The Photography Thread

lm2k

Journeyman
@a_medico : amazing shot. liked the pattern and selective colouring(i guess?).
@rickenjus :First one is out of focus. second and third one need a bit corrections.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12702&d=1384350364
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12703&d=1384350367
10813526515_756854178e_o.jpg10813614815_47b25804b6_z.jpg

If u are biginer then there is not much wrong with these shots u posted. u just need to keep practicing.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rickenjus bro keep practicing and find better subjects around :)

I have not yet taken any superb shot with 150-500 ...sharing some of the pics I took
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HAONwQUia08/UoTbHdMWWdI/AAAAAAAAJY8/v2hv4mV0EAM/w1025-h642-no/DSC_0020.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hcgTx-RYxf8/UoTbw42_GdI/AAAAAAAAJZc/1CZXNdwpYBo/w963-h642-no/DSC_0073.jpg

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PMuBkvXVWco/UoTb9pf59aI/AAAAAAAAJZk/FfJsXqrXrws/w963-h642-no/DSC_0075.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/--Szm3YIulmc/UoTcPyPv77I/AAAAAAAAJZs/MX7EaZ2wcfI/w963-h642-no/DSC_0083.jpg

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LYuKK9koMyU/UoTchF-FojI/AAAAAAAAJZ8/kYQyR2pyRds/w963-h642-no/DSC_0092_2.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5oIswl7hcBU/UoTcp2mD1uI/AAAAAAAAJaE/jf-7EfOcdbk/w963-h642-no/DSC_0095_2.jpg

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QU26z-1bZos/UoTbYCKhfPI/AAAAAAAAJZM/Lvz5T7i8v_w/w1027-h642-no/DSC_0036.jpg

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Kl_lbcplktk/UoTbAhSVbLI/AAAAAAAAJY0/42FgKW85YPA/w1025-h642-no/DSC_0017.JPG

BTW I find ACDSee 5 much easier to use then lightroom :)

Last edited:

rickenjus

In the zone
@lm2k.. well thank you .. yes I am a beginner.. but actually 1st was done out of foucs intentionly, cuz I wanted to get it the way it is..... and for 2nd one I wanted to get the girl(my sis) and the window, I like it that way and same for last..
but thanks for your tips and your corrected pics are quite good nd I got your point "to isolate object/subject for surrounding/distration"

@sujoyp- okay bro I'll try.. :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@rickenjus- Thanks.
Did you use flash in the 2nd pic ?

@sujoyp - The flower photos are great. I like the woodpecker ? (the 3rd bird)

lm2k

Journeyman
but thanks for your tips and your corrected pics are quite good nd I got your point "to isolate object/subject for surrounding/distration"
M glad u got my point and I would like to see more from you.

@sujoyp : the wood peacker shot and the flower just above it, both are lovely.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac I am trying for good birding...and I am sure I will get better chance in December...this was just my 1st attempt ;)

@gen thanks...yes its woodpecker :)

@im2k thanks

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Awesome pics sujoy, specifically the woodpecker. Good colors, nice bokeh and great subject.

Stuge, please post some tuts for some of your night shots (on flickr). They are absolutely brilliant

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks @amlan ...I have promised myself to get much better shots next time :p ...I am bit disappointed by these actually

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pranav thanks...yes flowers came good...but those I could have taken by any of my other lens too like ..55-200 VR , 55m micro 2.8 or my tammy 17-50 2.8
The real purpose of lugging this 2.2 KG combo is to take good bird pictures :D soo need to work hard

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ But getting good pictures is also a matter of luck. You can see the potential of the lens in the flower shots, but birds, you cant get them tp pose for you :D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
^ But getting good pictures is also a matter of luck. You can see the potential of the lens in the flower shots, but birds, you cant get them tp pose for you :D

I don't believe the luck part. I guess most great photographers have a vision of what to get in their shots & the technical knowledge to get it correct on their first attempt rather than going out and shooting 20 shots and choosing the best one.

As for the awesome animal/birds/lightning pictures we see, I believe people have spent a lot of time patiently waiting for the correct shot.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I don't believe the luck part. I guess most great photographers have a vision of what to get in their shots & the technical knowledge to get it correct on their first attempt rather than going out and shooting 20 shots and choosing the best one.

As for the awesome animal/birds/lightning pictures we see, I believe people have spent a lot of time patiently waiting for the correct shot.

Animal pictures are waht I was talking about, since Sujoy is birding. There is no way to get them to behave the way you want generally. You could be just increasing your chanes by going on a safari or something, but there is a big chunk of luck involved.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Animal pictures are waht I was talking about, since Sujoy is birding. There is no way to get them to behave the way you want generally. You could be just increasing your chanes by going on a safari or something, but there is a big chunk of luck involved.

I have to disagree with this. The reason very few people get good action photos of birds/animals is because most people dont want to get down and dirty.

My friend regularly visits mangaljodi in orissa( bird haven for migratory birds) and his passion causes him to relentlessly pursue great bird pics(flying, eating). His knees/elbow becomes grazed and sometimes bloodstained. Of course he has the amazing nikon 300mm F4 , helps in Af

Animals/ birds are such nimble creatures that often something interesting is going on. It depends on your patience really to study their behavior and shoot thousands of pics to ensure few awesome pics.

However if you are talking about extraordinary moment pics which get showcased in NG magazine, yeah luck is defimitely involved

Top Bottom