The Photography Thread

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^haha that is hilarious
@toofan: great pic. Must say this again, you are really awesome at taking portraits.

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks Anoroin.

Stuge: Nice capture. And nicely processed.

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/5870/dropsmono.jpg
*img15.imageshack.us/img15/2387/dropsk.jpg
My Terrace in Fog!

Which Version you like please tell me. Comments and critiques welcome.

Stuge

Youngling
Fog fog everywhere

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/4290724289_c7c0dd527b.jpg

I have patched the road slightly as It was looking junk in the picture.Gosh dirty commonweath work

@toofan ..I liked both the pictures

toofan

Technomancer
*img25.imageshack.us/img25/3518/cablewire.jpg

Drops in Cable Wire.

This cable wire goes from my Doordarshan Antena to The Next House. I zoomed full and then focused the water drops in the wire.

Shooting Mode Manual
My Colors Mode Vivid
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/250
Av (Aperture Value) 4.3
Light Metering Center Weighted Avg.
ISO Speed 100
Lens 6.0 - 60.0 mm
Focal Length 60.0 mm

toofan

Technomancer
Cool thanks for your valuable true critics.
Actually I didn't did anything special in that Image. I just increased the contrast in it and added a border. This shot comes all natural.

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/6251/mistyday.jpg

In this Image I get attracted by the bold colors of the leaves in Fog. Its all misty these days in North India. Critics and comments welcome.

Thanks Stuge for the Information. What this 10 mm means. Which lense.

Stuge

Youngling
@toffan :its taken with my Wide angle 10-24mm lens @10mm .Some people call 10mm to be semi-fish eye due to barrel distortion(though its a not a actually fish eye lens ).A true fish eye captures 180 deg of area though .

10 is equivalent to 15mm on 35mm format or full frame format :)

I haven't seen point and shoot going wider than 27.5mm (Fujifilm one ) .Many Good canon pns are 28mm wide .

toofan

Technomancer
@toffan :its taken with my Wide angle 10-24mm lens @10mm .Some people call 10mm to be semi-fish eye due to barrel distortion(though its a not a actually fish eye lens ).A true fish eye captures 180 deg of area though .

10 is equivalent to 15mm on 35mm format or full frame format :)

I haven't seen point and shoot going wider than 27.5mm (Fujifilm one ) .Many Good canon pns are 28mm wide .

10-24 mm lens are very costly. You lucky & wealthy man.:-D

Thanks for the Information. One dought I had always. How to convert any focal length equivalent to 35mm. I know that a full frame camera is a 35 mm film size. Am I right?
Please throw some light on this also.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Now the second image is good as it atleast gives the feel of a chilly morning. I love such weather.
The cable gives me a feeling of a ropeway down to the another building. Maybe a small ropeway for ants :D

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4292754937_e7c0cf4259_o.jpg

@Toofan - How is this? Upon seeing your image I recollected that I too shot a image of water drops on a cable though from a different perspective as the cable was not close by me. The shot was taken using full 10x zoom on my camera.

Stuge

Youngling
Waiting for Fog to passby :)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2691/4293644796_c9e1c4f74b.jpg

in the first picture I'm the model :p

clicked using remote

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4292899733_09ec971feb.jpg

@ we're infected with wire abstracts these days on thinkdigit :p :D

For APS-C sensor multiply the focal length with 1.5 for nikon and 1.6 or Canon.

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: Great Images.

Cool: Full zoom has done the trick. It has blurred the background. I too used the full 10x zoom in my cable wire shot in fog.
But for enhancing the effect of image there should be something else in the image to compliment the water drops or some changed angle.( but you cant do that everytime as cables are tied high up.)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/9526/spidermono.jpg

Spider In my Book shelve.

Its very tricky for my camera to take this Macro shot. Due to low lightning conditions.
When I was using the flash its washing away the image. without flash its too dark. So I wrapped the bubble polythene packaging of my webcam over the flash and made a home made diffuser. And this works for me.
But whenever my camera was too close to the spider the shadow of camera lens is visible in the lower side of Image. But I got the shot.
The spider might be sleeping because he didn't moved during the whole shootout.:))

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - I thought so as it would be very difficult to get someone to stand still for so long. :razz: Though very nice image as always.

@toofan - Not only 10x zoom worked but manual focus too. Autofocus was not able to lock on the thin cable. :D

@rhitwick - This one is for you :)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4293495452_2cd5444e8a_o.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@cool, what are those? light bulbs?

U intentionally took this, hah???
Then I'm an inborn abstract photographer, my most photos are like this :-D

Top Bottom