The Photography Thread

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Sry buddy, but its the best i can get from my digicam.. has no manual exposure control.
Sry for the casual snap.. :(

toofan

Technomancer
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/2946/rainbus.jpg

@ Cool: Tele converter is a type of magnification glass that can be used in front of lens to increase its zooming capability. Say if its 1.6x then it will be X times the zoom you are using. For my camera if I use full 10x then it will become 16x.
But I can;t use that because my camera don't support that.

But Panasonic ones do. Panasonic FZ28 supports tele converter and It has spirals made in front of the lens to attach that.

@stuge: I had to break my screen now to eat your cake. Or will you parcel it to me on depawali.

@INS: good shot. The color during the sunrise is blending with the mist so beautifully. You can't control the limitations of your camera. But you can do some Post Processing on that shot to make is more attractive and hide the flaws in it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Awesome! Now even my mouth has began to water :D

@Toofan - Does teleconverter depreciate the image quality? I think teleconverter should come handy when shooting very distant objects like the moon.

toofan

Technomancer
No quality loss. Yes they are indeed very good for wild life and distant photography. Are you going to use them with your camera. if yes then how?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No quality loss. Yes they are indeed very good for wild life and distant photography. Are you going to use them with your camera. if yes then how?

My Camera does supports teleconverters. I don't have any clue about the price but if its not for a fortune then I'm surely getting one.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/4004129354_fe292816d8_o.jpg

The above shot was taken on the day when the Bandra-Worli Sealink in Mumbai was thrown open for public. It was taken from a garden on Dadar Coast. The time was around 7:40 AM. I remember the elders in the park giving a weird look while I was snapping & they were taking their morning walk. :mrgreen:

Krow

Crowman
Looks like some weird woman is in the tree. ;) Its a nice show of symmetry, maybe would have been a but better if more light would have been present.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It was foggy since it was morning time & that's the reason for low light. I tried with different exposure but still I think this is the best picture possible.

Krow

Crowman
Yes, I understood that by having a look at the clouds. But somehow, the picture looks a bit gloomy to me because of the clouds. As if the future of the Sealink was dark. Anyway, its just my imagination maybe. I liked the symmetry and the tree which is at the best place it could be in the pic. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice Imagination.
I feel a relaxed looked in this picture. Different people, Different Imagination.
I never saw the dark side until you pointed it out. ;)

Offtopic - The sealink future seems to be very bright since sooner BEST buses services will start over it & also David Coulthard breached the 100km/hr speed limit in the yesterday's Redbull SpeedLink where he clocked 260km/hr :D Its going to be a cash cow for the authorities once the second lane becomes operational.

Stuge

Youngling
hmm Generally sharpness tends to decrease, and increase in stops by 2 .ie f2.8 --> f4.Therfore shooting in dark becomes a problem .I mean lens becomes slower with teleconvertors .

My Camera does supports teleconverters. I don't have any clue about the price but if its not for a fortune then I'm surely getting one.

read the above .In b/w which camera + lens system are you using ?

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: he is having cannons sx100IS.

@Cool: Please provide the link regarding these tele-converters. I am not finding any thing regarding cannon tele converts.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I had seen somewhere. I'm also not finding it. :(
Some sites mention Digital Teleconverter. Now hearing the word digital spells disaster something like digital zoom.

toofan

Technomancer
Yes, I understood that by having a look at the clouds. But somehow, the picture looks a bit gloomy to me because of the clouds. As if the future of the Sealink was dark. Anyway, its just my imagination maybe. I liked the symmetry and the tree which is at the best place it could be in the pic. :)

Cool this is the power of photography. Your Image make him think so much. Means you images is very very impressive.
You can provide a little warmth to that Image and then see the mood of image changes easily.

toofan

Technomancer
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/4004129354_fe292816d8_o.jpg

*img67.imageshack.us/img67/7742/coolg5.jpg

I don't know what effect/mood its creating but it can be best judged by you.
Just for my practice I had just balanced the colors and then added a warmth filter.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Now I'm feeling the image to be spooky :D
Thanks for the appreciation guys. You help me to improve my work.

Krow

Crowman
Toofan just time traveled that pic. From early morning to evening. :) Somehow, the sealink does not look glorious to me or maybe I do need a doctor. Its good and its just IMO. The sealink has been overhyped with great photography IMO. Great to catch a different mood of it, when its shed its makeup.

Offtopic: I'm thinking of the sealink like I would of a celeb. I need a doctor I think. ;)

Top Bottom