The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
some time ago there was discussion on composition
this covers all the important rules in 3 minutes with great examples
Thanks for the link, Anu. *fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/190/6/8/Thank_You_Very_Much_Sign_by_Mirz123.gif

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
After some attempts got the stars right atleast...edited and unedited version

*i.imgur.com/1LaBUM9.jpg

*i.imgur.com/d8zlI6W.jpg

$hadow

Geek in making
great pics [MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION]. But that 2nd pic has some exposure problem or that house went on fire:-D

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Actually the second pic is the unedited version. There was too much light in that house. And to get the stars I had to bump up the exposure. The first pic is edited one with low exposure on the house. A version of the second one.

$hadow

Geek in making
Actually the second pic is the unedited version. There was too much light in that house. And to get the stars I had to bump up the exposure. The first pic is edited one with low exposure on the house. A version of the second one.

Yeah the second one look just awesome. Good work man :-D

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys, finally I have decided to get myself a dSLR. Now which one in the budget is a headache. I'd like suggestions from you guys, and what better than in the photography thread itself? Earlier I was looking at the Canon EOS 600D and then the 700D, but while trying to make a final decision, I'm now confused as Nikon's offerings appear to give a better bang for the buck. Here I'm talking about the D5200 and D5300. The 600D and the D5200 with 18-55mm kit lens are available around 33-34K on FK, while 700D and D5300 with the same 18-55mm kit lens are available at 42-46K. Comparing both, the 600D and 700D and the D5200 and D5300 there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, in both brands' newest offering, barring a few things, like touch screen in 700D vs none in other three, onboard GPS and WiFi in D5300 vs none in any of the three.

The deciding factor for me were the marginally larger sensors on the Nikon cameras, more AutoFocus points, and better image quality, a number of camera comparision sites say, Nikon ones have. Though, since the beginning I have been inclined towards Canon, but these advantages of Nikon's cameras are swaying me away from Canon's offerings.

I would like suggestions from you guys as to which one I should go for? I'll be buying from FK, in around a month's time. As far as photography is concerned, I haven't done much except close-ups of flowers and plants I grow in my garden, as cellphone cameras don't give you much room for other kind of photography, or atleast that I feel. Though, occasionally, I do take shots of sunsets and other things, but having been restricted by cellphone cameras, I never had much of an opportunity to explore other areas. As far as lenses are concerned, for now, I'll settle down with the general purpose kit lens, and might look for something else when I feel the need for them, as for now, my priority would be to get hold of the dozens of manual controls and options dSLR's offer (as I'm moving to dSLR straight from Cellphone cameras).:p In case you still haven't got the idea of my budget, I'll prefer keeping it below 40K, though, can try stretching it for D5300, to about 45-46K, given I see the benefits. GPS and WiFi are not at all mandatory, as these are anyways going to drain away precious battery life.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Just to add to your confusion .. you also have an option of going for the mirrorless variety of camera's. As for canon vs nikon, that's a centuries old debate and as per me you'll be fine with whichever you choose. I would suggest that you go for the 5200 and then spend the rest of the cash on another lens.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I like the overall feel of D5200 but reduction of buttons as compared to canon 700D is what I didnt like. but D5200 is economical and you can save money to get next lens.
If you want to get mirrorless..jump on that wagon right now..

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Guys, finally I have decided to get myself a dSLR. Now which one in the budget is a headache. I'd like suggestions from you guys, and what better than in the photography thread itself? Earlier I was looking at the Canon EOS 600D and then the 700D, but while trying to make a final decision, I'm now confused as Nikon's offerings appear to give a better bang for the buck. Here I'm talking about the D5200 and D5300. The 600D and the D5200 with 18-55mm kit lens are available around 33-34K on FK, while 700D and D5300 with the same 18-55mm kit lens are available at 42-46K. Comparing both, the 600D and 700D and the D5200 and D5300 there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, in both brands' newest offering, barring a few things, like touch screen in 700D vs none in other three, onboard GPS and WiFi in D5300 vs none in any of the three.

The deciding factor for me were the marginally larger sensors on the Nikon cameras, more AutoFocus points, and better image quality, a number of camera comparision sites say, Nikon ones have. Though, since the beginning I have been inclined towards Canon, but these advantages of Nikon's cameras are swaying me away from Canon's offerings.

I would like suggestions from you guys as to which one I should go for? I'll be buying from FK, in around a month's time. As far as photography is concerned, I haven't done much except close-ups of flowers and plants I grow in my garden, as cellphone cameras don't give you much room for other kind of photography, or atleast that I feel. Though, occasionally, I do take shots of sunsets and other things, but having been restricted by cellphone cameras, I never had much of an opportunity to explore other areas. As far as lenses are concerned, for now, I'll settle down with the general purpose kit lens, and might look for something else when I feel the need for them, as for now, my priority would be to get hold of the dozens of manual controls and options dSLR's offer (as I'm moving to dSLR straight from Cellphone cameras). In case you still haven't got the idea of my budget, I'll prefer keeping it below 40K, though, can try stretching it for D5300, to about 45-46K, given I see the benefits. GPS and WiFi are not at all mandatory, as these are anyways going to drain away precious battery life.
I can't comment on the canon offerings but take it from a D5200 owner, that camera is a beauty. Controls simplified image quality real good and feels sturdy in the hand.

When buying from Flipkart make sure to check warranty issues. As Nikon has repeatedly saying Flipkart is not an authorised dealer. I got mine from Flipkart and I have warranty, but the Service center guys said there were cases when some cameras bought from Flipkart did not have their serial numbers in Nikon system and they were not covered under warranty.

If you decide to go with Nikon go with 5200 and not 5300. Invest the extra cash in a prime/teleporto lens according to your photo habits and a good tripod

$hadow

Geek in making
I like the overall feel of D5200 but reduction of buttons as compared to canon 700D is what I didnt like. but D5200 is economical and you can save money to get next lens.
If you want to get mirrorless..jump on that wagon right now..

Didn't they introduced a new 5000 series DSLR with touch screen panel?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks Prashant, Amlan, Sujoy, Nomad47. Thanks for your suggestions guys. For now, I'm staying away from mirrorless ones, not even considering them, not because I have something against those, but because I don't know almost anything about those. As for the lens suggestions, for now, I'll get myself the cam, and a tripod. Let's think about the lenses sometime later. :-D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Just a simple photo clicked from the window of a moving vehicle. (Used a mobile)
*s14.postimg.org/ua31c5xoh/WP_20150321_019.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
quan chi, your mobile gives some really amazing colors ... love the pinks and oranges

I shot the moon today, the ISO is quite high so that I could shoot with a non stabilized lens at a good shutter speed

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7646/16905063662_42e5ae378e_c.jpgSailor's moon by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

Top Bottom