The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes but pranav u wrote in other therad that u compulsorily do PP to all pics and just opposite medico is trying to avoid any PP on his pics ....soo what I am saying that a balance can be maintained :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
yes but pranav u wrote in other therad that u compulsorily do PP to all pics and just opposite medico is trying to avoid any PP on his pics ....soo what I am saying that a balance can be maintained :D

Precisely. PP is needed but in moderation so that it doesnt look like applying lipstick to a pig :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
@cyberkid and I wrote just the opposite :D I liked 3rd of Nac and found 1&2 un-natural LOL

today is the day of opposite quotes :D 1st by medico and pranav then cyberkid and me ...great

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
since all of you seem so confused with landscapes and HDRs let me contribute a macro shot .....

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/9712306470_cec2a9142c_c.jpg
of chariots and flowers by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Cyberkid,
Thank you... Yeah, they are over cooked. I am not fan of HDR, but still I like all the four of 'em (esp. first (posted in the other thread) and last). Rarely, I like more than 2 photos in a series and this is one of them.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
Made this short movie guys, give your comments on it.
'A Prophetic Dream' - A short movie that explains the importance of teachers - YouTube

A good work, nipunmaster! Nice story line..
You need to get better at composition..Try to frame a scene in various angles..and also camera shake is quite tampering..
You really need to cut short the length of the video..try aiming for 5-6 min max..dont test their patience :p
PP was good., and good luck for your upcoming projects..

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Nipunmaster: finally got back to my broadband and got a chance to see your movie, pretty cool stuff. Can't wait for your next one

I was trying out some night shots a few days back. The aim was to see if I could get a half decent bokeh out of my cam and stock lens

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/9730831673_1e3fe5c82c_c.jpg
Watching over the city by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

Guess getting this silhouette was a bonus :)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/9739974704_0d0224fca2_c.jpg
There's a world out there by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
1st one is nice amlan ...bokeh is not soo good...but descent enough ...u should have put some beer in that mug before shooting :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
Very personal opinion, but I HATE watermarks disfiguring the very subject of a photo its meant to show. I hate that with a vengeance. Why on earth do people care so much about losing the images to the internet ?
Its not like one is becoming immortal over the internet even if one's images go viral - most people would just curse you for ruining the show with a ghastly watermark and some guy will just edit it to remove the watermark anyways. Not saying I dont understand this need some people have to watermark their images, but do it in a more subtle way - on the sides and not in a way that it gets half the attention. I'd hate to have anybody's face plastere with a logo that screams ABCDEFG Photography.

Credit to you, your watermark is less obtrusive than a few others I have seen. /rant

Other than that, decent shot though the background is overexposed - use newspapers rather than white a4 sheets. Although you can certainly find stuff better than both of them.

@Amlan: I am not very sure with the idea of handheld photography at night :D
But good shots, although the bokeh isnt that great.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@arian :) ...nice try ...would like bit nicer subject :D

and yes I too hate watermarks...soo initially i tried but then its not worth...the high quality pic is always with us and low quality pics are online...no issues :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@arian: that is a cool image
@pranav, how would a newspaper be better for an isolation shot? Wouldn't that just clutter the background more?

Guys, tips on getting a better bokeh without changing to a f/1.8 or so lens?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@arian: that is a cool image
@pranav, how would a newspaper be better for an isolation shot? Wouldn't that just clutter the background more?

Guys, tips on getting a better bokeh without changing to a f/1.8 or so lens?

Newspaper for getting rid of the overexposure by helping the camera (that being said I cannot comment much unless I know what type of camera was used), not isolation. I have had okayish photos using newspapers as the background - adds a rather nostalgic touch, especially the font used by The Hindu. Make sure that the newspaper is atleast a month old in the open :D

@Amlan : Reduce the distance between the lens and the subject wrt the distance betwen the subject and the background.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Amlan do you have a zoom lens? if yes then its soo easy ....keep in mind the minimum focus distance at its highest focal length...like 300mm @ 2 meters ...and keep the subject at a place where background is at least 10-15 meters behind...and bingo u will get a creamy full green background :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Nope, no lenses yet. The stock lens is a 16-50 lens with a 1.5 crop factor. So 24-75 compared to a 35mm. Will try the nearest subject distance and let you know how it works out

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Nope, no lenses yet. The stock lens is a 16-50 lens with a 1.5 crop factor. So 24-75 compared to a 35mm. Will try the nearest subject distance and let you know how it works out

Thats fine. Doesnt your camera have an APS-C sensor ?
In that case I cant see why it shouldnt get as much bokeh as the regular 18-55mm lenses on the APSC DSLRs...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pranav whats the relation of apsc sensor and bokeh??

i only know bokeh is related to focal length and f-stop

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@pranav whats the relation of apsc sensor and bokeh??

i only know bokeh is related to focal length and f-stop

Bokeh also depends on the sensor size, larger sensor = better bokeh (for the photograph shot to have the same field of view a Full frame sensor needs a longer focal length, so)

Top Bottom