The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - You mean some post processing? Yeah & I too loved the unfocussed image as I did comment of it being nice earlier on.

@krazzy_warrior - Thanks. But still not a PRO. Have lots to learn dear :)

@stuge - Nice image. But I still feel you keep a lot of positive space.

@vamsi_krishna - Second one is nice. Looks like a good camera mobile since I can see almost no noise in the image. Which phone? Is that N73?

Stuge

Youngling
:)

@stuge - Nice image. But I still feel you keep a lot of positive space.
?

positive space ??
or sky you wanna say ??well ,its a part of composition ,and for landscape its neccessary .Landscape photography isn't easy ,as I use to feel 5 years back .lot of things comes into like ,time ,weather (cloud cover or not ) ,light ,rainly season,fog cover ,and many other things .

IMO you guys should join flickr or deviant art etc .I felt some of you have learnt basics nicely like you ,toofan,just to name a few .Anyway ,photography is very subjective ,few will like your work, and few will not .

regarding your picture is concerned :sharpen it a bit .for some reasoon filler is killing the picture :(

@chicha: IMO it will better off if you borrow point and shot from someone for a week or so, before you get dslr .Learn the basics first .keep in mind post processing is somewhat must with dlsr, that is not so with point and shoot .As images tend to be more saturated ,sharp .....straight out of the camera .(this is my personal experiance ).I'm not trying to terrorize you ..its just a little tip for you :).

In between what kind of pictures you are planning to capture ?

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
i already have a point and shoot canon A620.and i understand the post processing need, but i am not good at that yet, i started learning that as well. personally i never like to do any kind of touch up to the snaps i take.
these are few of the photos i took, some are from my canon A620, some from sony and few from FujiFilm(my friend's) none of these are DSLR. i do not remember any shooting details of these. there are few more i will upload the best ones.

i am giving a flickr link. sorry for that, i still have not figured out how to put the photos here.
*www.flickr.com/photos/45599842@N03/
please do comment here or there :D

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

@Stuge i like macro as well as wild life photography. i am interested in photography in general, as i progress with my skills, i want to make fashion photography as my professional hobby.

Stuge

Youngling
@chicha :thats what I was saying ..point and shoot doesn't need pp (mostly ) ,as pictures are saved in jpeg ,but in dslr things become different (user is given more control over camera ).

or read here

*www.google.co.in/#hl=en&source=hp&...t+and+shoot+vs+dslr+sooc+&fp=9ebc5a1dc1efdb7e

nothing to confuse ,just to make myself clear :)

for wildlife photography(including birds ) , 70-300mm lens suggested will be very short ,but it is must to have 70-300mm lens (better if you can get VR one )

for macro you will need macro lenses (as you know ) like 90mm or 105 mm,nikon has recently launched 85mm lens for APS-C sensors only .

anyway ,start of with general photography with kit lens (keep in mind that polarisers aren't easy to use with nikon kit lens ,as front glass rotates during focusing ).

in b/w ask as many question you have in your mind .Everyone here will try to help you :).If you ask me start of with a decent cheaper body ,and spend more on lenses initially (lenses will make all the difference ).

also ,I have added you on yahoo :)

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@chicha: Very Nice work. Some are just excellent. You should buy a DSLR and start learning form it. You can get many e books easily on net and you know the way to find them. if you need some I will give you the links.

And the best book to learn is the Manual of The camera itself. And then comes your friends.

My thinking is that we Indian don't have that much money to upgrade very soon. If you buy a entry level DSLR today then after one year you will be looking for more advance features as you know more about photography by then. so why not to buy a mid range gear for the start so that you can get a mix bag of performance and features.

chicha

High without substance...
@chicha: Very Nice work. Some are just excellent. You should buy a DSLR and start learning form it. You can get many e books easily on net and you know the way to find them. if you need some I will give you the links.

And the best book to learn is the Manual of The camera itself. And then comes your friends.

