_c.jpgJust hanging there by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

As always went a little overboard with the ISO on the second. Was trying to get a clear shot and there was wind, so cranked up the shutter speed a little too much plus had a small aperture for the starburst

Last edited:
Top Bottom