The Photography Thread

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
@coolchop, try removing the datestamp. I liked the peacock and the silver showpiece.

Thx Krow and Toofan. I'll take care of that next time, I was so excited to post it on this forum that I never thought about that.

Stuge

Youngling
Title :purplish Day !

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/4096174000_a62297ac8c_b.jpg

This picture is from my archives of Trip to Gwalior 2007 .

Camera used :Canon Powershot A540(I don't have this camera anymore )

Pictures post processed in CS4 accordingly .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Anorion :what about flickr ?I Guess only pro account will allow you to do it .
aimages look awesome ,but they are too small to realish .

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
@coolChop: Second one is very nice and I liked the third one also. But the forth image of Mouse has some white balancing problems I think.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Congrats for buying a good camera. how much that it cost you.

I agree Toofan, but that was my first shot using this camera (and that cost me Rs. 14800 + 50 free prints). I was playing with the Manual Control and it was the best composition I was able to make. If I was trying to adjust the Aperture and the Shutter speed other than the current one, the image was getting blurry due to camera shake at the time of shutter click.
Posted again:

Stuge, you WERE and you ARE a rockstar!! Love ur shots....

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@Krow: both are same and sharp.

@anaroin: Superb shots. I posted my panaroma of Himalya in Image shack. I don;t have any problem. It is 2000 pixcles wide.

@Stuge: Again Just beautiful.

Krow

Crowman
^Please resize the pics to 640x480 before posting. That makes it very easy to view here. What is that and how have youtaken the pic?

The effort is really good. But, the golden line of light on the right hand side of the image is distracting. try to crop it maybe...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Anorion - I agree with stuge. Nice pics but too small to enjoy. Try photobucket or flickr.

The lightpainting was done with Canon Powershot SX100 IS digital camera. I kept the shutter speed to 5 secs & a timer of 10 secs. The noncomplicated alphabets like 'A' or 'V' were done in the first attempt itself but the 'G' & 'R' required me to try 2-3 times before getting them right. This is my first attempt will have to practise more.

@gigacore - Yeah now the picture talks. :razz: Did you took the picture with flash on? If yes, switch it off as the light of flash fallen on far right end of the CD stack is not looking good. I loved the background. Seems like a chair or a sofa. :) BTW what you need so much CD/DVD's for? Piracy? Bad... Bad... :razz:

@stuge - Neat work again.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@cool g5, It's not flash man, it was my attempt to take this shot in multiple light source. I used a mirror to reflect light from opposite side of this pic.. that's the culprit in this pic..

and those are all Developer IQ CDs :p

Krow

Crowman
@coolG5: great lightpainting! how long was the shutter open? and which cam? how many attempts before you got it?

@Krow: the second rose is really great, nothing distracting in the background

Posting some of my Panos. Didnt know the automerge feature for most of em. Cyberjunkie told me about it, works great mostly because you cant make out mismatches in sky and foliage. However, the wires got tripped in one image. BTW, I had to resize the images heavily. Does anyone know a photosharing site that lets you upload large and heavy images in odd dimensions? Or one meant specifically for sharing panos?

Great work both of you. Anorion the pics are a bit too small. I would like to see them with more height.
Posted again:
*img97.imageshack.us/img97/8255/dsc05069n.jpg
Taken from a car moving at about 80kmph.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Krow: One request Please don't quote image on the same page. The page took time to load.

GigaCore: Nice image. Red background has made it look beautiful.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@toofan: thank you.

This should fix that glare:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2421/4097739400_98cb4c118f_m.jpg

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Krazzy Warrior - Thanks :)

@giga - Now the image looks great.

@krow - I can't seem to make out what you wish to tell the viewer. Please elaborate.

toofan

Technomancer
*canvera.com/betterphotography/

Check this guys. This will fascinate Stuge and cool more then anyone else.

toofan

Technomancer
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/3349/pinetree.jpg*img99.imageshack.us/img99/3504/pinetreemono.jpg

Pine!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Nicely done. Have you darkened the sky on the top right? It would have been better without that IMO. But great pic! :)

Top Bottom