My thinking is that we Indian don't have that much money to upgrade very soon. If you buy a entry level DSLR today then after one year you will be looking for more advance features as you know more about photography by then. so why not to buy a mid range gear for the start so that you can get a mix bag of performance and features.
thank you, if you or any one could just tell me which pic was good and how i can improve my skills further i would be very happy. i have few more which i will upload as soon as i find where they are.
and you are correct about upgarding. i am trying to get D90 man but i think its too expensive and as some one had suggested i could get better lens later on, and once i know about photography and post editing i will be able to invest on a better cam. but i think D90 is expensive for me :( how much will it be in grey market? that and D5000?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

@stuge thank you man, i am here to improve my skills and i am very happy that there are fellow photographers to help me. and i would love the links that you are talking about. and i do not use yahoo so much. add me in gmail

krishna.aditya85@gmail.com

can you please check my photostream in flickr i welcome critics as much as compliments :D if possible please comment in flickr :D thank you

V

vastya

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/2981/honeybee2.jpg

Same Honey bee. She posed for me for about 5 mins.
Now this one is sharp.

Actually I know that the first shot was out of focus because I get too close to it. And I had not much time to adjust it manually as the bee can fly any time. But after watching the result in PC screen. I got fascinated by the effect that off focus has created.

Stuge: Beautiful !

Cool: Nice Image. And can look much better with some treatment or some different tone.

Chicha: go for Nikon D90 with Kit lens. It will be around 60 to 62 k with one year warranty. *www.jjmehta.com/webshop/index.html is selling it for 68 k with 2 year warrenty and 4 gb card+ Camera pouch+ UV filters.
Lens:
Other then kit lens
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8: prime Rs7000.00
Nikkor AF Zoom 70-300mm f/4--5.6G for 7000.00
You can buy these lens later if you have low budget right now.

And in streets these will be much cheaper. or you can go for Sigma Version of lenses these too are very good performance wise.
@toofan gr8t pic mate lovd it.. gud depth of field man.. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@chica - Give me URL to your flickr a/c. I'll add you up.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Another AUTO shot from my early days of photography. It feels so nice to digg up your archive & revisit all those old memories. :)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4190018849_70b30c5fb8_o.jpg

Touched up colors a bit in GIMP.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Hello Everyone,

Amazing... I was just checking this forum after a long time when this thread pulled my attention. Like everyone else here, I'm also a fan of photography but its just a hobby. Now a total noob, I am planning to buy a good camera. These days my mobile cam is my friend (SE K550i). Let me post few of my snaps taken with my mobile cam. Please post your valuable comments.

Here you go...

No PP. Only added border with Picnik.

*lh5.ggpht.com/_jQTJWDo8Vto/SykpDLeLPDI/AAAAAAAAAtY/cOFfqdlDUyw/s800/DSC00278.jpg

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Vastya: thanks friend.
Cool: where did you find that lotus. For shooting lotus i have to go to Nakuchiya Tal 5 km ahead of Bhimtal. And I haven't gone there since I bought the camera.

Suberatabera: Good shot. There is nothing wrong about this shot. And the border had added more to the image.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Stuge, Cool and others: what shutter speed is needed to freeze the Honey Bees. These are in plenty these days over the mustard flower in my garden. I had taken some shots will post later. But I was not able to freeze them.

toofan

Technomancer
Not Impressive. No composition. No vision. Nothing.
I am angry because you didn't resized them and wasted my bandwidth. If you have just posted the thumbnails that would be enough.

Try to visualize what you want to shoot and how it should look.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Vastya: thanks friend.
Cool: where did you find that lotus. For shooting lotus i have to go to Nakuchiya Tal 5 km ahead of Bhimtal. And I haven't gone there since I bought the camera.

Stuge, Cool and others: what shutter speed is needed to freeze the Honey Bees. These are in plenty these days over the mustard flower in my garden. I had taken some shots will post later. But I was not able to freeze them.

I spotted the Lotus on Bandra Fort near Bandra Bandstand. I haven't anytime captured a honeybee but feel one should not shoot below 1/250th of a second.

Stuge

Youngling
*img44.imageshack.us/img44/7307/41927034860e0520f09a.jpg

Warning :if you have a dark monitor colors will look different

hehe wanted to play with vamsi shot in a different way :p

high pass filter
-saturation increased
-contrast increased
-used the given filters in CS4 :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom