The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@sujoyp That water drop shot, did you take that ? Its really good.

Yeah, Canon for this. ISO 100, F/8, 1/1250sec. Is it a little noisy ?

Kinda... diffraction... Using f/8 in S110 is like using f/22 in Canon APS-C. You will get too much diffraction and won't be getting sharper image. Even a wide open aperture would be suffice (I think) for this landscape shot (or stop down 1 point). You have plenty of light here, you may need ND filters to reduce the intensity of the light.

Just google and read about diffraction with small aperture.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@sujoyp,nac & pranav0091 you guys are amazing. The last 2 water drop shots are real great.

Kinda... diffraction... Using f/8 in S110 is like using f/22 in Canon APS-C.
Didn't know this. I guess this is the cause of the buildings being tilted towards the center.
So is there some range of aperture to use for landscapes with a point and shoot, may be something like f/4? I've looked for this, but most of them are for DSLRs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pranav these shots r bit old..maybe 1 year old ... I will get a wireless flash trigger and then try the smoke and splash/droplet photography again :) I really know its needed

@gen thanks for liking :)

Eyes of the devil

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8388/8600295262_0b8e01d0c4_z.jpg
Eyes of the devil by sujoyp, on Flickr

had a very difficult time shooting self eye with manual focus and a torch in hand :p

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@medico Nice shots
@gen Landscape shot is edited? The color of sky looks different
@sujoy nice tips. Will try some drop shots soon

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8596345143_6ec0fff844_z.jpg
flowers by marvelprash, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8366/8600357016_079e602443_z.jpg
Lonely by marvelprash, on Flickr

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@sujoyp,nac & pranav0091 you guys are amazing. The last 2 water drop shots are real great.

Didn't know this. I guess this is the cause of the buildings being tilted towards the center.
So is there some range of aperture to use for landscapes with a point and shoot, may be something like f/4? I've looked for this, but most of them are for DSLRs.

No real lower limit as I know it, but at the other end I guess you are reaching the limits of a good pic at f15 or so...
That doesnt include the spiked-star trick which is using very small apertures of f22 or more intentionally...

Dont get disheartened buddy, everyone doesnt take amazing pics all the time. We all have pics that are less than good looking. Bury the skeletons :D

EDIT: I didnt notice you were asking for PnS cameras...

Pretty pis from both sujoy and prashant :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Dont get disheartened buddy, everyone doesnt take amazing pics all the time. We all have pics that are less than good looking. Bury the skeletons

:D :D yaah right...like you can see my eye shot...its still not perfect :( tried 1st time ....u will also learn sooner or later :)

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@Medico: great snaps, liked them both.

@Sujoy: i saw you recently bought Tamron 17-50 f2.8, awesome. How is performance, sharpness over nikkor kit lens? and do you have any daylight landscapes taken with it, i saw you have some night photos and they look good. But wanted to know performance in daylight.

here one more took long ago, but didn't have time for last 3-4 months to even use my camera :(. Will start using it soon, but its still under 0 degrees as even ester has weekend has started, don't know when we will have sun here.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8598683918_3d4f14e501.jpg
Berlin Cathedral by Kjuvale, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kapil Tamron 17-50 f2.8 is good and sharp even at f2.8 ...no issue in that ....but as I have played with 50mm 1.8D I dont find bokeh good in tammy...I tried everything the bokeh is not comparable to 50mm...
Compared to 18-55 tammy is bit better in everything...better in low light, better build,better and faster focussing,no VR required,more silent and lastly more wider

But for indoor shooting its great :) Actually its a mixed feeling...I am really disappointed by the bokeh at 50mm..I wish it was 15-85mm f2.8 :D :D

I havent shot any landscape in day time ..just some casual shots...will show you

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@Sujoy: thanks for info. Sounds good for low light photography. I am using wide angle lens mostly in day light, thats why i was interested. All nikon lenses with such apperture are very expensive.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Please critique.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9772&d=1364880147
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9773&d=1364880175

Cams : Canon S110 & Sony H55

Attachments

• 1_10_bw.jpg
    1_10_bw.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC05917.jpg
    DSC05917.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 187

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@gen.Libeb
First photo is good. Do you think the focus is where you wanted it to be? It looks good, I wonder how would it be if the focus was on first three crads.

Second image is . It does not tell anything, neither its a good macro nor I can see any photographic experiment that you have done with it (judging it on base of my limited knowledge)

Best of luck and keep clicking.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen 1st shot is really good...but 2nd shot I didnt understand the purpose...what were u trying to do actually :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@ rhitwick, marvelousprashant, sujoyp, abhidev, JaySmarty23 - Thanks everyone, appreciate your comments. sorry, no colour version, I think I overwrote it.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
@Medico: great snaps, liked them both.

@Sujoy: i saw you recently bought Tamron 17-50 f2.8, awesome. How is performance, sharpness over nikkor kit lens? and do you have any daylight landscapes taken with it, i saw you have some night photos and they look good. But wanted to know performance in daylight.

here one more took long ago, but didn't have time for last 3-4 months to even use my camera :(. Will start using it soon, but its still under 0 degrees as even ester has weekend has started, don't know when we will have sun here.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8598683918_3d4f14e501.jpg
Berlin Cathedral by Kjuvale, on Flickr

is it HDR ? How did u do it ?

Top Bottom