The Photography Thread

chicha

High without substance...
some of the photos i shot with my new Nikon D5000+18-105mm VR Nikkor lens.

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4282405936_7f21dd598b.jpg
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4281430878_750272b41e.jpg

Abhinav gave some final touching to the above photo. i will upload that as well.

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4280845026_e514eb28a9.jpg

tried my hand at sports photography :D thats my cousin with the ball.
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4278193333_874d006ffe.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4278189047_74c76c5490.jpg

i have few more here

critiques and suggestions are welcome. :)

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Stuge: Great Images.

Cool: Full zoom has done the trick. It has blurred the background. I too used the full 10x zoom in my cable wire shot in fog.
But for enhancing the effect of image there should be something else in the image to compliment the water drops or some changed angle.( but you cant do that everytime as cables are tied high up.)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/9526/spidermono.jpg

Spider In my Book shelve.

Its very tricky for my camera to take this Macro shot. Due to low lightning conditions.
When I was using the flash its washing away the image. without flash its too dark. So I wrapped the bubble polythene packaging of my webcam over the flash and made a home made diffuser. And this works for me.
But whenever my camera was too close to the spider the shadow of camera lens is visible in the lower side of Image. But I got the shot.
The spider might be sleeping because he didn't moved during the whole shootout.:))

Vimal thats one WOW shot. good presence of mind with the bubble wrap and all. thats one huge spider. I will never be able shoot spiders, bees or any incests. i have this intense fear :D..

But i think the photo is little just a little underexposed IMO, i am a noob in photography so i might be wrong.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Chicha: Excellent Images. All were superb but the cricket shot is looking ordinary. You should have tried some different angles. the last shot is something special. Is that Processed by Abhinav.
And congrats for you DSLR. How much it costs you and If you in Delhi which shop you purchased.

Yes you got it right that shot is under exposed.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@cool, what are those? light bulbs?

U intentionally took this, hah???
Then I'm an inborn abstract photographer, my most photos are like this :-D

That is a light toran. Yes, it was intentionally blurred. On a serious note, if you try this art of photography & perfect it you can stand out from the crowd. I do mean it Rhitwick.

@toofan- Thanks, I will surely use Spot Metering the next time. Also your spider image is really good & I must say that even I'm a bit timid when it comes to approaching those big creatures :?

chicha

High without substance...
Chicha: Excellent Images. All were superb but the cricket shot is looking ordinary. You should have tried some different angles. the last shot is something special. Is that Processed by Abhinav.
And congrats for you DSLR. How much it costs you and If you in Delhi which shop you purchased.

Yes you got it right that shot is under exposed.

thank you, i agree with the cricket shot, i do not know how to take a good action shot. any suggestions on that? and also my lens does not have the reach to shoot cricket.
none of the posted photos were processed in any way. all are SOOC.
but i will upload the ones that were processed by him when i go home. (posting from office now :) )

@toofan: i got it for 45K in bangalore.
D5000 body
Nikkor 18-105mm f3.5 VR lens
4GB card
Hoya UV filter (67mm)
ugly bag

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: I was born in Hills of Almora. I had lived a village life so may be I don't feel that much about them as they were part of our daily life there.

Chicha: D5000 + 18-105 mm kit lens at 45K is very sweet deal. Is it billed.
And If its Body only and then you bought the lens separately then how much that lens cost you.
And I am amazed by the quality of Images you posted. I thought you retouched them. My god those were just superb quality shots. I must say 18-105 is a sharp lens.

Stuge: why don't you post your images also at jj mehta photographic forum. There are many pros who can find faults in your Images and help you improve even more. We just find your shots excellent every time.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

@ Stuge: you have very good chance here.
*www.fotoflock.com/index.php/photogallery/shooter/buildings-a-structures
Its totally belong to your genre of photography.

@ Others: Also try.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Cool: your bridge shot is superb. Send that there.
I had nothing to send as I haven't taken any structural shots.

Stuge

Youngling
Stuge: why don't you post your images also at jj mehta photographic forum. There are many pros who can find faults in your Images and help you improve even more. We just find your shots excellent every time.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

I'm not very active there :)I don't like the setup of the forum .its more of a buy and sell forum .

I post in thephotographer.in and lot other forums +flickr :):).my camera doesn't support Auto bracketting and I'm f***ked in some sense lol .So ,new camera body +50mm lens in near future for sure :)

also this to me and for you guys .."no picture is a bad picture its upto you how you wanna present with a title :)

:).I want to make a style of my own :)lol'

Too tell you guys I read ebooks + see pictures a lot more than books :)

toofan

Technomancer
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/834/life1.jpg

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/588/lif22l.jpg

*img249.imageshack.us/img249/5143/life3.jpg

Freedom to Ruin the Life!

