The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yeah, you are right azeem.
I didn't think much before shooting the snap as I was browsing at around 2 in the night.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Amazing shot toofan. The kid looks really charming. That innocent look thrown me into oblivion. I will keep this in my vault. Once again.. amazing shot.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
my friend took these photos at a old temple..

*i46.tinypic.com/23h4lxz.jpg

*i47.tinypic.com/353drp5.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

Vamsi : the 2nd image is really good..

Last edited by a moderator:

Krow

Crowman
@ MANOfJosh Good one, but try and keep the subject to one side of the frame and see. AFAI have noticed, the overall effect is much better. :)

@ Vamsi I think he should have concentrated on the temple instead of mountains in the 2nd one, but the first one is nice. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks guys.

Vamsi: Beautiful. Which place is this. The first one is on spot. If the subject in the second one would be more in frame then it would have looked much better.

@Manofjosh: Nice one dear.

@cool: I liked your mobile shot and its wallpaper. It represents you website I think.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes Toofan that's my website. :)

By the way guys I have launched my photo portfolio on my website just now. Really excited about it. Waiting for suggestions & your comments on the same.

Check out my Photo Portfolio

D

Deleted member 26636

Hey Cool G5 : i checked your photography portfolio...the layout is very good but can't the preview be a little bigger? the thumbnails are fine but i think the magnified images are not large enough..

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
I was playing with my cam and then mom came and served this...

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/8935/img0134t.th.jpg

And Yes, guys I also want to know about the battery consumption of Canon SX 110/120 IS. I am asking this coz my SX 120 is not giving the intended back up of 100-125 shots (as mentioned in the manual). In actual I am getting the back up of meager 15-20 shots when using new Duracell batteries, that is pathetic :-(.

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
Yes Toofan that's my website. :)

By the way guys I have launched my photo portfolio on my website just now. Really excited about it. Waiting for suggestions & your comments on the same.

Check out my Photo Portfolio

Congratulations Gaurav, for the fresh look of your website and, yes your portfolio looks cool... All the best dude!

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: Nice work there. And yes nice website. But one thing about the website. The font used in the navigation menu below the header is not looking good. For me its too bold. Just confirm this with someone else as it may be due to my taste.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hey Cool G5 : i checked your photography portfolio...the layout is very good but can't the preview be a little bigger? the thumbnails are fine but i think the magnified images are not large enough..

For the preview to be large I will need to re-upload all the images again to my Flickr account in big size. I can't do this now. Also I need to take care of limited bandwidth users who pay for each MB they use. You may have seen better photography portfolio than that on my site but do note those heavy flash based sites eat up bandwidth much faster. My site won't do that. :)

I was playing with my cam and then mom came and served this...

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/8935/img0134t.th.jpg

And Yes, guys I also want to know about the battery consumption of Canon SX 110/120 IS. I am asking this coz my SX 120 is not giving the intended back up of 100-125 shots (as mentioned in the manual). In actual I am getting the back up of meager 15-20 shots when using new Duracell batteries, that is pathetic :-(.

The image would have been more better if shot from above. My mouth is watering now. :D

I suggest you to try with another pair of batteries(not duracell but Sony or Panasonic preferably over 2000mah) since 15-20 shots is pathetic. I don't think camera is at fault.

Congratulations Gaurav, for the fresh look of your website and, yes your portfolio looks cool... All the best dude!

-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Cool: Nice work there. And yes nice website. But one thing about the website. The font used in the navigation menu below the header is not looking good. For me its too bold. Just confirm this with someone else as it may be due to my taste.

You can change the font of the size by clicking on the A, A+ & A- buttons on top left corner of the site. Try it & report back.

Last edited:

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
@Cool G5, krow, toofan, Thanks for your comments

How about the following one, old one too. I took from K750i

Hope u'll like this one too

*i48.tinypic.com/hvpamr.jpg

Sunrise @ Kanyakumari

*i45.tinypic.com/66xo3c.jpg

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
Title :Colourful Elephants :)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/4121565493_7566bf76af.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Toofan :nice pictures .amazing :)
@azzu :good picture :do some processing man :)
@vamsi :nice picture s:) 1st one is good :)
@manof josh .nice sunset

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@MANofjosh - Nice pics but you can post process them to bring out more vibrant colors.

@stuge - Liked the DOF in this shot. Was this shot taken in macro range?

Top Bottom