The Photography Thread

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Thank you. The uncompressed image of the above can be found here. TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Another one.
*s12.postimg.org/z6sl5mbjx/12015_06_10_134809_273_tonemapped.jpg
*postimage.org/

why not 360 degree?
you can also try other projections. Great setting for planet panorama.
*i.imgur.com/hd9KvYn.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What kinda crop would be better for this photograph?

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_6499_zpsy1rise7w.jpg

Tried this one, guess you guys could do it better. You can hijack this post to PP thread and post your crop.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/db0cfba0-f3cb-4928-8221-8256b096f552_zpsm2kbvakp.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=15209]quan chi[/MENTION] ..thats a very clean shot..nice clouds
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] square is never prefered...but flower is right at center of your image..soo I think 1st one is fine

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hey guys,I have a 20 year old EOS 500 in full working condition,my friend suggested I use more of that just to do "blind photography" ie without the lcd screen etc and improve my skills further(I have a 1200D with 18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm F1.8 Prime, Tamron 28-200mm)
so I thought about using it just as an experiment but rolls and batteries are both pricey and limited
Is solution such as a digital film or something which will allow me to shoot without a normal roll?

I really loved this camera but I barely used it after my 1st digital camera and since my 1200D,its lying unused
also is there a cheaper roll which can be refilled or can I use a scanner or something to get the negatives on my computer?
Im a total newbie when it comes to rolls etc

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@nac, for shots with blooms, I prefer those with contrasting backgrounds. So, to me too, the original shot looks good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,I have a 20 year old EOS 500 in full working condition,my friend suggested I use more of that just to do "blind photography" ie without the lcd screen etc and improve my skills further(I have a 1200D with 18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm F1.8 Prime, Tamron 28-200mm)
so I thought about using it just as an experiment but rolls and batteries are both pricey and limited
Is solution such as a digital film or something which will allow me to shoot without a normal roll?

I really loved this camera but I barely used it after my 1st digital camera and since my 1200D,its lying unused
also is there a cheaper roll which can be refilled or can I use a scanner or something to get the negatives on my computer?
Im a total newbie when it comes to rolls etc
I dpn't really think the film rolls will get you through. Since, as you mentioned, they are not that cheap, plus, you have to get them developed before you could use them for any purpose. Extracting the roll directly from the cam in light will damage the rolls and photos contained on them, since film rolls are photo reactive.
Better use the 1200D without the LCD viewfinder. I love doing that more than using the LCD screen to compose my pictures.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
@nac, for shots with blooms, I prefer those with contrasting backgrounds. So, to me too, the original shot looks good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I dpn't really think the film rolls will get you through. Since, as you mentioned, they are not that cheap, plus, you have to get them developed before you could use them for any purpose. Extracting the roll directly from the cam in light will damage the rolls and photos contained on them, since film rolls are photo reactive.
Better use the 1200D without the LCD viewfinder. I love doing that more than using the LCD screen to compose my pictures.

hmm thats sad,I really was deadly curious to use my 500N again :(
especially since its mirror seems to be full frame(my other lenses dont fit on it,only my original 28-200mm and my new 50mm f1.8 fit on it)
maybe its time for me to get a full frame dslr next :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
my friend suggested I use more of that just to do "blind photography" ie without the lcd screen etc and improve my skills further
You mean forcing you to use just the VF or shooting with no VF/LCD? Whatever it is you can do with your DSLR... But if you fancy SLR, buy a roll and try once.

Thank you. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You mean forcing you to use just the VF or shooting with no VF/LCD? Whatever it is you can do with your DSLR... But if you fancy SLR, buy a roll and try once.

Thank you. :)

yeah just wanted to try it out out of curiosity
but rolls are pricey and I think maybe im better off with my 1200D

sujoyp

Grand Master
as cyberkid said its better to drop the plan to use film cameras for playing ...it will be too costly to get roll, print etc

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
as cyberkid said its better to drop the plan to use film cameras for playing ...it will be too costly to get roll, print etc

yeah,or maybe ill have to wait for someone to make a cmos sensor film roll or something (for eg the unfinished Digipod or Silicon Film's E-film both never really took off)

Btw how good are action cameras for regular photos? such as family "selfie" shots while travelling etc as an add on to my 1200D of course
or should I buy a used dslr (for use with my existing lenses,but for my mom) so 2 dslrs while travelling

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
yeah,or maybe ill have to wait for someone to make a cmos sensor film roll or something (for eg the unfinished Digipod or Silicon Film's E-film both never really took off)

Btw how good are action cameras for regular photos? such as family "selfie" shots while travelling etc as an add on to my 1200D of course
or should I buy a used dslr (for use with my existing lenses,but for my mom) so 2 dslrs while travelling
What is an action cam? Go pro types? I suggest that you get a cool easy to use 10x zoom type cam. That covers almost everything.

Else just get a selfie stick and use that excellent mobile cam

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
What is an action cam? Go pro types? I suggest that you get a cool easy to use 10x zoom type cam. That covers almost everything.

Else just get a selfie stick and use that excellent mobile cam

Yeah go pro type
actually I have the Xiaomi Yi action camera in mind
costs like 4-5k and has a Sony 16mp Exmor
my main purpose is that normal 10x zoom cameras,phone cameras or even my dslr lenses cant take very wide shots
My friends Go Pro Hero 3 takes really wide shots

Top Bottom