The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
City of Lakes -Udaipur [Panoramic -> consists of two images ]

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/4091689945_19bc42515e_b.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you guys liked the picture :)
Well,I've one more picture of City palace to post that I will after this .THat pc will help you guys in understanding the ratio of building to sky .

@toofan : you forgot to give me bigger image of mountain for editing :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Great to see this thread being made sticky :) Thanks anorion or whoever made it.

@toofan - Number toh nahi liya. They were elder to me by 2-3 yrs. :(
Hope you catch the butterfly soon or if not that butterfly some other butterflies in your locality ;)

@stuge - You're truly superb. Another excellent image of yours for us to look & ogle at :)

toofan

Technomancer
@stuge: You show the real power of a DSLR and vision of a photographer.
oh sorry I will be doing it tomorrow. And after the pp please let us all the steps you did so that we too could learn a bit from you.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/4091800293_68404dc0ca_o.jpg

I was about to drink Appy Fizz at midnight but just when I poured it into a glass the golden liquid struck my eye & I thought why not photograph it. Not getting a conducive background I kept a blue folder behind the object which were kept on a small table. I brought my tripod & was shooting. Suddenly my sister arrives & tells me to also photography the dairy milk chocolate. I keep it close to the glass supported by my mobile which cannot be seen in the picture. I take some pics & finally In notice that it has been around 30 mins or so & my drink has lost all the fizz. Still I was happy with the shot that the fizzless drink still satisfied me. :)

toofan

Technomancer
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/8100/coolcolor.jpg

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/6193/coolglass.jpg

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/4475/coolmono.jpg

Friends I can't control myself after viewing the fantastic shot from CoolG5 so I just practiced my hands on that image. Please comment which you like the most. and what should be done and what not.

Krow

Crowman
the dairy milk looks distracting to me... Good shot still though. toofan the pp in first two is unfinished, in the glass above the appy. That blue looks distracting

toofan

Technomancer
*img231.imageshack.us/img231/742/himalayafrombus.jpg

This shot is taken from the bus near Kausani.

Krow: I thought it was looking good but you are right.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan - Please impart some of your PP knowledge on me. Out of the 3 images you made, I liked the first one but wish there was no blue tinge on the glass.

Today I was doing some slow shutter photography as the rain meant no hangouts with friends. Will post them tomorrow.

The bus was moving still you got a good shot. Nice toofan. Keep it up. :)

@krow - Yeah I know that choco bar is distracting but took the shot for my sis. :) I have taken a shot sans the choco bar. Will post it later.

toofan

Technomancer
@Cool: For me Darymilk is actually adding some depth to the image. Otherwise the eyes would would be searching for something else to compliment the image. This may be termed as the "with respect to" type of thing.

toofan

Technomancer
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/8264/coolcolor2.jpg

Here I tried again to remove the bluecolor of glass and give it a more natural look But I am just learning.
Cool here are my steps.
1. Started by Creating new layer and removed the spots in the table and glass.
2. Created a curve adjustment layer and added contrast and a bit yellow and red to the image.
3. Created a mask of glass and table by selecting with quick selection tool and created a gradient tool so that only the background chanes.
4. Refined the mask to show the glass in effect of background.
5. Mearged all the layers in top.
6. added some more contrast for puch.
6. Increased the brightness in the glass by masking it.
7. Again merged it to top.
8. Added sharpness from unsharp mask.
9. Added the inside boder from layer styles.

All this has been done in Photoshop CS4.

Hope this will help you and others in understanding the PP and you can also point me out that I have done this or that or not have done this or that.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
But don't forget to resize them low in size.

hmm... i am no newbie.. anyway thanks for the info :p

Here's one.. taken on C510.

*photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs037.snc3/12466_1247279631343_1510008268_660874_7812153_n.jpg

I'm not a pro like you guys. Will just take some snaps for fun :D

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
thanks man! and btw.. sorry. couldn't reply to ur mail.. pretty busy with freaking exams... will spare some time for it later...

Krow

Crowman
*img199.imageshack.us/img199/4850/dsc05128q.jpg
Me against the sky.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*img510.imageshack.us/img510/9954/dsc05298n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom