The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac if u want to try ur hand on those birds I am giving the RAW NEF file link

*skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6AE59F0C456FB7C9%211579

*skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6AE59F0C456FB7C9%211578

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Sujoy, the last cat shot is really the best and very artistic. The cat's expression remains an enigma ( Sad or vacant or tired? ) and the B/W goes very well with the mood.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yeah, I tried it yesterday with the jpeg. I don't know whether I could make it better with the RAW. :blink:

*img836.imageshack.us/img836/9977/larw.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks nac ...ur edited looks better...now I know how much exposed u want ;) today i have shot some green and blue bee eater..will post at night :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Got these christmas pics on sunday.

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/11499758945_7f2ae17c81_b.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3786/11541987556_7acd6885d4_c.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
now I know how much exposed u want ;)
:-D
Infact, you have over exposed by 1/3 stop, but I don't know why I think it's little under exposed.
You have cropped a lot, advantage of having lot of pixels. If the bird is up close, you would have gotten "the fur" details you want. I am expecting a nice and good bird photograph before you go back to work.

sujoyp

Grand Master
actually it was dull cloudy day and to get exposure right I required to increase the exposure a bit...I do it regularly

crop a lot :( but that is to be done...I was 15-20 feet away and with my 500mm I could get only this result ...its almost not possible to go nearer

today I shot in my home garden and I know they are better :D will post at night
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are two birding shots I quickly snapped in the morning :D

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/11550889783_9a6c9f82c7_z.jpg
Green Bee eater by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5499/11550736724_2021cdcbe7_z.jpg
Blue bee eater by sujoyp, on Flickr

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thanx friends.

About WB....any tips on that? What my photo lacks and how can I improve it.
And, its not always possible to use tripod (not carrying it always), so any tips to compensate that?

sujoyp

Grand Master
ritwick I dont think there is anything particularly bad in any of ur pic technically ...maybe some are bit unnaturally bluish

I will say you should work on improving the composition...its more needed...
if tripod is not possible then solution is keep it on a rock and use wired or wireless trigger

ashs1

Padawan
@rhitwick : very cool pics !! Those cloud effects look beautiful !

can anyone teach me ( or provide links) on how to enhance those effects on cloud ?
like in this one ( from rhitwick's pic )
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2862/11516426873_e03220c95b_z.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
ritwick I dont think there is anything particularly bad in any of ur pic technically ...maybe some are bit unnaturally bluish
But, the blue is natural. This is how I got the pics. I just enhanced contrast and clarity in Photoshop.

I will say you should work on improving the composition...its more needed...
if tripod is not possible then solution is keep it on a rock and use wired or wireless trigger
Hmmm. Composition is natural. Either you have it or you don't. I try to observe photographs of other persons (specially newspapers) and try to imitate it.

I need to buy a trigger I guess. Don't have one yet.

@rhitwick : very cool pics !! Those cloud effects look beautiful !

can anyone teach me ( or provide links) on how to enhance those effects on cloud ?
like in this one ( from rhitwick's pic )
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2862/11516426873_e03220c95b_z.jpg
The clouds are not edited. Its HDR, taken three shots and then used "Creative" settings in "Photomatix"

Even you can do that.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@sujoy: the two cat pics are amazing, very well composed, very nicely lit. Do you own both a dog and a cat?
@rhitwhick : brilliant HDR shots, love the amazing clouds and the clarity of the people (usually they get blurred when you shoot HDRs)
@gen: i think your pics belong in the photo projects thread too :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rhitwick if blue is natural maybe I didnt like the composition ;) I am saying just work upon composition and ur shots will look amazing

@izzikio thanks...I used to own a lots of cats...but after my dog came the cat world gradually decreased..no no my dog didnt killed them but chased them away ..and now only have 2 cats comming and going

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rhitwick,
Just these two things would help little to make images a little better. I hope you don't mind.

Serenity2
Shutter speed (0.4 sec) - It's pretty obvious this will result it motion blur if we take this handheld. Try as sujoy suggested. You can use self timer untill you buy remote trigger.

Aperture (f/5.6) - I think (vaguely remember) people use f/11 (around this no.) for landscape. You figure out what's working for you. I think f/5.6 is too large for landscape. In general people keep something in foreground to make the image look interesting. The tricky thing is focus, you have to keep the foreground subject to infinity in focus. For that you have to hyperfocal distance, dof and all. In this case, waves are blurred coz of DOF or because of both dof and long exposure.

WB - May be you chose an inappropriate WB or AWB, it's too bluish. If you were right and still it's too bluish, you have to warm it up a little bit.

Sujoy, Cute birds :) and nicely exposed :D Just a little warmer would be good, I think.

Top Bottom