The Photography Thread

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
[MENTION=119687]pranav0091[/MENTION] Yeah I can really see the difference. Thanks. Will do some post processing :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=89408]criztle[/MENTION] your 3rd one is nice...I like soft colors of that pic :)

[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] I have CPL ...donno how to use it effectively.
out of your pics composition of common tiger is correct...others composition is not good..colors are good
1st one butterfly is out of focus

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Lunar Eclipse - Apr '15

About two min interval for about 15 minutes long. 7 images stacked and PPed...

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/lunar-ecl-tilt_zpseejn0zyh.jpg

SX130 | f/5.6 | 1/13 sec | F 308mm eq. | ISO 80

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Lunar Eclipse - Apr '15

Fantastic [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
[MENTION=89408]criztle[/MENTION] your 3rd one is nice...I like soft colors of that pic :)

[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] I have CPL ...donno how to use it effectively.
out of your pics composition of common tiger is correct...others composition is not good..colors are good
1st one butterfly is out of focus

Yeah, the butterflies are hard to get, and the first one was just taking off as i was clicking the pic. Soon enough the mass of people behind me meant that not a single butterfly was sitting down idle.

Regarding framing, can you elaborate taking the worst offender according to you ?
I should be able to re-frame pretty much all of them except a couple of the butterflies - I was using a 18-55, so most of those pics are cropped manually... which also explains the rather poor IQ.

Lunar Eclipse - Apr '15

Great shot there :)

After following this thread for a while, I think little constructive criticism won't hurt.

This are old ones, since my camera is out of service and I have switched to cell temporarily.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7543/15658150664_350bdecd79_z.jpg342-NZ1-7.1-50-400-0.008/Untouched by Xerien, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7425/16447563866_8bfe67b765_z.jpgDSC-012/Hopes and Desires by Xerien, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks everyone. :)
After following this thread for a while, I think little constructive criticism won't hurt.
This are old ones, since my camera is out of service and I have switched to cell temporarily.
Both the photographs are nice.
I like the black and white more. I guess the monochrome variant and PP makes it look good. Good work there :thumbs:

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] nice shot..but didnt you get the red moon...that I saw in newspapers
[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] 1st is OOF and focus seems to be on flower
2nd you cut one of the part of butterfly and butterfly dont look nice without a habitat...a macro pic of butterfly is of no use...butterfly will look really good with green natural BG
parrot is really beautiful in color but its face is opposite side...
[MENTION=285113]sidharth[/MENTION] 1st one is good...

Thanks everyone. :)

Both the photographs are nice.
I like the black and white more. I guess the monochrome variant and PP makes it look good. Good work there :thumbs:
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] Thanks, I think monochromes help in two things; highlighting the subject and hiding imperfections.

Here are more; (And this will effectively end the contribution from my NEX-6 on this thread, I will be making a switch to Olympus soon)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7498/16093280488_97502920d5.jpgAlmost Perfect/345-NZ1-8-39-400-0.0082 by Xerien, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3881/15376466876_70ca965a2a.jpgDSC00449NR/Hey by Xerien, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2941/15412718625_0a9cbba184.jpgDSC00347NR/Encrusted by Xerien, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8602/16056235896_996817a0c4.jpgDSC01478/Rays by Xerien, on Flickr

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] Thanks, I think monochromes help in two things; highlighting the subject and hiding imperfections.

Here are more; (And this will effectively end the contribution from my NEX-6 on this thread, I will be making a switch to Olympus soon)

Quite interestingly edited pics :)

[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] nice shot..but didnt you get the red moon...that I saw in newspapers
[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] 1st is OOF and focus seems to be on flower
2nd you cut one of the part of butterfly and butterfly dont look nice without a habitat...a macro pic of butterfly is of no use...butterfly will look really good with green natural BG
parrot is really beautiful in color but its face is opposite side...
[MENTION=285113]sidharth[/MENTION] 1st one is good...

I'll post the original shots here :D

The 1st pic focus pic, yeah wasn't able to get the camera to focus on the butterfly on time to get it, before it flew off. :(

The second pic, its actually on a poor-green poster on a dusty wall. Wasnt able to get any colorful background on it :(

Here are the sources and the the finals (feel free to tinker with them if you want - I will provide RAW for some pics if anyone's interested) :-

Original shot (RAW) :-
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7719/16869265380_b67fb1d306.jpg37_tiger by pranav0091, on Flickr

Final cut :-
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7640/16347084914_aba4a47c71.jpgtiger_1 by pranav0091, on Flickr

Original shot (RAW) :-
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7600/16869240550_87edce027c.jpg73 by pranav0091, on Flickr

Final cut:-
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8720/16781950368_80bf27bd7a.jpgbutterfly_5_1 by pranav0091, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
Tiger is looking good...but dont you got any shot of tiger looking towards you...it would be better

you have improved the butterfly shot a lot from original...but still a leaf or flower would look better

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks guys...

I think monochromes help in two things; highlighting the subject and hiding imperfections.
Encrusted
Yeah, I have done it few time to hide the imperfection :)

Would you mind telling how the lighting was done for "encrusted". Though the other are similar to this one, but for this the light seems like lit inside the flower. It's the lighting, right? or is it PP? :)

@nac nice shot..but didnt you get the red moon...that I saw in newspapers
That's the reddest I got. :) I was arguing with my friends all day that we can't see this eclipse from India. It's happening during day time.. So I wasn't planning to take this photograph. May be it was little more red when it was in horizon. It was already 7 when we saw the moon and still I was saying that it's not eclipse, it could be clouds :) It took 15-20 min to reach home and grab our camera. And by the time we shoot, it moved well above the horizon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys...

Yeah, I have done it few time to hide the imperfection :)

Would you mind telling how the lighting was done for "encrusted". Though the other are similar to this one, but for this the light seems like lit inside the flower. It's the lighting, right? or is it PP? :)

That's the reddest I got. :) I was arguing with my friends all day that we can't see this eclipse from India. It's happening during day time.. So I wasn't planning to take this photograph. May be it was little more red when it was in horizon. It was already 7 when we saw the moon and still I was saying that it's not eclipse, it could be clouds :) It took 15-20 min to reach home and grab our camera. And by the time we shoot, it moved well above the horizon.

A tricky question to answer. The shot was taken at evening with with bounce flash to completely darken the background in question(the ceiling partially helped in this). Second, the inherent color of flower helped me too. Whereas the outer part had a really dark shade, inner part was extremely light and reflective and accepted flash without much trouble. This extreme difference in gradient helped me to create a "glowing" look.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Not getting much time to do shoots on the new camera, but still managing to capture occasional ones
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8811/16447076014_d1b46e2059_c.jpgedited_DSC_0192 by Prateek10, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
A tricky question to answer. The shot was taken at evening with with bounce flash to completely darken the background in question(the ceiling partially helped in this). Second, the inherent color of flower helped me too. Whereas the outer part had a really dark shade, inner part was extremely light and reflective and accepted flash without much trouble. This extreme difference in gradient helped me to create a "glowing" look.
Wow!!! Thank you. Thanks for explaining.

Top Bottom