The Photography Thread

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] - Wow, Great details in those macros. Regular houseflies ?

[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] - Cool looks nice. Was your camera wearing sunglasses ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, I am afraid these are not as impressive as the previous set. :(
Gen, "Camera wearing sunglasses" :lol:

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac I cant ask these insects to model for me :D I am lucky to even shooting them from 10cm distance ;)

what I understood in Macro is, we need certain things to get good macro shots -

1. Macro lens 1:1
2. an external flash
3. external flash triggers (wired, wireless)
4. a clamp to hold external flash from sideways
5. A bigger diffuser
If possible a tripod with moving center column
Nac just for fun do an excersise ...take a 1.5 KG some weight ...hold that weight with both your hands and move your hands front straight so that your hands and legs make a 90 degree angle...see for how much time you can handle it like that without a single bit of vibration ...now move your hands up down left right carrying weight without a tiny vibration...after an hour you will feel the pain of macro photographers :D :D and hands are straight cause we focus looking at back screen :)

abhidev

Human Spambot
[MENTION=154968]Gen.Libeb[/MENTION] this was last year during the rainy seasons and that too it was taken from inside a running car... :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] : those are some really amazing macros, very detailed and great light. It's almost as if you got trained the insects to pose for you :p .... I'm getting more and more tempted to get hold of a macro lens, or even get hold of those adapters that we discussed (I think the cheapness will make up for the slight loss in quality).
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] : That's an amazing fog shot ....

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan thanks....cheapest is the 300Rs reverse ring ...but I must tell you light is the biggest problem in macro even when shooting in summer afternoon :)

Hrishi

@amlan thanks....cheapest is the 300Rs reverse ring ...but I must tell you light is the biggest problem in macro even when shooting in summer afternoon :)

An external flash is so expensive , though.
I searched all Delhi for a Close up filter (62mm) , but was not able to find one. Don't know where will I find one , except online stores.
BTW , those reverse ring you guys are talking about , how dangerous they can be to our lenses ?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
For filters online is pretty much the only option since physical stores will have only a limited set of the more popular filters.

Reversal ring needs you to manually control the lens, people tend to do that by physically manipulateing the aperture level, that might damage the lens. Other than that its pretty safe.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] the cheapest external flash I heard cost 1800Rs...not too costly I suppose :)

Closeup filters reduces the quality of picture for sure...Extension tube and reverse ring dont reduce the IQ .

Reverse ring have one issue that backside of lens is open for dust and scratches...just be careful

Also for Extension tube and reverse ring you need manual aperture ring...soo old manual lenses are best for these not the newer ones ....I had made a combo of Rs.800 ET + 3.5k Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF lens for macro in the starting...but its very difficult to handle soo bought a manual Macro lens :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I can never manage to get the 2nd shot without some obstruction.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5241/14079584363_78b9c0d2c0_b.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7324/14036416806_2bb37515ae_b.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Gen, the first shot is beautiful. For the second if there are always people there then one option is to shoot it from a tripod at a low shutter speed. This will blur out all the moving traffic and people. You'll need to use your highest aperture f/22 and lowest ISO 100 or 80 for this.
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION]: The pic looks pretty good, but light rays effect seems added on and unnatural.

Top Bottom