"no picture is a bad picture its upto you how you wanna present with a title"
Very Well said.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Awesome! I liked the style. I would like to have some more details as to how you took this shot. I don't mean the technical aspects but as to how you shoot it.

Cell Phone - New Organ of Human Body

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4297397392_01b2fb802b.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks Cool.
This person was busy playing Cards and smoking. I saw him zoomed and snapped him. He had no Idea of what i am doing. He was busy in his cards but when he saw me his reactions were very nice. Then he asked me to delete the images, I told him I did.:-D

Yours also a excellent take. Did they realized that you were shooting them. Guess what if they sending sms to each other. That Pillar has added more to the Image. And the sun light form one side is also creating the mood.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I saw the girls sitting & formed an image in my mind. I was with my friends then. I wanted to snap them but all the time one or the other had eyes glued on me. Once I got the opportunity when they both were engrossed in their phones & I took out the camera from my bag & tried to snap. But to my surprise AF failed to lock on. I tried again but it didn't. Finally the AF locked on the 3rd time & I captured the image. Then after sometime I again captured another image from different angle but this one was better of the two. It is really difficult to take pics of people without making them suspicious or feel uneasy. I think I succeeded in this shot so did you. ;)

Stuge

Youngling
Goggle--d

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4297243453_59c1c00eba.jpg

Not sure ,but I have seen many people posting strange portraits from street photography .SO ,I decided to post one too lol,but I still feel morally its not right to do .

Camera used Sony H10 (from photography meet up friend )

post processing :Bokeh Created using Alien Bokeh, as this is where point and shoots lacks a lot .Then picture converted to black and white .

nice work G5 :)

@toofan .awesome series lol

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice stuge but the background is getting in way of the subject's hair. Other than that a good pic none-the-less. By the way, do you use GIMP in your image manipulations?

Stuge

Youngling
Nice stuge but the background is getting in way of the subject's hair. Other than that a good pic none-the-less. By the way, do you use GIMP in your image manipulations?
its other persons hair :D.

With DSLR, bokeh would have been natural ,but not with point and shoot :(I wish I had not left my 70-300mm lens for this meet up :|

in b/w I don't use GIMP .I use Alien bokeh plugin with CS4.

Stuge

Youngling
Pink day

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4300152284_1012c6abbb.jpg

only played with contrast + satutration + borders + title added ,no other post processing done.

Filters: Cokin ND0.9 + B+W ND 110 filters used and got these wacky colour .

With cross processing

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/4300191604_723841fbf9.jpg

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Hi, everyone, I'm back after an absence of some 4 months - been concentrating on some projects. It seems TDF was overhauled during my absence and I have a lot of catching up to do.

I see that The Photography Thread has been made a sticky. Wow. I'll go through the posts when I have more time, perhaps tomorrow.

I have some PMs and visitor's messages that I never even saw until now. My sincere apologies to those who tried to contact me.

I've just posted a request in this section under the thread "Need help getting LEDs for a project". Please read it and see if you think you can help.

chitvan

Journeyman
"Got a cam? want to use it? DOn't know how how to? sitting IDLE..."
Well..thats how you identify a potential wanna-be-photographer.

Many of us will be having interest in photography and here's an opportunity to share our experiences.
I am soon going to upload some of snaps i took and these were really better than i expected.

I am working on a tutorial from what i have learnt from my experiences and request all experienced/non-experienced member to share their ideas/works.

just for sample i am uploading some of my work, and i hope you guys will like it.
*yfrog.com/62ogaaaaid3k8dvzbb8c4m9p0j

Thanks for creating this thread....some amazing talent came out....

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

my try with water droplets....
*img3.orkut.com/images/milieu/1242499831/1255357050259/54874635/ep/Z17dlbun.jpg?ver=1255357050&sig=to3146

Click o image to see in full view....

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

some more snaps from my Photography gear...

*img1.orkut.com/images/milieu/1262590363/1262619883799/54874635/of/Z1wn96qj.jpg?ver=1262619884&sig=vgqiey *img1.orkut.com/images/milieu/1262590363/1262615631155/54874635/tu/Z13jrv5k.jpg?ver=1262615631&sig=1pqmh0u

*img1.orkut.com/images/milieu/1208425960/1261546540519/54874635/ep/Z19i4ys3.jpg?ver=1261546540&sig=19ohorf *img4.orkut.com/images/milieu/1208425960/1248026894589/54874635/ep/Z1ky1k9x.jpg?ver=1248026894&sig=1yyl4fu

Click on above pics to get full view....

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAAW-x5SALMA3qygupFtfuQexmTEKfUzmXES8YMjHTE3ApvILBvpTW3PFqYj_956qC2MKzqgLtkCuVquq4Ur7TgEAm1T1UM_VFZDL4yiBnULm1YdwQYxlhrP3.jpg

Top Bottom