The Photography Thread

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Some nice work there, Tejas. BTW, what is the source of that human shadow in that shot of the boot? I tried finding someone standing on the boundary wall, but couldn't.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Some nice work there, Tejas. BTW, what is the source of that human shadow in that shot of the boot? I tried finding someone standing on the boundary wall, but couldn't.

That was a great idea & photo. I'm guessing he took 2 images one with the guy & other with just his boots & then masked out the guy during post processing. Would be nice to hear from him.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
A couple of fail attempts during the weekend.
I will need some light setup & something to place the camera on to pull this off. Needed to go to ISO 6400 to get decent exposure at shutter speed of 400.
Any suggestions ?

Camera - Canon S110
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9620&d=1364148799

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9621&d=1364148809

Attachments

• drop 2.jpg
    drop 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 153
  • drop 3.jpg
    drop 3.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
That was a great idea & photo. I'm guessing he took 2 images one with the guy & other with just his boots & then masked out the guy during post processing. Would be nice to hear from him.

Yes i took 2 photos and merged them :p
the Real tough part was that i had no Tripod and also it was a self shot :p

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Happened to click couple of portraits on the occasion of Holi. Posting them.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8595147797_9caf7abf9d_o.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8596248424_f550899532_o.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pranav even a 55-200 can produce that kind of bokeh at f5.6 ....

@medico nice portraits...liked both

@gen the problem in drop shots is
1. you need smaller aperture for everything in focus
2. you need faster shutter speed like 1/200
3. Due to above it becomes very dark soo you need flash

you dont have an option of external flash trigger else i would have suggested you that...I have done quit research on this before but failed coz all shows to trigger the flash from side using wireless trigger

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@medico - Both shots are great.
@sujoyp - Thanks for your comments.
I already had shutter speed of 1/400 with these shots but a tripod or something like that would had made it easier as the kitchen isn't convenient or well lit to do these shots, and then smaller aperture = even less light. I tried this again yesterday with the in-camera flash but the light was pretty weird and it turned out even more fail.

Back to familiar subjects. Got this yesterday.
Please comment / critique.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9679&d=1364447816

Attachments

• IMG_07142.jpg
    IMG_07142.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
flash from the front is total useless....you have to use light from side or top..
yaah 1/400 is good but I said 1/200 coz in DSLR flash sync dont work above 1/250

You can try it in sunlight...It works well like that...just for example
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ggwN2EiGpJI/T0ynFHY5X7I/AAAAAAAAHRg/hL4BnpaC0Qk/s527/DSC_3602.JPG

your above shot is superb...very nice

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Medico, Wonderful bokeh...

Gen,
Canon???

Just that I am expecting more from your Canon. What's the ISO setting in your last photograph (landscape)???

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@sujoyp That water drop shot, did you take that ? Its really good.

Gen,
Canon???

Just that I am expecting more from your Canon. What's the ISO setting in your last photograph (landscape)???
Yeah, Canon for this. ISO 100, F/8, 1/1250sec. Is it a little noisy ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I took that...I have some more...like the one you tried

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qztbYgLI8B8/T0ynC4bS_OI/AAAAAAAAHRY/-XhRUOKZHsw/s640/DSC_3576.JPG

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MEYkGz-cTMI/T1cm6InVevI/AAAAAAAAHSg/d-MK6_wQvWg/s640/DSC_38181111.jpg

Top Bottom