The Photography Thread

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@The Incinerator, @nac, @pranav0091 - Thanks

@harshilsharma63 - What's that in the last photo ? The bird pic is nice.

@Gen: Like what I see with the cinematic experimentation. :)
There is something about the mellow warmth of film that never gets tiring. The first shot somehow reminds me of the opening shot from the brilliant movie - No Country for Old Men
That's great to hear, its been some time I seen that movie, Isn't the first shot where the guy is hunting deer ?

In case any one's interested , This is not a tutorial, But I got started with the cinematic editing watching this video,
Red Giant - RGTV - Episodes

btw your fireworks photo is great.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

That's great to hear, its been some time I seen that movie, Isn't the first shot where the guy is hunting deer ?

In case any one's interested , This is not a tutorial, But I got started with the cinematic editing watching this video,

Yeah, I guess so. I was referring to one of the shots where they show that long straight road in the sunset.. its somewere near the beginning i guess. Thanks :D

I wonder why depressing? That thread some of the most famous and iconic images! Like the Father with Mother with Child and smaller child, all faces lined up.

Depressing because every guy behind the camera, myself included, hopes get thta one image that you will remember forever. That somebody will remember forever. And then you look at your own images and feel sad that you have nothing to compare with, for all you several thousand shots on your expensive DSLR and lenses - so carefully handpicked after much deliberation - to a guy that got a a stunning picture via his Iphone. :|

a_medico

Chillum Baba
No no Its nearly impossible to shoot portraits using a 150-500 :D I shot it by my 17-50 lens and using those umbrella, trigger and background I bought

My 100-400 has given me some amazing portraits. The drawback is that you have to stand too far.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
And then you look at your own images and feel sad that you have nothing to compare with, for all you several thousand shots on your expensive DSLR and lenses - so carefully handpicked after much deliberation

Question for you, sujoyp & other experienced hobby DSLR owners.
Do you ever feel limited by the camera you own? If yes whats it ?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Question for you, sujoyp & other experienced hobby DSLR owners.
Do you ever feel limited by the camera you own? If yes whats it ?

No, definitely not the camera. Though I sometimes feel limited by the lens. I'd guess I'd have done just fine even with the 1100D instead of the 600D I got because the former lacked a rubber grip.

My biggest disappointment is location in the middle of the outskirts of a city. I rue moving away from the places I grew up, in a village.

sujoyp

Grand Master
As I am using D3100 for last 3 years I would say 'Yes' I feel limited by my DSLR now ....
I want bracketing option for landscapes
ability to meter AI,AIS nikon lenses as I have a AIS macro lens...I could buy more old lenses if it would meter
pentaprism viewfinder which my dad's old SLR had and my new DSLR dont ...it makes focussing much easier
Better focus module ...I have read that sigma 150-500 does not do well with D3100 but is great with D7000

these are my personal needs...if I get weathersealed body, inbody motor etc along its just advantage.

The last pic is a macro shot of a towel. ANy guesses for second last pic?

AMTECH69

Broken In
Nikon P-510 some videos

I am using Nikon P510 since May 2013. It has got awesome zoom of 42x. I bought it because it was the onlyi Nikon available in my budget with mode dial & manual settings. It has got some issues with auto focus in video and a slightly sluggish zoom and auto focus during photography. I mainly use manual controls. Here are some sample videos.

Tiger in Kanha - YouTube
Train approaching Kamakhya Station, Guwahati - YouTube
Nainpur Chhindwara Narrow Gauge Train - YouTube
Nainpur - Chhindwara Narrow Gauge Train - YouTube
Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim - YouTube
Peacock Dance - YouTube

AshishBM

rickenjus

In the zone
@a_medico .. beautiful buddy

hi guys.. I have taken few pics with my ixus 255 hs how to post here or should I just give link to flickr..

first two are my first macro shots...

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/10793270875_65471ea96b_z.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7399/10793358905_b90579ae89_z.jpg

random click I took while returning back from a function ...
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/10753699154_5edaeed126_z.jpg

please critque... :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
The last pic is a macro shot of a towel. ANy guesses for second last pic?
A towel!! & I thought it was the moon.
The green thing , is it something metallic ?

@pranav0091 & @sujoyp - Thanks for answering.

@a_medico - Thats a great photo - why/who placed them (umbrella) like that ?

@rickenjus - Although you got sharp/in focus macros, both don't look much interesting to me. the background being the same colour does not really help. Also feel the same with the tree photo. Its sharp, colours are good but if your subject is the tree, the red box at bottom, the person on extreme left & the white building behind are kind of distracting. Also you cut top of the tree.
Keep on clicking.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Theres a big open space over a big reception area, where the umbrellas are hung upside down. This place is in noida.

rickenjus

In the zone
U nailed it :D

lol...

Very strange subject. Could have found better ones.Liked last one, but needs some PP.

well acutally I like to take macro of anything lying in my house regardless of the subject :p
But here I acutally like the rusted nail..

For last one, I don't know how to do PP and also dont get much time..

thank you . :)

@rickenjus - Although you got sharp/in focus macros, both don't look much interesting to me. the background being the same colour does not really help.
ya background is dull, plain white.

Also feel the same with the tree photo. Its sharp, colours are good but if your subject is the tree, the red box at bottom, the person on extreme left & the white building behind are kind of distracting. Also you cut top of the tree.
Keep on clicking.

Ya when I took this photo I should have thought about that, well will take care of that next time. thanks for your analysis.. :)

rickenjus

In the zone
@Gen.Libeb -- Nice one bhai.. :|

how are these .. !!!

Light up

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/10813349125_a09951a7c7_z.jpg

Mr Benjo

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3779/10813526515_3c72c97a6e_z.jpg

Screw u :p

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2878/10813614815_47b25804b6_z.jpg

Top Bottom