The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan with 500mm , this pic is still 1/4 of the original pic ....but details are good ...I will try something if someday I get moon on rise ...

btw those big moon pics have two saperate pics of big moon and the actual picture...both merged togather

sujoyp

Grand Master
no Nac ....moon is never that big...even with trick photography its impossible to make moon 10 times larger then original..and there are lots of video and tutorial how to take those pics

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Few years back, I thought that it's possible. Later when I started to learn about image manipulation and the tricks involved to taking photographs, I thought it's not possible. But later I started to think it's pretty much possible and I started seeing images which are very much convincing enough that my thought is right...

This is one among them...

1IMG_3160 SUN AFTER SUNRISE | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Check his others works too...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
That was the reason I wanted someone with a big lens to give it a shot. It's super easy to do this with an image manipulation software (heck, i've seen people fake this in paint :p). But a couple of sites tell you that it's about relative size so using a large focal length lens with the subject very far away you can get these results straight out of the camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
that pic is very easy to take it seems...but would I want to point my lens towards sun for long time?? NO ;)

I will try this but on cloudy day when sun is soft ....also Nac most of Sun shots on that photostream are not good at all ...

this shot *www.flickr.com/photos/anupamrajeev/9719536792/
its shot just at 200mm ...impossible.. he have cropped the pic a lot...and photoshopped ...look at the line around the sun ...maybe he have pasted the sun there :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
srkmish both shots are good ...post the pics from flickr or some photo sharing sites ...

Guys I tried the big moon experiment with a small ceramic hut ...My main Idea was to put that hut as a silhouette inside the moon.
But the result was--- since the moon was on infinite distance the closer object thats my ceramic house was soo much out of focus that it disappered..
Also If I focus on the house the moon becomes total out of focus and just a round white out of focus light...

Soo to achive this I need a subject almost as small which can be fit inside the moon and it should be at least 50 meter away from my lens to focus on infinity.

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
so your object needs to be at a distance greater than the so called hyperfocal distance of the lens. There are online calculators for finding out this distance. It'll give you some idea.

I guess you can use that ceramic hut with the moon if you keep the hut really far away. Like across the room or even on your neighbor's roof, while you focus from yours :)

Plus silhouette is ok, but you can use a phone led or torch to light up the hut to give it some detail. Try both if you can

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah ...problem is I can not go to neighbor's bunglow to keep my subject...his bunglow is lower then mine ..I want higher...I will try whatever I can ;) lets see

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah I too have shot some Dahiliya at a flower show...they are beautiful...shot through mobile

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7397/12081400234_2acd1194b1.jpg
DSC_0064 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5527/12081657796_127f88c7d8.jpg
DSC_0066 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I've been trying out the my lens adapter and my old Panagor 28mm prime. Here is a shot that I clicked yesterday

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3681/12120580695_02cb6fab53_c.jpg
Nightly strolls by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

BTW this is the type of weather that I find when I go for all those golden hour shoots

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/12103274464_68b5bb70e5_c.jpg
A haunting we will go by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
they are awesome amlan ...very good ones

on 1st one exif says shutter speed 1/15 and ISO 3200 ...y didnt u use long exposure for this shot keeping ISO low??

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Wasn't carrying any tripod and there was no place to put down the camera, so it had to be a handheld shot. Will try again with a tripod. BTW my gorillapod magnetic can hold my kit lens but not my very heavy prime one, so I might need to upgrade that too

kaz

right here
Got my D5200 today....After 7days of ordering :(
Will shot at a beach tomorrow....Will get some goods pics worth posting here :)

Any precautions while shooting on beach (other than the water :D) ?

Top Bottom