The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: you defined these points in details. Thanks. And yes you can use my images without any question.

@krow: This shot is yours best in the recent past. Congrats. It has everything. Depth of field, composition, subject, colors. Add a little warmth to this image in photoshop.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
@Krow
Excellent...:thumbs: and yea i totally agree with toofan that it is ur best shot till now taken by u..

You guys live in very beautiful place...and i'm stuck on.......:unsure:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice shot krow. Waiting for more of your shots.

@toofan & @krow - Thanks for your help. I'll notify you in the coming month when I need the pics. I'll need your original(resized) will do but they should not bear your signature on it. Offcourse you will be given credit for your pics. That's assured. :)

@Rhitwick & @Anorion - Where are you guys? I'm curious to see your photographs taken on the meet day.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Height of passion : During exam you see your neighbour girl face lit up with sunlight & you wish to take her potrait admist the exam centre.

Happened with me today when I was writing my paper. Damn, how badly I missed my digital camera. The light was just perfect & her face was glowing like an angel. :D

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for comments guys. :)
@ toofan This time I'm taking your suggestion. Tell me how to "warm" this image in Photoshop. I'll do it and report. :)

*img256.imageshack.us/img256/5913/dsc05556h.jpg

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/2370/dsc05567.jpg
That's rhitwick and his guava.

Krow

Crowman
How the hell did I miss that? Damn! Awesome work toofan. You improved by leaps and bounds. I saw the same picture posted many times, so did not look carefully. :oops:

:doogone:

Stuge

Youngling
Lake Palace -Udaipur

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2763/4132718071_4b3049b5fc_b.jpg

post processed in CS4 .

@toofan :excellent picture :)

@krow :few pix are good :)

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks friends.
@Anaroin: I hadn't done much. The image is taken in such conditions that only increasing the contrast is darkening the background.

Stuge: beautiful. These days we all digitians are in Rajasthan Darshan. Thanks for introducing such beautiful places to us.

Krow: the first image of green leaves doesn't require warming.

Warming an image means Increasing the color temperature. or you can say adding little yellow color to the image.
For increasing the temperature/warmth:
1. Open the image in photoshop Raw image editor. There is a slider in the first tab increase that and see the result. or
2. In photoshop you can add a curve adjustment layer. or
3. color balance adjustment layer. or
4. Add a warmth photo filter.

One tip for you to get the colors accurate from the camera itself.

1. Use the white balance as conditions/observation while shooting.
2. Or you can take a piece of white paper with you and set the custom white balance of camera at the spot by pointing toward the paper/the white background (you think is white) so that the whole frame become white and then pressing the set white color balance button.
procedure may change acc. to camera.

Hope this will help.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A few from me...had been retouched in gr8 length...

*lh4.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SwlURtC49JI/AAAAAAAAAgM/RbrrlP27gvQ/s800/IMG_0803.JPG

*lh6.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SwlUWRcfFNI/AAAAAAAAAis/7oPV92n8oHE/s400/IMG_0819.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SwlUiYwKQvI/AAAAAAAAAhA/zvP77Dk1XC0/s400/IMG_0851.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SwlUk8b474I/AAAAAAAAAi0/eBjVOdOsWN4/s400/IMG_0883.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SwlUq6SiL7I/AAAAAAAAAjA/59c45XGkwuM/s400/IMG_0917.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/Sw3vKgwd-CI/AAAAAAAAAi8/6Fqabkn8vrU/s800/IMG_0884.JPG

Krow

Crowman
@ rhitwick Apart from the yellow flower, all look to be a bit overdone. It is not necessary to blur the background always. :) In the pink flower image, the background looks much more prominent than the flower. Hope these help.

@ toofan Tips taken and will soon be implemented. Thanks a lot. :)

@ Stuge Great picture. How did they make that thing in the lake? :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
*img187.imageshack.us/img187/7219/dsc05321.jpg

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@krow - Nice shot but I feel it would have looked even better with a vertical perspective.

@Rhitwick - Which software did you use to touchup the pics? Picasa? I liked the yellow flower & the butterfly one. But still I feel you could do away with blur around the butterfly as it is a bit distracting.

@stuge - Nice work. You have excellent PS skills.
Posted again:
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4111745158_a3d61baa56_o.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2567/4105754923_7f1e6d90e5_o.jpg

And we twist!
:)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, I got ur points....
The mistake I did was to take shots in high ISO. Subjects came so-so but the backgrounds were sh1tty...
Had to smudge them...

Then. this is my first PP :p, so...wo bhi jayda ho gaya..

Yes, I used Picasa..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Don't worry Rhitwick since when it comes to PP even I'm a n00b :D
Also did I suggest you to get out of the AUTO mode & do all your shooting on MANUAL mode. In the next meet I will guide you with the same. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: First shot is excellent.

@retwik: artificial blurring is not done properly. But I liked the dear and butterfly image.
forth image of "kuri ka phool" is very very poor shot. Totally waste.

@krow: compare your shot of road and Cool's shot of road. See the difference in color. YOur images is good as a subject but totally dull in appearance in comparison to Cool's Image. His one is a perfect white/color balanced image.

Top Bottom