The Photography Thread

lm2k

Journeyman
@marvelousprashant, @sujoyp - thank you.
@marvelousprashant - in the last shot of 3 roses i wanted to try selective lighting to prioritize the flowers according to their appearance , the time was evening but may be i think it didn't work. i tried to fix shadows in LR but it just enhanced details under it, later added a vignette .

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
One (two) of my latest blooms. Got these blooming after three months of sowing the seeds, and after a wait of 5 days. These beauties started blooming around last tuesday, and would bloom when I left for office and would close up before me entering my house. Somehow, I caught and captured these yesterday.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8569194728_32266d0fca_z.jpg
17032013160 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

@lm2k: I wonder how you get that cat strike a pose for you?:shock:
That pink rose is actually looking nice. IMO, you could have tried capturing it somewhere in the morning (i think you've captured it in the evening), or somewhere in the shade. The sunlight, is actually creating a distracting effect, as it is unevenly falling on the flowers/petals.

@ Gen.Libeb: That white bougainvillea is giving a pretty soothing effect to the eyes. Nice capture!

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Cyberkid, Vibrant flower...

Lm2k, I liked the last one more than others. And IQ is good...

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@ Gen.Libeb: That white bougainvillea is giving a pretty soothing effect to the eyes. Nice capture!
Wow.. You know the names of the flowers, I had no idea what it was. Thanks for the comments.
Your flower is cool but as a photo... don't really find it interesting. (the cut off flower & the angle at which the photo is taken could be improved)

@lm2k - The first 2 are quite good.. specially the cat one.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Wow.. You know the names of the flowers, I had no idea what it was. Thanks for the comments.

That because I am a gardener, by hobby.
Your flower is cool but as a photo... don't really find it interesting. (the cut off flower & the angle at which the photo is taken could be improved)
I agree with the second part. Even I found it hard to select one (the best) from a number of shots I took. As for the first part, I'd rather say, you ought to see this flower (Ghazania) in real. It's a delight to look at, as these come in dozens of colours, and even a single flower has about 5-6 colours.

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID @nac @Gen.Libeb - thnx
@CyberKID - i had just given that cat her favourate thing (a cup of shrikhand in this case):-D some how she stayed long enough for me to click a couple of snaps.
also is there a website u use to find the botnical names of u r garden plants? coz i too hav some but we just call them like " lal fool ka paudha" or so:oops:. also i agree with what Gen.Libeb said abt the flowers. they r beautiful but i wud hav loved to see the second one also or just a single one in a frame.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
also is there a website u use to find the botnical names of u r garden plants? coz i too hav some but we just call them like " lal fool ka paudha" or so:oops:. also i agree with what Gen.Libeb said abt the flowers. they r beautiful but i wud hav loved to see the second one also or just a single one in a frame.
Actually, these are not botanical names, but common names, though, most common names are derivatives of the botanical names. In case you want to know more, you can visit Flowers of India. It's an extensive database for plants. Also, you can try using google image search. I use it sometimes when I can't find info about a plant.
As for the other flowers, here you go. The photos I'm posting here belong to the same plant, the lightest one (yellow flower) was about five days old, the medium coloured one was about 3 days old, and the darkest one was just one day old.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8225/8575598324_a9ea260d4f_z.jpg
17032013159 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8574506767_a6e2f188ec_z.jpg
17032013156 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

AJ ADI

Right off the assembly line
"got a cam? Want to use it? Don't know how how to? Sitting idle..."
well..thats how you identify a potential wanna-be-photographer.

Many of us will be having interest in photography and here's an opportunity to share our experiences.
I am soon going to upload some of snaps i took and these were really better than i expected.

I am working on a tutorial from what i have learnt from my experiences and request all experienced/non-experienced member to share their ideas/works.

Just for sample i am uploading some of my work, and i hope you guys will like it.
*yfrog.com/62ogaaaaid3k8dvzbb8c4m9p0j

hey man i need your help..........................................

Please suggest me a camera under 16k........i know that it is too low...
But i am a beginner and i want to start with a p&s camera.
How would rate to this cam:
Canon powershot sx500is.

Help me

toofan

Technomancer
Friends,

In starting of this month, we were in strike so I used this time in taking few photographs. Sharing with you guys for Critiques and comments.

D90+ 35-70mm(reversed) + On camera Flash. thanks..

1. Jeena-Marna Saath Saath.
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8578148544_cb14e2b46a_b.jpg
_DSC8454 by toofan.v, on Flickr

2. Ok starting my day!
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8248/8578148478_0690e5d4e7_b.jpg
_DSC8465 by toofan.v, on Flickr

3. Balancing...
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8577046407_9779bfb574_b.jpg
_DSC8487 by toofan.v, on Flickr

4. Opposite force..
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8520/8577046369_7392dda815_b.jpg
_DSC8500 by toofan.v, on Flickr

5. Big Big Babool..
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8530/8578148388_9643fce295_b.jpg
_DSC8514 by toofan.v, on Flickr

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Toofan: Superb macros mate. Though the first image, whatever it is, it's looking ugly,:p but, the following pictures reflect an awesome work done by you. I'm amazed at the details in the shots captured by you. Nice work.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@toofan - Holy crap, those shots are incredible!! :D
I went through this thread after a very long time, so here's a few oldies from my flickr stream (taken using either a Galaxy SL or Canon A3200IS):

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/7169060681_df5816ee15_z_zps3c349dce.jpg
Full Version

This one was clicked by my fiancee. I only made colour manipulations. :p
*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/6964540893_1e70735499_z_zpsb4ffcf5b.jpg
Full Version

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/6818407014_8d4046a027_z_zps485e12ba.jpg
Full Version

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/6818404378_52217b525b_z_zps35082f61.jpg
Full Version

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/6817988490_55b5a6571f_z_zps160eb670.jpg
Full Version

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID - thnx for the websits, i ll try it. out of the two snaps u posted i liked the first one more.
@toofan - Awsome shots , i like the sharpness and bokeh in each, third one from the top and the last one are my favourate.
@Kl@w-24 -i liked the flowers and the lock and the key shots, nice captures.

Top Bottom