The Photography Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I can see nice dynamic in "gay abandon", "enchanted sunset" :)

Reviews of SX50 was much better than HS50. If you're not happy with SX50, it's less likely that you will like HS50 or the difference won't be massive to worth the switch. I get it, lens is little faster and phase detection. If you're serious in getting a new bridge, better try your hands on before buying.

Actually now that G1x is available for 26-27k , i have dropped the idea of HS50. An APSC sensor pocketable camera. Life cant get better. Will be putting up sale thread for SX50 :D .

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ It's good to hear that you are considering G1X when there is a popular model RX100 is out there are selling at similar price range.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
G1x sensor is still quite large as compared to RX100. Plus i am fan of post processing . So those RAW images that G1x gives me , i will have more details to work with as compared to RX100 and not to mention, low light photos will be better as well.

sujoyp

Grand Master
canon G1x for 27k ...hmmm interesting ;)

But I still dont think its worth it...it have a fixed 28-112mm equivalent lens attached with f2.8 - 5.6
It offers a 28-112mm-equivalent focal length range, and in terms of depth of field and background blur, behaves much as an F5.2 - F11 optic would on a full frame camera.
as said by dpreview

at 50mm its f4.5 and at 85mm its f5.6 ....its like a hifi P&S again

but yes its a better alternative to people want to buy a dslr and fit a 18-200 or 18-105 lens all the time :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ RX100 would be like f/4.9 - f/13.4 on a FF. Pretty close...

I like to have good burst speed in my camera which Canon doesn't offer but I like the high ISO performance and VF of Canon which Sony doesn't offer. So it's a matter of priority. Nikon DSLR user wants to own RX100 and ex-Canon DSLR user wants to own G1X. :)

Do you think you will be OK with the camera which doesn't have VF after you have been with one for few years.

sujoyp

Grand Master
errr I dont want to dump my DSLR ...just want a 2nd small camera which could take quality pics...and which I can take to temples, church, museums...and which other people can use to take my pics too :D where most can not handle a dlsr..and take blurry outoffocus shots of me ;)

nac where did u get that RX100 is f4.9-f13.4 data...its not in dpreview..please give link

BTW RX100 is f3.5 at 50mm and f4.5 @85mm

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I know you are not going to dump DSLR. I asked you because, after I tried my hands on with D90 even I really like to have OVF.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sujoy, you might want to consider a mirrorless. That way you won't need 2 cams. It'll be an upgrade to your existing 3100 and can be a simple hassle free cam that others can shoot with (heck you can remote control the shots on your mobile), its compact, the burst mode is super fast, the new ones have phase detect focus for fast focus and its compact to carry.

The downside is no ovf, lenses need adapters or you buy the expensive sony lenses.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You cant talk him out of it by saying burst speed, faster AF and all... He has invested a lot in Nikkor lenses. He will consider only when Nikon introduces a APS-C or FF CSC with the same F mount.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac is very right ...now I have 6 lenses and a flash all for nikon only ...Hope nikon come with something better then those J1, J2 and V1, V2...I would certainly consider it

I want to own a fujifilm X20 like device someday ...which is small , pocketable, large sensor , premium look, fast ..28-112 f2-2.8 lens ...

sujoyp

Grand Master
---------------------------------------------------------------
3 shots from today morning

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/11767160235_2a2ca9d205_z.jpg
DSC_0825 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2822/11767400563_f8b793b5e2_z.jpg
DSC_0826 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7425/11767389223_dac727ac9e_z.jpg
DSC_0834 by sujoyp, on Flickr

some flowers I edited after a week :D

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3824/11769680136_0d4800f4a5_z.jpg
DSC_0704 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5526/11768935715_86676e5d58_z.jpg
DSC_0694 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/11769198873_af847e1835_c.jpg
DSC_0685 by sujoyp, on Flickr

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I liked the rose ones. The bud one is to good. The first bird photo , is that shot through a window?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@srkmish thanks for liking ...yes that shot is taken from window grill coz that bird is very alert ...the moment it sees me with this big black canon like lens it just fly away even before pointing at it...soo had to hide :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, Bird 1 and 2 and flower 1 are awesome. :doublethumb:

Bird 3 and flower 2 are good but the above three stole the post.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Nac ....I really love both my rose shots this time :)

2nd rose is soo complete and perfect ....never shot something like that before :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
6 days into the new year and I haven't got a single decent shot yet, so I'll post what I have now.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5491/11780264595_e8d29f3e61_b.jpg

This was a result of a failed attempt to freeze moving vehicles. I had to be happy with this & some post processing.
*imageshack.us/a/img842/4116/oux9.jpg

I saw this while going this around so this was again a chance to repeat this kind of shot. This time ISO - 6400 @ 1/160 sec.
*imageshack.us/a/img809/6555/7u1m.jpg

I want to get some decent street night shots but haven't yet been able to foresee what kind of photo I want to get.
*imageshack.us/a/img513/2744/aqzw.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup, the first shot is amazing. Did you give it an HDR treatment ? since I can't seem to figure out how the tree could be so well lit when the sky looks like a dusk sky. But whatever the reason, that's a great shot.

For traffic shots you might want to give trails or very low POV shots (cam almost touching the road) a go.

Top Bottom